Aft cabin on tThe Regal

brownie9

We have used an aft suite on the regal and will be in one starting next Tuesday for a Baltic cruise. The balcony's are much larger than the very small midships balconies. The walk is not bad, even fro the front of the ship and in fact is invigorating. Cabin size is good but not a big discriminator to us. Noise is fairly low comparted to the running and walking late at night midships.

Recommend Baja deck or Carib as a second choice. Too much activity above Aloha.

Some minimal soot but the steward cleans it every day and we hardly notice it.

Hope that helps.

We always book aft cabins and recently were in D629 on the Royal. Close to the laundry, Vista lounge, Crooners, Princess live, aft bars and not that far to the centre of the ship where most of the other attractions are. Whenever I was heading to the front of the ship to the Sanctuary or whatever it didn't worry us as we don't mind a walk.

We always book aft cabins and recently were in D629 on the Royal. Close to the laundry, Vista lounge, Crooners, Princess live, aft bars and not that far to the centre of the ship where most of the other attractions are. Whenever I was heading to the front of the ship to the Sanctuary or whatever it didn't worry us as we don't mind a walk.

We have 748 on Golden Princess over Christmas and New Year will tell you how we get on

Regards

John

Would you reserve an Aft Cabin on the Regal or on any Princess ship? If not, why?

Brownie9

Diane

The balconies on the side of the Regal (and the Royal) are, IMHO, too narrow. A normal person has to sit almost sideways. The aft will require a premium balcony but there is plenty of room. All the aft balconies are not covered. I think it is B and D that are covered. I have cruised in B739 and can say that the supposed soot problem is a non starter. On the ship for 3 weeks and never had a problem.

Cruised aft on the Diamond, Ruby, Caribbean, Crown, Emmerald and Golden, and never never experienced the "dreaded vent" problem. Once upon a time Princess didn't charge a big premium for aft cabins. If you can snag one jump quickly, they don't last long.

We were in D730 on the Regal two years ago in the Baltic. We really like it. It was quiet and the balcony was huge. Would definitely book it again.

I agree that the aft is quiet. That is why my husband and I book aft cabins. There is very little traffic around these cabins.