Maybe they did us a favor - sort of

EBFURR

OP seems you enjoy water views as stated in one of your posts.

Try NCL Escape you can stroll hand in hand , stop have a cocktail outside and watch the ship sail along being on their waterfront deck.

Or just sit and relax on couches/chairs.

You can even dine outside at a couple of their specialty restaurants.

Who said I'm bothered? Lol.

I said he is welcome to react any way he likes. But considering the severity of the disaster, some customer service issues would be understandable. Even difficult ones. Personally, I would never have let it get that far. I would have taken a refund sooner and just planned something different. Just a different way of looking at things I guess, but I don't care if they offered a refund, or at which point they decided to offer it, and there was never any actual risk of losing the fare... it's not up to Royal.

Guess you didn't follow the saga. Royal was telling people get to Galveston or lose your money. Even Saturday night that was their stance. It wasn't until daytime Sunday that RCI finally offered refunds and even then all over social media RCI decided it was better to fight with people about it. Anyone would have gladly taken the refund Friday or Saturday but royals stance was nope, we will get into Galveston (port closed) and if you're not there too bad for you.

EBFURR, enjoy your cruise on the Ecstasy and sorry to hear of your RCI travails. The really good news is that Ecstasy has received her upgrades and now has Guy's Burger Joint, Blue Iguana, the Alchemy Bar, etc. "Back in the day" we were told that Fantasy-class ships were too small to get those...so cool to see them being upgraded ship by ship.

Be sure to check out the Serenity area. On Fantasy-class it's located aft and it is quiet and mostly free of wind, unlike those areas on other classes where Serenity is all the way forward. Great view of the ship's wake and handy to the Lido buffet, Swirls and Pizza Pirate, just one flight up. There are nice "wings" with outdoor seating overlooking the Serenity area, too.

EBFURR, hope you'll report back on the Esctasy. I'm a mostly-former-NCL cruiser locked into a sailing on the Oasis next month that I'm already regretting. Charleston is actually the closest port to me, but I've never sailed Carnival and have been wary of what I understand to be a very old ship. Would love to hear your experience.

A few years ago wasn't there some storm that was bearing down in PR? Carnival flew everyone with a passport to the next port of call. Royal only did that for the pax who booked their flights thru them.

Just a different corporate culture. Look at Carnival's first cruise where the opened up the bars.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

OP so glad you were able to make the best of a bad situation-I have been following this thread from the beginning and shocked at the way RCL was handling. Unfortunately although Galveston wasn't impacted too much over the weekend they were getting hammered yesterday-here's hoping the water recedes quickly.

Interested to hear what you think of the Ecstasy so hope will let us know how trip was.

Still in port. Crew is great. Like the ship. Old school which suits us. Not shiny and new but we like the layout. Serenity is afr where it should be. No big TV on pool deck. Big plus. Have TV at home.. Cheers

Still in port. Crew is great. Like the ship. Old school which suits us. Not shiny and new but we like the layout. Serenity is afr where it should be. No big TV on pool deck. Big plus. Have TV at home.. Cheers
Did they say how many guests have left the ship in NOLA ??

Hi Ziggy, no mention of New Orleans.

We are back. I am pretty sure we exceeded the healthy level for fun. We had a blast. We can post some more info later, but if any of you are going to be on Ecstasy that have not been, just be ready for a good time. The ship is older (we know that), but it is kept in good shape and they make good use of the ship's space and facilities. We cannot say enough good things about the Port of Charleston and the embark/debark process. If you cannot have a good time on this ship, you need to check to see if you have a pulse!

Hi Ziggy, no mention of New Orleans.

We are back. I am pretty sure we exceeded the healthy level for fun. We had a blast. We can post some more info later, but if any of you are going to be on Ecstasy that have not been, just be ready for a good time. The ship is older (we know that), but it is kept in good shape and they make good use of the ship's space and facilities. We cannot say enough good things about the Port of Charleston and the embark/debark process. If you cannot have a good time on this ship, you need to check to see if you have a pulse!

Welcome home!!! Glad you enjoyed your cruise!!! :D