Up the creek without a ticket

Bpos

We are due to fly out to Saigon on Sunday 3 September for a 12 days (hotel stay and eight day cruise up the creek (Mekong)) yet despite having to pay in full for the tickets over three months ago, still have no tickets, etc other than a receipt for payment from a large "reputable" travel agency.

The agent is blaming APT but that does not help me.

Yes, I have packed my pith helmet as it does seem to be an appropriate mode of dress for this cruise.

Has anyone experienced this problem of not having received any tickets or paperwork for a fully organised fly/cruise for a trip leaving in 8 days.

We are due to fly out to Saigon on Sunday 3 September for a 12 days (hotel stay and eight day cruise up the creek (Mekong)) yet despite having to pay in full for the tickets over three months ago, still have no tickets, etc other than a receipt for payment from a large "reputable" travel agency.

The agent is blaming APT but that does not help me.

Yes, I have packed my pith helmet as it does seem to be an appropriate mode of dress for this cruise.

Has anyone experienced this problem of not having received any tickets or paperwork for a fully organised fly/cruise for a trip leaving in 8 days.

I'd be on the agent's back every day.

My TA booked a cruise on the Radiance of the Seas through cruiseco once and we didn't receive the tickets until about 2 weeks before sailing date. This seemed to be cutting it pretty fine the TA indicated that was normal for the company concerned. In the end everything worked out ok we got the tickets plus a couple of perks and we had a great trip.

I'd just keep in touch with your TA,

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I always book our cruises direct with the cruise line and flights direct with the airline, to avoid incompetent or slack T/A'.s. I am the High Street Travel Agent's worst nightmare.:p

The OP's E tickets for Air and Sea should be available by now. I already have my E ticket for Cathay Pacific Flights next May/July with seat allocation I wanted. I hope the OP's travel agent has paid the supplier.

We usually book everything direct, but for my Antarctica trip I am working through a travel agent. I had emailed her with questions, then when the cruise company dropped the price, she emailed me and then has helped me with my numerous questions. My flight involves three separate flights and on the websites I could not combine all the elements I wanted. However the TA could mix and match the flights and get me precisely what I wanted and at a good price.:) Although she is in Sydney and I am in Brisbane, I will book through her in the future. She has been super helpful and I could not speak highly enough of her. Unfortunately we cannot mention names on this forum.

Getting pithed off now, but still they have five more working days to come good with our tickets!

I'll let you know how we get on next week - all payment made by credit card so taking some comfort from that.

Have you tried contacting the tour/cruise company/airline directly? I know they usually tell you to contact your TA, but they may help given the urgency. I once had to bypass the TA to get documents for a coach tour in Europe (different tour company though). I explained the situation to the person who answered my call and they sent tour documents directly to me by courier. As I had booked flights directly with the airline we already had the e-tickets. Good luck and enjoy your trip:)

Have you tried contacting the tour/cruise company/airline directly? I know they usually tell you to contact your TA, but they may help given the urgency. I once had to bypass the TA to get documents for a coach tour in Europe (different tour company though). I explained the situation to the person who answered my call and they sent tour documents directly to me by courier. As I had booked flights directly with the airline we already had the e-tickets. Good luck and enjoy your trip:)

Thanks for your advice - have been told the tickets etc are in "the mail" so will wait for the day out to see if they turn up.

Got the tickets today as well as an express post envelope delivered later with stuff not included in the normal post.

Apparently it took from last Wednesday until today (Tuesday) for Australia Post to deliver a letter some 20 kms from where it was posted - phew talk about a poor service.

Anyway all good and off we go on Sunday.

Got the tickets today as well as an express post envelope delivered later with stuff not included in the normal post.

Apparently it took from last Wednesday until today (Tuesday) for Australia Post to deliver a letter some 20 kms from where it was posted - phew talk about a poor service.

Anyway all good and off we go on Sunday.

Great news, enjoy the adventure.:halo: