Michelin dinners no longer complimentary for non-penthouse on Crystal river cruises wef 7 Aug 1

swn4

I wouldn't worry, they still have this on the website:

Important Notice: Guests may reserve one complimentary Michelin Starred Restaurant experience per cruise only through the Priority Check-in & Planning Center.

Until they remove that and the other similar promises they have no basis to refuse anyone...

We booked a Bach river cruise for April/18 a few months ago. I checked with Crystal and they have confirmed that we will receive a complimentary Michelin dinner. That data point suggests that when you booked the cruise (before Aug 7/17) is the determining factor for eligibility for the complimentary dinner and not when you booked the dinner reservation. Which seems fair and makes sense to me.

Thanks for the report MightyQuinn.

I wouldn't worry, they still have this on the website:

[...]

Until they remove that and the other similar promises they have no basis to refuse anyone...

Other than the fine print that allows them [and every other cruise line] to remove anything they please...

Other than the fine print that allows them [and every other cruise line] to remove anything they please...

Ordinarily I'd agree, but right now what they have here is the quintessential definition of 'bait & switch'.

There is no 'force majeure' no 3rd party to blame they are not unable or unwilling to provide the event, they are just deciding to charge for something they did not previously charge for...

Ordinarily I'd agree, but right now what they have here is the quintessential definition of 'bait & switch'.

There is no 'force majeure' no 3rd party to blame they are not unable or unwilling to provide the event, they are just deciding to charge for something they did not previously charge for...

Read the small print, the cruise lines have enough CYA there that they can do pretty much anything they want and the cruiser has no recourse.

Read the small print, the cruise lines have enough CYA there that they can do pretty much anything they want and the cruiser has no recourse.

That depends very much on which country you are in when you make your reservation.

I don't give them much chance of dodging the free meal promise for bookings from the UK/EU.

Why they have not bothered to fix their message so long after the change is just pure incompetence though.

They have a rep on these forums so I'd certainly hope he is passing back these comments even if he is avoiding actually addressing any of the criticism...

They have a rep on these forums so I'd certainly hope he is passing back these comments even if he is avoiding actually addressing any of the criticism...

I suspect poor Andy gets ignored as much as the rest of us especially on website matters.

They shouldn't be ignoring this topic. There is such a wealth of opportunity for negative outcomes. The new website says one thing; the old website says another. Neither has been updated for the alleged change. I say alleged because it seems the only notice has been a press release with sloppy language.

It should not take so long to get an answer to this. It does not require a decision, just a clarification of a decision that has already been made. That aside I think it asking for trouble to still be advertising the offering on the websites some weeks after the program has been discontinued.