$10 Super Sale items on the Royal Promanade

kt2e

I only go if I discover my last $10 'cruise' watch has crapped out. I call it a 'cruise' watch because it stays in my bag and only comes out when going off the ship. Surprisingly, I've actually gotten a few years out of them.

I only go if I discover my last $10 'cruise' watch has crapped out. I call it a 'cruise' watch because it stays in my bag and only comes out when going off the ship. Surprisingly, I've actually gotten a few years out of them.

I do the same with my watch. Maybe that is why it has lasted 3 years. Still worth $10

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I usually don't buy at the 10.00 tables. I bought 3 sparkly shirts in the gift shop and they are seconds. Same size shirt can be different lengths. Designs can be off center or there may be sparkles missing, so be careful and open the shirts up so you can see which one is best. I had bought 3 and on 1 the design is so off center I wear it to knock around.

The $10 hand bags are ok.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hardly ever use evening bags, so I have gotten a few of those. I actually found a navy evening bag for my son's wedding, which I couldn't find anywhere else for less that $50.

BUT...and this a big BUT...I would never go to one of these on an Oasis-class ship - those mobs were scary!

A few times on the Anthem there is this one guy who stands on a chair in the middle of the tables modeling all the stuff for sail. If it's on a table he will wear it. The nylon poncho tops, hats, bags etc. he is the entertainment.

I looked all over my malls for a silver cluch bag, I refused to spend $40+ on something I only use once or twice a year. found one at a $10 sale table. Love my bag, but never saw anything else worth it, to me.

I hardly ever use evening bags, so I have gotten a few of those. I actually found a navy evening bag for my son's wedding, which I couldn't find anywhere else for less that $50.

You both sound like my kinda gals! :D I have also purchased a $10 evening clutch, love it. Good value, cute style.

I like to go and see what's there...but this will be our first cruise on Oasis, so I will have to decide if I want to get in the midst of the "mob"! ;p I enjoy buying a couple of watches each cruise. All of my $10 watches have stopped working (March 2016 watch has already quit working :rolleyes:) and I can't get batteries for them at our Wal-Mart. Maybe I should check with a jewelry store for batteries? Another thing we've started doing is buying the 2/$20 t-shirts, but for ports we have not been to yet but would like to visit. Kind of a wearable bucket list! :D Their t-shirts have held up very well for us.

I've been on relatively few cruises, but so far in my experience, it basically amounts to the same old stuff on the promenade or in the shops every time. The only thing I'm usually interested in buying on board for myself these days are the magnets that have the ship's specs (passengers, tonnage, length, etc.) on them.

I find that the clutch bags are great value, the cheapest I generally find here in Ireland are at the 30 euro mark. Just recently found a identical bag to one I bought off the $10 table for 25 euro in TJmaxx here in Ireland. So well pleased with mine as they only come out for holidays, Xmass parties and the odd wedding.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The tee shirts hold up. We usually get the 10 or 2 for 20 ones and they hold up after quite a few washes! The other $10 or as I call it Crap Sale, have not found anything worthwhile.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Agreed. We buy t-shirts when we cruise and they have the $10 sale. Always good quality and usually quite a few designs that appeal to me.

Are there any good deals at this $10 Super Sale. Cruise Compass says that everything is $10 at this special sale and I was wondering if it is worth going to. What has anyone bought?

Thanks!

Barely related, but if you get out of a show and need to head to the other end of the ship during this sale, take another deck!

I have to confess I love the $10 sales. I know it's cheap junk but sometimes that's exactly what I'm looking for. Like maybe a cheapie watch to take to the beach. Or I'll take the grandkids and let them pick out a present for their Mom. And I work from home and wear a lot of T shirts so I love to stock up on those too. As long as you know what you're getting, why not? And to be fair, I've been known to buy pricier watches and jewelry too so it's not like I only go for the cheap stuff.