Galveston weather concerns

Barry when you posted that, your count was 666:evilsmile:

I wonder what that means??

To some here that I'm Satan. To others a funny coincidence. Reaching different conclusions from the same references is kind of a theme in this thread.

RCI is prepared for the potential that some or all of us might have to spend tomorrow night in Galveston on the ship depending on our arrival time.

James Van Fleet just tweeted the LOS will be delayed 1 day in leaving to give time for debarkation later on Sunday. (But of course that would be only if the port opens).....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can see allowing a few extra hours for debarkation due to rain, but I would think the problem is embarkation! Not sure how people's flights are all affected.

A bit unusual that RCI's meteorologist is the front man for the company on this.

Tell me about it, I was looking for info on future cruise credit. The first place I go is RC website, not updated. I have to rely on a forum to lead me to a meteorologist for the company to find out info. I am sure most people have no idea who this guy is nor would they seek out a meteorologist for the update on there cruise.

All bickering aside, the situation right now in Houston is getting serious.

http://www.khou.com/news/live_stream/khou-live-video/94483732

The rainfall and tornados are breaking records.

Yes it is... it's not going to get better for hrs. This is not good.

Yeah...it's pretty scary right now. My husband is a meteorologist, and I take my cues from him. When he's uncomfortable with the weather I know I'm free to freak out![emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Itinerary Updates

s.gif

s.gif

#mktMainHeader h1 { color: #061556; font-size: 36px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 30px; text-transform: uppercase; width: 670px;}#mktMainHeader td { padding: 2px; padding-right: 15px; Itinerary Updates

August 26, 2017

Due to Tropical Storm Harvey and weather conditions around the Galveston/Houston area, as well as the port's current closure, Liberty of the Seas will arrive to the Port of Galveston tomorrow later than originally scheduled. Because of this, boarding for the next cruise will now take place on Monday, August 28 between noon and 3 p.m. We ask that guests not arrive to the port before noon

Updated on the RCI web site:

Due to Tropical Storm Harvey and weather conditions around the Galveston/Houston area, as well as the port's current closure, Liberty of the Seas will arrive to the Port of Galveston tomorrow later than originally scheduled. Because of this, boarding for the next cruise will now take place on Monday, August 28 between noon and 3 p.m. We ask that guests not arrive to the port before noon.

Yes the Strand is one street over from the cruise terminal and the flooded street you see is the only way to get to the cruise terminal. The port is closed so I don't get what the confusion is. There will be no ship docking tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I take it you have not read the entire thread. So I'll give you the Reader's Digest summary. A storm named Harvey is due to hit the Texas coast around Corpus Christi, which is about 170 miles from Galveston. Based on predictions of what the weather would be like, the port captain closed the port. The expectation was that the port would remain closed until Tuesday.

For the most part, everyone agrees on the above. Based on the above, Carnival allowed passengers to who were supposed to start a cruise in Galveston over the weekend to change or cancel their plans withOUT penalty. Carnival also sent two of its ships to New Orleans to stock up on supplies. Then the ships headed out toward Galveston to wait out the storm.

Royal Caribbean however believes that it will be able to dock on Sunday because it believes that there will be a break in the weather. Thus Royal Caribbean will NOT allow any changes without penalty. Some of the locals are claiming that the port captain has indicated that there may be a window in the weather where the port will be open and the cruise ships will be able to disembark their current passengers and embark the new passengers during this time.

Swords have been drawn and lines have been drawn in the sand. So, about twelve hours from now, some people will have "I told you so" rights and others will have egg on their face. The smart money is on those who have stocked up on popcorn and have taken a wait and see (sea?) approach.