Celebrity Summit to Canada? Fourth of July Cruise 2018

dustball

Has anyone done this cruise and can offer some comments? We went on Eclipse last summer and loved it. We are wondering how different Summit is. Also, we LOVED being in the choir on Eclipse. Is there a choir on Summit?

Thanks for all the help!

PS we are just off the Breakaway and decided that is the last NCL (and mega ship cruise) that we will go on.... :D

We did that cruise this year but ours included Canada Day - don't know if yours does. The Eclipse is a very different ship. The Infinity is much older and smaller. We absolutely loved our cruise but you can't go into this thinking it will be similar because to me it won't be. The similar thing is the staff - in my opinion, friendly, helpful and around! Food is slightly different just because of the size - both good but Infinity smaller so less variety. I don't remember there being a choir on Infinity and again I would say smaller so less variety. Although these sound like negatives they're not it's just that you need to expect different. The rooms are also different. They vary in size much more than the newer ships so you need to look before you choose.

I think you should book it as we had a fabulous time just go expecting great just different.

I assume you are referring to the June 27th Independence Cruise.

As Hopeless (Hi Joanne) says, the Summit is a much different ship than the Eclipse. I personally like the Summit but it does not have the Lawn and is a fair bit smaller than the Eclipse. It is still in great shape and as long as you are not expecting everything the Eclipse had you should be OK.

The itinerary you are looking at is Fantastic and you'd be in Canada for July 1st to celebrate Canada Day.

I am looking at that cruise next year, was going to do it this year but a wedding curtailed those plans. Have done Summit several times, it is a smaller ship than any of the S class ships obviously but has many of the same features. Celebrity spent millions "Solsticizing" the M class ships. I also found the crew on Summit to be great. For me also, going out of Bayonne is real easy, two hours from my house in Pa and half and hour from daughters house in NJ.

We had a great time on this cruise celebrating Independence Days in Canada (Halifax) and US (Boston). Review is at https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=584158. Feel free to ask questions.

Just a quick correction, Canada does not have an Independence Day.... we simply call it Canada Day. 150 years young this year. :D

Just a quick correction, Canada does not have an Independence Day.... we simply call it Canada Day. 150 years young this year. :D

Very true. Our actual independence date was December 11th, 1931 and I don't think the OP wants to be on an Eastern Canadian Independence Day cruise on any December 11th. Brrrr!:eek: