Interesting Question

hulksmash

Currently, we are booked on the MSC Divina in a Yacht Club suite. My family of four has 2 kids that are 12 and 14. After looking at the kids activities we are considering a balcony cabin on the Escape. They are about the same price with MSC only about 400 dollars more. I am concerned about only one adult pool and crowds at the slides and ropes course. What are the impressions that you have about the Escape; especially if you have kids?

Escape has one family pool and one adult-only (during the day) pool that is open to the general public.

There is also the Spa pool (adult-only & extra cost for access) and the Haven pool (all ages).

Your kids are probably too old/big for the toddler wading pool and splash area (although some large kids use both).

Your kids would probably prefer Escape over Divina but you would probably prefer the Yacht Club to a NCL balcony.

My kids are much younger but they loved Escape. It's a great ship for all ages. There's plenty to do or "not do" if they want to relax. We're doing MSC for the first time next year on Seaside.

MSC Yacht Club is comparable to The Haven. So you're downgrading your experience in that regard.

Escape is a great ship for kids and teens - ropes course, water slides, kids clubs, etc. The pools are small, though, as are the pool decks themselves. It is difficult to get a lounger in view of the pool where your kids will be.

Personally I would stick with MSC instead of down grading. There will still be plenty for them to do on board and you'll get the Yacht Club experience for less money.

Currently, we are booked on the MSC Divina in a Yacht Club suite. My family of four has 2 kids that are 12 and 14. After looking at the kids activities we are considering a balcony cabin on the Escape. They are about the same price with MSC only about 400 dollars more. I am concerned about only one adult pool and crowds at the slides and ropes course. What are the impressions that you have about the Escape; especially if you have kids?

For the kids, the Escape would be better even though you are lowering your class of room. The teen program for the 14 year old and the youth program for the 12 year old are great. Initially, there will be lines on the slides and ropes course, but after a day, you will be able to walk on to the ropes course and have a very short wait for the slides (which are wonderful).

Are your kids studying a foreign language in school? Announcements on MSC cruises I've been on are in English, Spanish, Italian, German and French... great learning opportunity for the kids.

Done several cruises on MSC AND NCL. very different experiences though I'd give MSC the vote for food and service, NCL for shows and activities. WE go mostly b price and ports

Thanks for the replies. I know my son would like the Escape better and I'm a Parrothead, but an expansive private area is hard to beat. My daughter is in French and my son in German, so that would be an added benefit. I'm just worried about big crowds at the activities and only able to do them a couple of times.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

Stick with the Yacht Club and sail on the Seaside. It will have more bells and whistles for your kids versus what the Divina has, and at the same time you will not be downgrading your experience from the Yacht Club. As a matter of fact, you may be upgrading it from what I have researched over on the MSC boards comparing the Yacht Club on the Divina to what you'd experience on the Seaside. Here's a You tube video from a neutral source discussing the pros about the Seaside.

Go MSC YC. We were just on a couple weeks ago and our group included two 14 y/o boys. They had a great time.

I have somewhat of a review here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2532066

The Divinia YC has its own pool which is about 3 times the Haven pool on BA/GA.

No way would I downsize from YC to a balcony on Escape just for ropes course and some kids activities.

YC will totally spoil you.

On the Getaway(similar to Escape) we didn't like the small "public" pools (only 1 for kids and 1 for adults). The lines for water slides weren't bad but the ropes course always had a long line.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums