Phoenix Rising Band on the Royal

hollydog

Has anyone heard Phoenix Rising lately? They are currently on the Royal. We've always heard them playing and danced to them in the Wheelhouse, but the Royal deck plan doesn't show a dance floor in the WH. Looking forward to seeing them again in November, just wondering where they usually play on this ship.

Has anyone heard Phoenix Rising lately? They are currently on the Royal. We've always heard them playing and danced to them in the Wheelhouse, but the Royal deck plan doesn't show a dance floor in the WH. Looking forward to seeing them again in November, just wondering where they usually play on this ship.

We've heard them before on Royal, and they generally play in Wheelhouse - and people make due with the space for dancing, and in the Atrium which is quite large and often used for dancing and such..

Enjoy.

There is actually a very small dance floor in the Wheelhouse on the Royal. I bet they will play there. The Wheelhouse venue on the Royal ships really isn't at all like it is on the Grand Class. Much better on the Grand Class ships. But, I love Phoenix Rising so I would definitely see them even on the Royal class. Just don't expect much room to dance.

This is great news for us. We are doing our first TA in October so we will look forward to hearing them once again. We have been on quite a few cruises when Phoenix Rising has played in the Wheelhouse. From what I've been told the Wheelhouse is carpeted but some do manage to dance. I understand that most of the dancing on the Royal takes place in the Piazza.

This is great news for us. We are doing our first TA in October so we will look forward to hearing them once again. We have been on quite a few cruises when Phoenix Rising has played in the Wheelhouse. From what I've been told the Wheelhouse is carpeted but some do manage to dance. I understand that most of the dancing on the Royal takes place in the Piazza.

There is a very, very tiny wood dance floor in the Wheelhouse. You are correct. Most dancing is done in the Atrium area.

On the TA too, what kind of music does this group play? Understand next to the Crown Grill, so wondering what music we will hear eating dinner.

With the CG door open, the sound is sometimes too loud that you need to go to the innermost section if the music is not your type.

Last week some people danced on the carpet right in front of where the band play, and a couple nights ago people were dancing on the hard flooring on the walkway just outside the bar. I'm not sure if this is the little dance floor that people have mentioned? I can't say I've noticed any other dance floor in there, unless it's the bit where the band actual sit.

Last week some people danced on the carpet right in front of where the band play, and a couple nights ago people were dancing on the hard flooring on the walkway just outside the bar. I'm not sure if this is the little dance floor that people have mentioned? I can't say I've noticed any other dance floor in there, unless it's the bit where the band actual sit.

You are right. When I think about it there was wood flooring extending just a little way out from where the band was. So, not really a dance floor.

You are right. When I think about it there was wood flooring extending just a little way out from where the band was. So, not really a dance floor.

Actually I think I was wrong, I went back last night to check and the area where the musicians play is just carpet at the same level as the rest of the floor, the 'dance floor' is just the marble part in the gangway. I guess the wooden part you're thinking of isn't there anymore.