Tell me about breakfast :)

Chickenlover8

LOL, that made me giggle.

I like both MDR and buffet...just depends on my mood and my schedule. I agree with the above posters that if you like scrambled or fried eggs, then definitely get them at the omelette station so they are freshly made and not powdered. The Dr Suess breakfast is a lot of fun and good food. I even liked the steak and eggs there better than the sea day brunch steak and eggs. I admit that I have young children...but there were several tables with just teenage kids or no kids at all.

:) I like both too... just having a little fun. Glad I got a giggle out of someone.

We did a "Behind the Scenes Tour" and the head chef told us the buffet eggs are not powdered but liquid eggs they purchase in 5 gallon tubs. I love the omelet station but always ask for very little grease, sometimes they put a ton of grease in the pan

Haven't sailed Carnival since 2009. As I recall they had the best cut up fruit on the Lido deck. Watermelon and cantaloupe chuncks and orange and grapefruit slices. Great was to start the day. Do they still offer that? I will be on the Dream in November.

Haven't sailed Carnival since 2009. As I recall they had the best cut up fruit on the Lido deck. Watermelon and cantaloupe chuncks and orange and grapefruit slices. Great was to start the day. Do they still offer that? I will be on the Dream in November.

Yes, still there last time we cruised.

My advice is avoid the buffet. The MDR will have a much more relaxed start to your day. On port days it will serve a standard table service breakfast with a wide variety of juices, fruit, pastries, cereals, eggs, pancakes etc. On sea day it will run a differ menu for sea day brunch. There are still breakfast items but are more unique like steak and eggs and cereal crusted French toast. A simple search will produce the actual menus.

Oh - and if you like Mexican, and you ship has a blue iquana, you could try them for. Real fast - but that is still "Lido"

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just so there is no Confusion for the OP, Not all Sea Days Are a Brunch!:)

Hope this Helps!

Mpdog42

I'm excited to get coffee and fruit to our room. If everyone is asleep I'll duck up to the lido to bring bacon back. I'd the mdr stops serving at 9, I doubt we'll make it there. I am excited for sea day brunch and the suess brunch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone! I had no idea about the blue iguana or omelette station :) we will definitely try all of the places for sure! Is there a dress code for the mdr for breakfast?

Just cruise casual. No swimsuits, men's tank tops etc.

I'm a first timer...is cruise casual t shirt and shorts and flip flops? Lol

For day time, yes. For evening in MDR no flip flops or t shirts. Here is the dress code from the website:

Main Dining Room(s)

Following is the dress code in the Main Dining Room(s) for both men and women and pertains to children as well:

Cruise Casual Dress Code

Men: sport slacks, khakis, Jeans (no cut-offs), dress shorts (long) and collared polo shirts

Women: summer dresses, casual skirts, pants, capris, dress shorts, Jeans (no cut-offs) blouses and tops

Not permitted: Cut-off Jeans, men’s sleeveless shirts, tee-shirts, gym or basketball shorts, baseball hats, flip-flops and bathing suit attire

Cruise Elegant Dress Code

Men: dress slacks, dress shirts, and we also suggest a sport coat; men may also wish to wear a suit and tie or tuxedo

Women: Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; ladies may also wish to wear an evening gown

Not permitted: Jeans, men’s sleeveless shirts, shorts, tee-shirts, sportswear, gym or basketball shorts, baseball hats, flip-flops and bathing suit attire

Be warned...someone is gonna come on here after me and tell you that they wear tshirt and flips flops in the MDR and then start a debate about how Carnival doesn't enforce the rules, they paid for their vacation and are going to dress how they want etc. You will need decide for yourself if that is appropriate in light of the code posted above.

Breakfast burrito from the blue iguana. Line is usually short there as well.

Yep. This has become our go-to for port days when the seaday brunch isn't offered and the Lido buffet has been overrun by the Horde. :)

There is seldom a line there -- thank goodness not every cruiser reads Cruise Critic :halo: -- and it's good and fresh.

I'm a first timer...is cruise casual t shirt and shorts and flip flops? Lol

For breakfast or brunch in the MDR, it's basically anything you want except no swimming attire (cover-ups required). They're aware that people will be eating there before leaving the ship on port days or heading up to the pools, so it's more casual than the dinner dress-code previously posted.

Really highly recommend the seaday brunch, too. We kinda "discovered" it our last few cruises on Carnival and it was great. Steak and eggs, yummm!

We used to always go the the MDR for breakfast, but last cruise on the conquest we would go up to lido early, around 7:15, and found it to be a relaxing expierence since it was still very quiet, especially on the sea days. We would sit upstairs to where the BBQ is later in the day, and we would be the only people up there for around twenty minutes!

I'm an early riser and usually sit and eat a danish and drink a coffee and watch them get ready to open the breakfast buffet. Then, I'm pretty much the first one in line or the first to get an omelette. Otherwise, they have just about everything a person could want for breakfast, and I'm always a bit confused when people complain about a lack of variety? For my breakfast at home it's usually eggs or oatmeal, so to have that buffet available it's always a large variety for me.