Carnival questions- birthdays and bath products!

Awaken

Two questions:

One of my party has a birthday during the cruise- do I need to call the dining room ahead to have them sing happy birthday when they bring dessert, or do they already have birthday info from when we registered and it happens automatically? Is this impacted by having YTD where you may not have the same table and waitstaff daily?

Does carnival provide shampoo and conditioner in the showers? My Disney cruise did, but then my RC cruise did not and I didn't pack any. Strange considering most cheap hotels provide bath products!

Thank you!

We had them bring a cake unsolicited on our anniversary- the only thing we had done, and we had ytd, is note the special occasion on our reservation. But checking with MDR ahead would we wise just to make sure.

They provide 2 in 1 shampoo/conditioner and also body wash.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Order a birthday cake either before the cruise especially if it is early on in the cruise, or once on board at the Cherry on Top, they will deliver it the night of the birthday, and sing happy birthday. There is vanilla or chocolate, and the cakes are very good.:D

Some ships MDR staff is better than others (and assigned dining times are more often noted than anytime dining) and will acknowledge Birthdays if noted on booking as "special occasion"...but if you want it to be known, then order thru Fun Shops in advance, a Birthday cake (costs $10) and pick the date for celebrating....that's what we do to be sure!

All the ships we have been on CCL have shampoo and liquid soap in the shower and bar soap at the sink!

They are very attentive........if you don't order a cake, they will put a candle in your dessert (or bring a separate slice with a candle). On one ship they gave me a napkin bow to put on my head :D And they might say "happy birthday" every time they see you during the week, ya never know!

I'm an aging, balding old guy who thinks Carnival's body wash is ok, but their shampoo is lousy. I bring my own travel sized shampoo and conditioner.

You can get your dining staff to sing happy birthday, we often hear it several times the same night throughout the cruise. Let them know when at your first dinner and maybe a gentle reminder on the night of the BD.