Can I use the iConcierge App on an old Iphone i am no longer using?

az-cruiser

Can I use the iConcierge App on an old Iphone i am no longer using? I was going to bring an old Iphone and see if my kids can you that to text me and keep in touch. I was going to lock up their active Iphones, because I know they will turn the data on as soon as they are out of my site! The app worked on my ipad, so I'm thinking it will work on an old phone. What do you think?

Should work.

you need to get it on wifi, download/update the app (verify with your Itunes account), then connect to ship's wifi, log inwith your myNCL account, go into the app, pay to activate, and configure which cabin passenger you are.

Should work.

you need to get it on wifi, download/update the app (verify with your Itunes account), then connect to ship's wifi, log inwith your myNCL account, go into the app, pay to activate, and configure which cabin passenger you are.

Thank you!!:D

Should work.

there is a fee to use the app?..i thought the app itself was free and the activation thing was just for calling/test messages

...The app worked on my ipad, so I'm thinking it will work on an old phone. What do you think?

And there is the answer. It is all wifi, so should work great.

Since I have not used it before, I can not say it will work 100% - because I do not know how it identities each device. If you Ipad also has cellular...maybe it uses the phone number attached to that? If your IPAD does not have cellular, then it must use something else... login I guess?

Can I use the iConcierge App on an old Iphone i am no longer using? I was going to bring an old Iphone and see if my kids can you that to text me and keep in touch. I was going to lock up their active Iphones, because I know they will turn the data on as soon as they are out of my site! The app worked on my ipad, so I'm thinking it will work on an old phone. What do you think?

Not a problem at all. You don't need the phone component, you will use wi-fi.

Older iPhone is fine, as long it is an iPhone 4 updated to iOS 7.x (shipped with iOS 4.x) or iPhone 5 (shipped with iOS 6 in 2012).

iConcierge App will work with iOS 7.x and higher - download & install the free App before embarkation, and updated other Apps on the device as needed - turn OFF background App & iCloud sync/update.

App-based calling & texting works over the WiFi portion of the "radio" receiver on iPads (those without nano sim card slot for 3G/4G cellular calling.)

iConcierge App can be registered and activated free, without ever needing to anything, unless you wish or choose to call and/or text others - an unique 8 digit "mobile" number is assigned automatically by the server.

The one question that had not been addressed is whether iConcierge will work on the old iPhone. If you have not downloaded the app, I would do that first. Then, depending on the iOS version of the phone, it may install without a problem. If your iPhone is too old, you may get a pop-up message to the affect.