Who would like a coffee pot in the room?

FSHLOT

It wouldn't take up much space if it was stored in the closet and the guest that would like to use it, uses it.

I would love the single serve kind. My boyfriend and I drink different brews of coffee (he likes his SUPER strong; me light brewed).

On the subject of coffee - when you do order the room service carafe, what kind of creamer do they bring you, if any? I don't like milk in mine so this will determine if I bring my own coffeemate and sugar packets or not. I already have a setup for when we travel and rent AirBnB's. Thanks.

It wouldn't take up much space if it was stored in the closet and the guest that would like to use it, uses it.

I would love the single serve kind. My boyfriend and I drink different brews of coffee (he likes his SUPER strong; me light brewed).

On the subject of coffee - when you do order the room service carafe, what kind of creamer do they bring you, if any? I don't like milk in mine so this will determine if I bring my own coffeemate and sugar packets or not. I already have a setup for when we travel and rent AirBnB's. Thanks.

Room service creamer is a tiny pitcher of half and half. If you like fake creamer like coffeemate, you better bring your own to use in your cabin. The room service sugar container for coffee has about 3 packs each of white sugar, brown sugar, blue sweetener, and yellow sweetener (if memory serves me correctly-maybe a pink too). Room service coffee is hit or miss. Sometimes its fresh and sometimes it could stand up by itself. It's never premium.

Room service creamer is a tiny pitcher of half and half. If you like fake creamer like coffeemate, you better bring your own to use in your cabin. The room service sugar container for coffee has about 3 packs each of white sugar, brown sugar, blue sweetener, and yellow sweetener (if memory serves me correctly-maybe a pink too). Room service coffee is hit or miss. Sometimes its fresh and sometimes it could stand up by itself. It's never premium.

Ok, thanks. Wasn't sure if it was milk or powdered non-dairy. I can't do milk but half and half works. That means more room in my suitcase. 😉

We'd use it but DW would have to have milk in the fridge.

Yes there is room service, but sometimes we don't want to commit to a wake up time and on those days I usually do make a run to the Lido. But a coffee maker in the room would save me the trouble of getting presentable and others the pain of seeing me before I'm awake.

I do 225 nights a year I hotels, almost always use the coffee makers, never seen it not shut off and never gotten sick from using one.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I say no to an in-room coffee maker. I find the amount of table/counter space limited as it is. If I want coffee without leaving the room, there is room service. And I certainly am not above getting off my butt and walking to Lido or the coffee bar. But that's just me, and what do I know?

http://money.cnn.com/2015/03/04/news/k-cups-keurig-inventor-regrets/index.html

When the founder of a technology or company regrets what he did, we might all learn a lesson from his mistake.

The founder = sour grapes. He's just mad he sold out for 50,000, he regrets that he sold way to early so now he is whining about a non problem.

We had a coffee maker in our cabin when we cruised with NCL. Really liked being able to get up in the morning when we wanted and make coffee. I don't like having to plan my wake up around a room service delivery.

The founder = sour grapes. He's just mad he sold out for 50,000, he regrets that he sold way to early so now he is whining about a non problem.

Really? I guess you don't mind the additional pay for the men who have to haul all these extra trash cups to the landfills? Or the extra land purchase for more landfills/disposal sites?

9 Billion Keurig Cups went into the garbage: http://mashable.com/2015/03/07/k-cups-landfill/#C74hPtpQWsqV

http://action.storyofstuff.org/sign/amount-k-cups-have-been-thrown-landfills-could-wrap-around-planet-over-11-times

Hardly a non existant problem. There are now reusable units to lower the waste levels.

I just got back from being on the Elation and that was one of the things my friend and I discussed. I always bring my own flavored single creamers and sweeteners. I would love to have a small Keurig in the cabin and bring my own pods for a cup. But not complaining. We always got a carafe delivered several times and it was good and hot

Really? I guess you don't mind the additional pay for the men who have to haul all these extra trash cups to the landfills? Or the extra land purchase for more landfills/disposal sites?

9 Billion Keurig Cups went into the garbage: http://mashable.com/2015/03/07/k-cups-landfill/#C74hPtpQWsqV

http://action.storyofstuff.org/sign/amount-k-cups-have-been-thrown-landfills-could-wrap-around-planet-over-11-times

Hardly a non existant problem. There are now reusable units to lower the waste levels.

Still a non-issue in the grand scheme of things. We are a nation of 300+ million people and we create trash. 100's of billions of coffee cups were disposed along with everything else we use daily such as plastic bottles and soda cans. It happens.

Good place for roaches to live if the coffee maker hasn't been used in a while. Mmm...roach flavored coffee!!:o

When did you last see 'roaches' in a ship cabin??? There would be FAR worse implications of a roach infestation than that of roaches living in an unused coffee maker???? :confused:

Still a non-issue in the grand scheme of things. We are a nation of 300+ million people and we create trash. 100's of billions of coffee cups were disposed along with everything else we use daily such as plastic bottles and soda cans. It happens.

And there are ways to minimize the waste- we use re-fillable filters for our Keurig, using our own ground coffee. Making the k-cups biodegradable would also help quite a bit.

Think of the cost factor alone. I counted 25 ships in the fleet. Assuming 800 rooms per ship and a cost of $20 per coffee maker, you are looking at $400,000. Plus you then have to factor in extras for ones that break. The steward would have to ensure they are kept clean. The coffee supplies in each room. Cost wise there is no upside for them to do it. None. It won't attract new passengers. It takes up valuable counter and plug space in the cabins. I for one sure as heck don't want it. ( By the way, my calculations were pure guesswork and it could be higher or lower than that but I hope you get my point)

One upside may be this... If I'm going to order room service or schlep up to the lido, I'll probably order something off the included menu or grab something from the buffet while I'm up there. What could be a couple of K cups (or the cheaper things hotels use) turns in to a lot more.

I wonder if those of you who support the once a day room service "option" would be opposed to a check box to have an in room coffee maker as it might actually reduce room service and breakfast food waste.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Think of the cost factor alone. I counted 25 ships in the fleet. Assuming 800 rooms per ship and a cost of $20 per coffee maker, you are looking at $400,000. Plus you then have to factor in extras for ones that break. The steward would have to ensure they are kept clean. The coffee supplies in each room. Cost wise there is no upside for them to do it. None. It won't attract new passengers. It takes up valuable counter and plug space in the cabins. I for one sure as heck don't want it. ( By the way, my calculations were pure guesswork and it could be higher or lower than that but I hope you get my point)

$400k is a rounding error when it comes to adding something such as appliances fleet wide.

On British cruise ships there are kettles in all cabins to make tea and coffee, which is supplied with small pods of milk. I don't drink instant coffee, but take coffee bags or the one cup filters. It's nice to have a coffee with the biscuits they also leave.

Sent from my iPad using Forums