Galveston weather concerns

HURRICANE HARVEY IMPACTS FLIGHTS AT THE HOUSTON AIRPORTS

Over the next few days, severe weather caused by Hurricane Harvey may impact flights at IAH and HOU. The Houston Airports advises passengers to stay in touch with their air carriers for the most accurate information regarding specific flight status.

UPDATED 8/26/2017 at Noon

Flights at the Houston airports are being affected by Hurricane Harvey. The reported affected flights are as follows:

IAH - 723 Cancellations, 75 Delays

HOU - 127 Cancellations, 42 Delays

In all honesty, and I mean, ALL honesty, Katrina was a bi-partisan screw up, and I know, because politics is my profession and I have been in the middle of campaigns, policy, and spin for a long, long time.

Your political opinions mean nothing and certainly do not belong here.

The weakest leadership at the state and local levels were Democrats, Kathleen Blanco, and Ray Nagin, Governor of LA and Mayor of Louisiana respectively.

In all honesty, and I mean, ALL honesty, Katrina was a bi-partisan screw up, and I know, because politics is my profession and I have been in the middle of campaigns, policy, and spin for a long, long time.

We have been told not to discuss politics but the "GOP" included our Governor, Rick Perry, who rescued, against the wishes of many in his own party, THOUSANDS of LA flood victims and many have since relocated here permanently.

The "Dems" also include Al Gore, the former Vice-President who flew into NOLA to rescue hospital patients-and you probably don't know that.

This is an American issue, to be solved by Americans, of all stripes, of all persuasions, of all backgrounds.

THIS is why we don't discuss politics here. Because it always seems to elevate party over people.

Sorry to have touched in that. Agree Katrina was everyone's issue.

Thanks to all of you who expressed concern and understanding. I did stay on the boards because I was also watching the weather radar and there was some good info posted here at times that helped. The lowing off steam helped a little with the stress as well. I have wound up cancelling flights and hotel for tonight - I will get a refund even though it was past cancellation deadline - thanks Hilton. Southwest customer service has been outstanding trying to get us to HOU. RCI has been terrible, which I know makes some heads spin but that is the way it is. I have no idea what tomorrow brings but I am done for today.

Bring in the Royal cheer-leading squad. You guys look cute in those skirts.;p I jest. Free speech for all, even if I disagree.

I am so sorry that you have had to deal with all of this for the last 72 hours. I wish that there was a simple answer from Royal. But, since that has not happened, just focus on your wife and the 35 years together.

DH and I had our 35th anniversary in June. On our 20th we were camping in Colorado when that lady started the fires and we had to "run" from the fires. Plus a few other memorable anniversary, that most would say "how awful, but we look at it as "we survived".

enjoy your day Monday wherever you and she are.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

How are you going to pickup your parked car from New Orleans?

I live in Baton Rouge. I'd rent a car for a week and return it to Galveston and pick mine up next weekend when things are normal.

Van Fleet just tweeted Emergency Management said the streets are open and 1-2" of rain are expected tonight. RCI's gamble on a "window" may have paid off. Seas are calm onboard.

I live in Baton Rouge. I'd rent a car for a week and return it to Galveston and pick mine up next weekend when things are normal.

Van Fleet just tweeted Emergency Management said the streets are open and 1-2" of rain are expected tonight. RCI's gamble on a "window" may have paid off. Seas are calm onboard.

Galveston's dry spell is about to end and it is going to be a bumpy night for them.

Southwest is showing seats in all classes available on the CLT-HOU flight at 6:00am tomorrow and it's non-stop.

American has one at 9:39am to IAH non-stop.

They have seats available until everyone that had a flight today tries to get one tomorrow. The airlines don't just have extra planes they can add to make up for all the people that didn't make it to their destination today. It could take days for the airlines to catch up

Sent from my iPad using Forums

HURRICANE HARVEY IMPACTS FLIGHTS AT THE HOUSTON AIRPORTS

Over the next few days, severe weather caused by Hurricane Harvey may impact flights at IAH and HOU. The Houston Airports advises passengers to stay in touch with their air carriers for the most accurate information regarding specific flight status.

UPDATED 8/26/2017 at Noon

Flights at the Houston airports are being affected by Hurricane Harvey. The reported affected flights are as follows:

IAH - 723 Cancellations, 75 Delays

HOU - 127 Cancellations, 42 Delays

Wow then you also know that 54 flight have landed at Hobby today the night is still young

Interesting because if you look at future radar it shows heavy rain starting around midnight and going all day tomorrow. This band runs up the coast thru Galveston and Houston. The east side of Houston will be impacted more but that's not saying the east side is getting off easy. Future rain showed 24" plus for east side and 18" plus for west side of Houston including Galveston. The storm is stationary and not moving. Hang in there and stay positive but if i had to make a prediction you are not getting off the boat tomorrow as there are so many things that have to line up to make this happen and I don't think they can all come together.

I was reading his tweet while watching a live shot from the street right outside the terminal that's under water.

The family that owns a few of the parking lots were showing photos to try and let people know that the water which is on the street is not getting to the cars. The Lighthouse parking lot seems to be the best choice given how much higher it is from the street.

I was reading his tweet while watching a live shot from the street right outside the terminal that's under water.

The family that owns a few of the parking lots were showing photos to try and let people know that the water which is on the street is not getting to the cars. The Lighthouse parking lot seems to be the best choice given how much higher it is from the street.

I drove by the terminal like an hour ago and that part of harborside was totally clear. We had to maneuver around some barricades a bit but most of the roads were clear (a handful of blocks had some standing water still, but they were the exception).

I was able to drive right up into the terminal complex.

Go look at an interactive weather map. The storm's stationary and Galveston actually looks pretty good.

Spleenman has provided very accurate info over the last couple days. He evidently has very good sources, tools and knowledge pertaining to weather. I wouldn't doubt him and what he says.

Spleenman has provided very accurate info over the last couple days. He evidently has very good sources, tools and knowledge pertaining to weather. I wouldn't doubt him and what he says.

Yeah, the "interactive map" thing gave me a chuckle. Those bands aren't just going to evaporate.

http://www.intellicast.com/Local/WxMap.aspx?location=USTX0499

He's been guoting the most negative third party information he can find. No one here has access to any "inside" information.

The only info that means anything to me is what's being posted by people in Galveston and Houston in real-time. Unless someone's in that group or trying to get off or on a ship they are all rubber neckers.

The head of the Houston/Galveston Coast Guard was on TV just a while ago saying the port is closed and may be for a couple of days. He did say he is aware of the cruise ships and is meeting with the cruise companies twice a day. The CG want to get the port open as soon as possible but have no way yet to determine when that will be.

The head of the Houston/Galveston Coast Guard was on TV just a while ago saying the port is closed and may be for a couple of days. He did say he is aware of the cruise ships and is meeting with the cruise companies twice a day. The CG want to get the port open as soon as possible but have no way yet to determine when that will be.

I saw the same report. I got the idea that it will be closed for several days. From what the weather channel is saying, the worst is yet to come. I've been through many hurricanes and the aftermath takes a long time to resolve, especially the rain/flooding and power outages. When we went through Hugo we had no power for 2 weeks. Ask the people in NJ who are still struggling with the aftermath of Sandy. Very sad for a lot of people.