Allure of the Seas - Ports of Call changes

Sorry, don't mean to hijack, but please explain how you multi quote like this.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I hit quote, then I copy the entire quoted amount. Then delete lines so that I respond to one item, then paste the quote again, delete lines, reply to that line, lather, rinse, repeat.

just received this from travel agent for Aug 27th cruise:

Dear Travel Partner,

We have updated information about your client’s sailing.

Allure of the Seas currently has a speed restriction that will result in slight adjustments to their itinerary. For their convenience, the updates are noted below. We apologize for this change, but have no doubt that their vacation will be nothing short of amazing. We can't wait to welcome them onboard.

DAY

PORT

ARRIVAL

DEPARTURE

Sunday

Ft. Lauderdale, FL

4:30 p.m.

Monday

Nassau, Bahamas

7:00 a.m.

2:30 p.m.

New Time:

1:00 p.m.

Tuesday

At sea

Wednesday

Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas

10:00 a.m.

7:00 p.m.

New Time:

New Time:

1:00 p.m.

8:00 p.m.

Thursday

Basseterre, St. Kitts & Nevis

8:00 a.m.

5:00 p.m.

Friday

At sea

Saturday

At sea

Sunday

Ft. Lauderdale, FL

6:15 a.m.

Sincerely,

We are sailing on the Allure on the 27th also. When I received this notice they did not have this itinerary so I called and the itinerary they gave me was basically the same other than they were replacing St. Kitts with San Juan, Puerto Rico. I guess it will be a surprise!

2 questions:

I received the email earlier this week about the itinerary change to Allure's Dec. 24 sailing (kept Nassau same day, removed St Kitts, replaced it with San Juan, and switched which day in St Thomas). It wasn't until today that I got an email canceling my excursion in the canceled port. In the cruise planner if you click on San Juan it brings up St Thomas (which was moved to a different day) and St Thomas isn't shown.

My questions are -

Anyone know how long it takes for RC to fully update the port and shore excursion information in the cruise planner?

With itinerary changes that change which days of the cruise are in port and at sea, will they change the days and times of entertainment shows?

2 ... Anyone know how long it takes for RC to fully update the port and shore excursion information in the cruise planner? No set time, keep checking the Cruise Planner.

With itinerary changes that change which days of the cruise are in port and at sea, will they change the days and times of entertainment shows? Good possibility.

See RED above.

Just saw some info online where 40 couples scheduled on the Allure are banning together to pay NO gratuities on their cruises, giving a letter to the staff explaining that they were deceived by RCCL and this is the only way they can withhold money from the business that was less than honest with them. Seems silly to me, just gonna hurt the emplyees.

My favorite part of the rant is where he shoehorns "I usually tip 3-4 times higher..."

Yea, sure you do big guy.

Then he blames the cruise line saying they're taking away his ability to leave a tip. How?

I read on a Facebook post in a cruise site that now he's crying that they had excursions booked not through RCL and this is why he's so mad. That was left out of his original post.

Everyone feels entitled to something these days. You're going on what's probably a very expensive vacation that a good portion of people couldn't afford and you're crying because you have to go to one beautiful tropical island over another. My heart breaks for you....

I was going to start a new post and glad I saw this post. We are booked on Dec 10th Allure of the Sea to Eastern Caribbean which was recommended by my friend who did it last year. I was so shocked to see the change when I was just randomly checking their website for promotion. I called the customer rep in RC and they told me it is due to the speed restriction? (doesn't know what that means...) but the change is permanent. That sucks!!! I don't wanna check out Purto Rico since I can just take a flight there...I'd rather go to St. Thomas or St. Kitts or other smaller island... That annoys me is that I didn't get any email notification or anything from RC regarding this change. Are they just going to tell me when I get on board???

There is an issue with the propulsion system (broken propeller I heard). Gonna take some time to get another one so San Juan it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I don't quite understand is if there's something wrong with the ship, why could it sail to San Juan but St. Thomas? From the map, it's not even that far way....

Only till the end of Jan and only on the Eastern itineraries.

Sorry for the confusing. When I asked the customer rep if the change is temp (I was hoping that the change might get cancelled before the actual sailing date) and the guy confirmed it is permanent (means it's going to happen I guess...)

Just saw some info online where 40 couples scheduled on the Allure are banning together to pay NO gratuities on their cruises, giving a letter to the staff explaining that they were deceived by RCCL and this is the only way they can withhold money from the business that was less than honest with them. Seems silly to me, just gonna hurt the emplyees.

And they forgot to read the fine print & are most likely inexperienced cruisers. No itinerary is ever guaranteed and they do mention anything is subject to change.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

:According to RC - Allure is scheduled to enter dry dock on Jan. 21, 2018 to fix propulsion issue.

Was this already scheduled or did they have to cancel a cruise? I wonder what refreshing they might be doing at the same time?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Was this already scheduled or did they have to cancel a cruise? I wonder what refreshing they might be doing at the same time?

It may take a while to find it, but usually, as is the case with this thread, the answer is buried already in the thread. The Jan 21 sailing was cancelled and it's going into dry dock only to fix the propulsion issue. They may clean up a few things at the same time, but doubt anything else is planned - that will wait till her real dry dock in 2020.

I watched the Youtube video of their last emergency dry dock, they did a lot of work on board even though it was kind of unscheduled, if I recall they replaced a bunch of carpet and painted the pools, among other things.

Anyone sailing on the Nov. 26th date have anything more than the hours change yet? Seems odd for the ports not to change when sailings before and after have. I might start researching the other ports for backup plans just in case!

We're one of the lucky ones it seems, only losing a few hours in Nassau and St. Thomas.

Discussing it in our Roll Call if you'd like to join: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2370084

I was notified by RCCL earlier this week on Itineary change, but reading the threads it appears that we are going to be one of the last cruises prior to dry dock. We are sailing on Jan 07 and are worried that if RCCL is expecting a dry dock, we will have shortages of supplies, etc. Does anyone know how long they dry dock will take? My wife is extremely disappointed in that she was looking to upgrade some jewelry in ST Thomas ......change probably saved me lots of money.....lol

I was notified by RCCL earlier this week on Itineary change, but reading the threads it appears that we are going to be one of the last cruises prior to dry dock. We are sailing on Jan 07 and are worried that if RCCL is expecting a dry dock, we will have shortages of supplies, etc. Does anyone know how long they dry dock will take? My wife is extremely disappointed in that she was looking to upgrade some jewelry in ST Thomas ......change probably saved me lots of money.....lol

I believe no longer than a week.

I'm cruising the week after, which is the week before the dry dock. I'm not worried about it. It is what it is at this point.

They better not run out of hot dogs!! :)

For us the issue isn't what the cruise lines write into their own contracts. Surprise, it only protects them, not us! Its that they seem to be so disconnected from the reality that many people select a cruise for specific reasons and specific dates. The disregard for passengers is appalling. Now RCI is taking non-refundable deposits while I'm sure they are continuing to negotiate charters for those same dates. To me it's a testament to their ethics that they can change whatever and whenever, and in fact they are actively trying to change the situation by looking for charters while we can't change anything. Comes with the territory, we know that and make the best of it. Doesn't make it right or ethical, just legal. I doubt many would be so apologetic for an airline that "slightly" changed your flight itinerary and dropped you off in Boston instead of Chicago.