Koningsdam

sail7seas

Who was take out Captain for the new ship? Was Stan Kuppens take out Hotel Director?

WilL that take out Captain do the cruises for early , /mid October 2017 from Fort LaUDERDAale? Thanks

Who is take out Captain for Nieuw Statendam?

Edited by sail7seas

Who was take out Captain for the new ship? Was Stan Kuppens take out Hotel Director?

WilL that take out Captain do the cruises for early , /mid October 2017 from Fort LaUDERDAale? Thanks

Who is take out Captain for Nieuw Statendam?

Take out captain for Koningsdam was Emiel de Vries and the HD was, in fact, Stan Kuppens, his third in a row, I believe, unless he was also take-out HD on Noordam. But you, as HAL Mariner Ambassador for/on Noordam, would know that S7S. I know that HD Kuppens took out Eurodam, Nieuw Amsterdam and Koningsdam.

The take-out captain for Nieuw Statendam is still a well kept secret :D

HAL 'take-out' captains since 1959:

Rotterdam V - Commodore Coenraad Bouman

Nieuw Amsterdam III – Captain Frederik “Freek” van Driel

Noordam III - Captain Hans “Eul” Eulderink

Statendam V - Captain Hans ‘Eul” Eulderink

Maasdam IV - Captain Coenraad Menke

Ryndam III - Captain Jean ‘Jack’ van Coevorden

Veendam IV - Captain Hans “Eul” Eulderink

Rotterdam VI – Captain Jacob Dijk

Volendam III - Captain Johannes ‘Hans’van Biljouw

Zaandam – Captain Jean “Jack” van Coevorden

Amsterdam III – Captain Edward van Zaane

Prinsendam II - Captain Halle Thon Gundersen

Zuiderdam – Captain Jean “Jack"van Coevoerden

Oosterdam – Captain Johannes ‘Hans’ van Biljouw

Westerdam III - Captain Dirk van den Berg

Noordam IV – Captain John Scott

Eurodam – Captain Jeroen van Donselaar

Nieuw Amsterdam IV – Captain Edward van Zaane

Koningsdam – Captain Emiel de Vries

Nieuw Statendam - ???

Only two 'non-Dutchmen' ;)

Take out captain for Koningsdam was Emiel de Vries and the HD was, in fact, Stan Kuppens, his third in a row, I believe, unless he was also take-out HD on Noordam. But you, as HAL Mariner Ambassador for/on Noordam, would know that S7S. I know that HD Kuppens took out Eurodam, Nieuw Amsterdam and Koningsdam.

The take-out captain for Nieuw Statendam is still a well kept secret :D

Thanks, Copper. Stan, indeed, was take out Hotel Manager on Noordam, as they were called at the time.......... He is tops!!!! GREAT guy. Yes he was take out for Eurodam, Nieuw Amsterd am and now I learn Koningsdam... probably Nieuw Statendam. :) He and Wawan (MDR Manager) were a wonderful team . It is my undserstanding, Wawan is now retired. He was take out (MDR Manager) for somethting like 8-9 ships. Two very elegant gentlemen.

Funny no snnouncment re: Take Out Captain for NIeuw Statendam..... Wouldn't it be likely he is in Italy with the ship? now?

Edited by sail7seas

Thanks, Copper. Stan, indeed, was take out Hotel Manager on Noordam, as they were called at the time.......... He is tops!!!! GREAT guy. I think he was take out for Eurodam, Nieuw amsterd am and now I learn Koningsdam... probably Nieuw Statendam. :)

Well, Mr. Kuppens is not found on the planning schedule for later this year so NSDM could very well become his fifth take-out ship in a row. Can't beat experience

riginally posted by Copper10-8 Take out captain for Koningsdam was Emiel de Vries and the HD was, in fact, Stan Kuppens, his third in a row, I believe, unless he was also take-out HD on Noordam. ( About time for me to sail Noordam, again. :) Miss that gorgeous ship. But you, as HAL Mariner Ambassador for/on Noordam, would know that S7S. I ( know that HD Kuppens took out Eurodam, Nieuw Amsterdam and Koningsdam.

The take-out captain for Nieuw Statendam is still a well kept secret clear.png?emoji-grin-1677

HAL 'take-out' captains since 1959:

Rotterdam V - Commodore Coenraad Bouman

Nieuw Amsterdam III – Captain Frederik “Freek” van Driel

Noordam III - Captain Hans “Eul” Eulderink

Statendam V - Captain Hans ‘Eul” Eulderink

Maasdam IV - Captain Coenraad Menke

Ryndam III - Captain Jean ‘Jack’ van Coevorden

Veendam IV - Captain Hans “Eul” Eulderink

Rotterdam VI – Captain Jacob Dijk

Volendam III - Captain Johannes ‘Hans’van Biljouw

Zaandam – Captain Jean “Jack” van Coevorden

Amsterdam III – Captain Edward van Zaane

Prinsendam II - Captain Halle Thon Gundersen

Zuiderdam – Captain Jean “Jack"van Coevoerden

Oosterdam – Captain Johannes ‘Hans’ van Biljouw

Westerdam III - Captain Dirk van den Berg

Noordam IV – Captain John Scott

Eurodam – Captain Jeroen van Donselaar

Nieuw Amsterdam IV – Captain Edward van Zaane

Koningsdam – Captain Emiel de Vries

Nieuw Statendam - ???

Only two 'non-Dutchmen' ;)

An impressive list of outsttanding seamen/ Captains. :) Makers of HAL's fine history. :)

According to people we talked to on KDAM in March, Sten is now a bigwig at Carnival Corporation. No longer going to sea. He is sort of the Hotel Manager Role Model, Trainer and Quality Assurance guy, for the entire corporation.

Great guy. Many funny times with him.

According to people we talked to on KDAM in March, Sten is now a bigwig at Carnival Corporation. No longer going to sea. He is sort of the Hotel Manager Role Model, Trainer and Quality Assurance guy, for the entire corporation.

Thanks for the update Bruce! :)

Did you find the only two non-Dutchies?

Captain John Scott (of Noordam fame) :) -Britsh Commodore Bouman.... surprising if that is correct as to th e 'old' Rotterdam

??

Edited by sail7seas

Captain John Scott (of Noordam fame) :) -Britsh Commodore Bouman.... surprising if that is correct as to th e 'old' Rotterdam

??

Commodore Coenraad Bouman was as Dutch as they come with quite a seafaring history ;) Besides Capt. John Scott, the other non-Dutchman in this group is Norwegian Capt. Halle Thon "Hello, it's me again" Gundersen, practically born along with "his ship", Prinsendam, and since retired

Commodore Coenraad Bouman was as Dutch as they come with quite a seafaring history ;) Besides Capt. John Scott, the other non-Dutchman in this group is Norwegian Capt. Halle Thon "Hello, it's me again" Gundersen, practically born along with "his ship", Prinsendam, and since retired

DH and I were sailing Zaandam b-to-b, when Capt. Gunderson had ju st signed on with HAL. He was aboard o bser ing an d becoming familiar with HAL's way of doing things. One day, We were asked if we would enjoy a 'guest at our table that night for dinner (a formal night) We said sure without any idea it wasto be Captain Guderson. Did not know until he arrived at our table. . He was not yet in uniform but the stewards knew he was to be the new Captain o f Prinsendam and were excited to be serving him dinner. ........... d A fine gentleman with some most enterraining stories to share. We could not have enjoyed him more. After that we had the shear pleasaure of being with him a few times during that cruise.

Couldn't have made a better choice for the position. I'm sure Stan misses being at sea after all those years.

When I asked Captain Eversen on the Amsterdam in July about the Nieuw Statendam's take-out Master, he said that he believed the individual had been selected, but the name was not ready for public release. With that information, I did not bother asking HD Bart who the take-out HD might be.

What's the point in the secrecy?

When I asked Captain Eversen on the Amsterdam in July about the Nieuw Statendam's take-out Master, he said that he believed the individual had been selected, but the name was not ready for public release. With that information, I did not bother asking HD Bart who the take-out HD might be.

What's the point in the secrecy?

I don't believe there's a point in secrecy; I believe they're just waiting for the right time to announce it. It's not just the Capt and HD, it's the chief engineer, staff captain and others. Those folks are not at the yard as of yet. Still a bit too early

An absolutely fabulous captain. the Prinsendam was his baby until the day he retired and he took good care of her. Wonderful to sail with him on board :)

Was Captain Gundersen take out Captain on both the Prinsendam and Royal Viking Sun. A unique honor to be takeout Captain on the same ship twice.

Roy

Yes, he was part of a team that supervised the building of Royal Viking Sun until her completion in 1988. He then became two of her permanent captains and came over with her to HAL in 2002