Specialty Dining on Constellation

iujen94

Hi! Brand new to Celebrity and planning a cruise to Greece/Italy next summer on Constellation. Wondering about the specialty restaurants on Constellation. If the Celebrity website is to be believed (and I've figured out that's questionable) - there are 3 restaurants - Qsine, Tuscan Grille and Ocean Liners. Is that accurate, or are there others?

A few questions - anyone know where I can find the Ocean Liners menu? I found menus for the other 2 on the website, but not Ocean Liners.

Am I reading the Tuscan Grille menu correctly that there are only two entree choices (filet or halibut)?

I know this is a subjective question, but which of these restaurants are "worth" the extra cost - taking into account both the quality of the specialty restaurant and the quality of what we could get for "free" in the main dining room otherwise.

Thanks so much!

Hi there i was on the last cruise from abu dhab to rome that had ocean liners ,,it is no more .. it was replaced by Qsine :( i know bad judgement call lol i can tell you Tuscan Grill has many more choices than fillet or fish ,,its worth the cover charge in my opinion

Ocean Liners has been replaced by the Tuscan Grille as far as I know. They have been replacing the ocean liner themed restaurants with the Tuscan Grille or Quisene. during this round of dry docks and the Constellation just came out of drydock in May. They have also added Sushi of 5 as an ala carte sushi restaurant replacing Bistro on 5. We have enjoyed the Tuscan Grille on the Millennium when they had some discount offerings. Nice steaks, nice pasta dishes. Very nice service. In general during out 8 Celebrity cruises we have found the food in the MDR to be fine and the service to be very nice too.

Just 2 speciality restaurants. Tuscan and Qsine. Sushi on 5 is a ala carte venue.

We enjoy both Tuscan & Qsine but IMHO Qsine is best with a group of 6-8 as it is more a tapas style dining with sharing of dishes. On a cruise earlier this year we got a group of 9 together an had a fun evening at Qsine.

Sadly, Ocean Liners is gone. No longer on M-class ships. That was the only specialty that IMHO was worth the charge. Tuscan, we feel is like a slightly upscale chain restaurant and not worth the additional cost. The views are lovely there, but since we tend to dine late it's too dark to see anything but our own reflection.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from a 9 night cruise on the Constellation. We had dinner at Tuscan Grille twice and it was superb. There are several fish choices, several pasta choices and 2 steak choices. There are also 2 additional steak choices for an additional fee on top of the $45 fee. I had the 9 oz Filet Mignon which was terrific. You can order 1/2 orders of the pasta dishes as an appetizer. Our 2nd night, Peter, the maitre'd (who does a wonderful job), brought additional appetizers to the table. Definitely worth the $45/pp surcharge.

Hi! Brand new to Celebrity and planning a cruise to Greece/Italy next summer on Constellation. Wondering about the specialty restaurants on Constellation. If the Celebrity website is to be believed (and I've figured out that's questionable) - there are 3 restaurants - Qsine, Tuscan Grille and Ocean Liners. Is that accurate, or are there others?

A few questions - anyone know where I can find the Ocean Liners menu? I found menus for the other 2 on the website, but not Ocean Liners.

Am I reading the Tuscan Grille menu correctly that there are only two entree choices (filet or halibut)?

I know this is a subjective question, but which of these restaurants are "worth" the extra cost - taking into account both the quality of the specialty restaurant and the quality of what we could get for "free" in the main dining room otherwise.

Thanks so much!

Hi iujen94,

You haven't said what category of room your are looking at. If you book an Aqua balcony you are automatically assigned to the Blu Restaurant which is like a speciality dining room each night. If you are looking at a suite then there is Luminares (Think that's how it's spelt) where only suite residents can dine. Just remember that if you are booking any of these two categories you do not have to eat in them alone. You can always go to the MDR, the self service or a speciality restaurant.

My wife insists we book Aqua as she just loves Blu. We will be on the Constellation 2 weeks from today sailing out of Venice.:cool: