New place for us or visit an old?

mitsugirly

Been here so many times and I have tried to do something different each time. I feel like I'm sorta running out of options at this point (or at least one's that I can think of).

We have been to Chankanaab x2, Passion Island, Nachi Cocum, Playa Mia, Playa Palancar, and Mr Sanchos.

Every single time I cruise to Cozumel, I say I'm going to try Paradise but change it to something else. Should I give it a shot this time? Or should I try another place that may have snorkeling (since snorkeling is our passion). Do I try The Money Bar? Or Sky Reef or Buccanos, Playa Uvas, Playa Corona and what is now where Carlos & Charlies used to be (aren't they gone)?

Or any other suggestions. We love the beach and snorkeling is an added feature if it's there.

Let me know your thoughts, experiences, or even a place that people are dying to see a review of. :D

Hi Kim. We love your reviews! We did Paradise Beach in Nov and liked it. The kids loved the inflatables on the water though we watched them closely. The water wasn't great and clear how you like it. The beach is kind of a long strip with several beach clubs along it. The pool was also pretty big and fun. Lots of chairs with sun or shade, we choose shade.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Have you considered/researched going to Punta Sur?

Playa Palancar is IMO better than Punta Sur for what you guys like to do. But you do have the lighthouse to climb and you can watch the crocs from observation decks at the Eco park. Heard good and bad things about the beach club there.

If it were you and "skateboard spanky", I'd say do the bar hop and see the east side, but with the family, not really a thing to do. And 10 minutes in the downtown plaza and you'll be pulling your hair out.

Poll everyone and pick the most fav spot for redo.

Hi Kim. We love your reviews! We did Paradise Beach in Nov and liked it. The kids loved the inflatables on the water though we watched them closely. The water wasn't great and clear how you like it. The beach is kind of a long strip with several beach clubs along it. The pool was also pretty big and fun. Lots of chairs with sun or shade, we choose shade.

Thanks for the info. Do you remember how much to do the inflatables? I have considered this place every single time we have went to Cozumel (because it seems to be so popular with everyone on here so I'd like to experience it), however always pick another place for some reason.

Have you considered/researched going to Punta Sur?

Never heard of it but it definitely looks interesting. Where is it located? Do you just grab a cab to get there or is it an excursion? What's it like and how's the snorkeling?

Playa Palancar is IMO better than Punta Sur for what you guys like to do. But you do have the lighthouse to climb and you can watch the crocs from observation decks at the Eco park. Heard good and bad things about the beach club there.

If it were you and "skateboard spanky", I'd say do the bar hop and see the east side, but with the family, not really a thing to do. And 10 minutes in the downtown plaza and you'll be pulling your hair out.

Poll everyone and pick the most fav spot for redo.

But we already did Palancar, so time for something new. I'm not so sure about climbing a lighthouse. That would totally wear me out or with my luck, I'd fall down the steps. (Just fell in Aruba a few weeks ago and nursed my twisted knee for about 3 weeks).

I'm not sure what the you and skateboard spanky means? We're not into the bar scene, with or without our little one. Just not our thing. Wouldn't mind seeing the other side of Cozumel. I've heard it's very pretty (from people we know that have rented a jeep and went over there and said it is a "must do"). But, I really don't want to rent a jeep to find out.

I think you should go to Paradise. If you have considered it several times, then you should bite the bullet and go.

A lot of people use your reviews, I know I have and it was nice showing a picture to my wife to make a decision in ports we had never been. I know your presentation of LFK in Roatan sealed the deal for us going there back in June.

The decision is ultimately yours but that is my 2 cents, for what it's worth!

Kim, I can't believe you're actually on the Ports of Call section looking for advice (LOL) when everyone who is anyone on CC uses YOUR reviews to plan their trips. That being said, we decided to go to Paradise last October and we're really glad we did as all 4 of us decided it was the best day out of all our port stops. As KarimaJ posted above, it won't be the clearest water and possibly won't be suitable for the type of snorkeling you like as there wasn't any real reef to speak of. They do have a cool dock/boardwalk with a hut at the end that was a great place for jumping into the water and swimming around and there is a ladder to climb back up (word of caution- that deck gets HOT so wear your flip flops and leave them on the end of the dock). Lots of inflatables that Sakari might like ($18 IIRC), tons of chairs available in shade or sun and a huge pool with nearby bar! Taxi cost about $15 each way and entry fee of only $3 pp.

GO FOR IT!

We have combined MB with other beach clubs in order to give us some quality snorkel time plus good beach time - you might consider a couple of hours at Money Bar and then a quick cab to Paradise for the rest of the day - both places offer good facilities, food, drinks & service and I love the HUGE pool at PB.

Been here so many times and I have tried to do something different each time. I feel like I'm sorta running out of options at this point (or at least one's that I can think of).

We have been to Chankanaab x2, Passion Island, Nachi Cocum, Playa Mia, Playa Palancar, and Mr Sanchos.

Every single time I cruise to Cozumel, I say I'm going to try Paradise but change it to something else. Should I give it a shot this time? Or should I try another place that may have snorkeling (since snorkeling is our passion). Do I try The Money Bar? Or Sky Reef or Buccanos, Playa Uvas, Playa Corona and what is now where Carlos & Charlies used to be (aren't they gone)?

Or any other suggestions. We love the beach and snorkeling is an added feature if it's there.

Let me know your thoughts, experiences, or even a place that people are dying to see a review of. :D

Really love reading your reviews and posts! We are planning a visit to Cozumel for the first time, so I don't have any advice to offer you, but I have to ask, since you have been son many times (I hope that's okay)...out of all of the places you've visited in Cozumel, which one would you say you enjoyed the most? We will be traveling as a family with 2 kids, ages 8 and 11, who love to swim, the beach, and want to try snorkelling. Thanks for any advice you can offer!

I noticed that you have been to Playa Mia and Mr.Sancho (I think). Paradise should be similar to those as far as the beach area/chairs, etc.. My 11 year old LOVED the inflatables, I remember it being around $17. But all their prices are on the website. The food was good, we shared a plate it was so big. The pool was great and everything was very clean. We got swindled by a cab on the way there though, won't make that mistake again! He insisted it was way more. I know this because the trip back was so much cheaper.

Really love reading your reviews and posts! We are planning a visit to Cozumel for the first time, so I don't have any advice to offer you, but I have to ask, since you have been son many times (I hope that's okay)...out of all of the places you've visited in Cozumel, which one would you say you enjoyed the most? We will be traveling as a family with 2 kids, ages 8 and 11, who love to swim, the beach, and want to try snorkelling. Thanks for any advice you can offer!

Not much snorkeling from any sandy beach - the waves/sand cloud the water and there are no rocks/reefs for the little fish to thrive in. You might look into one of the places without a beach (like Money bar) where you can snorkel from the shore (you enter the water via steps) or a boat snorkel tour to introduce your kids to snorkeling.

Where else is your cruise stopping? :confused: Some of the other islands have better/easier snorkeling options.

But we already did Palancar, so time for something new. I'm not so sure about climbing a lighthouse. That would totally wear me out or with my luck, I'd fall down the steps. (Just fell in Aruba a few weeks ago and nursed my twisted knee for about 3 weeks).

I'm not sure what the you and skateboard spanky means? We're not into the bar scene, with or without our little one. Just not our thing. Wouldn't mind seeing the other side of Cozumel. I've heard it's very pretty (from people we know that have rented a jeep and went over there and said it is a "must do"). But, I really don't want to rent a jeep to find out.

My apologies, here. I thought your spouse owned a skateboard shop. "Spanky" is the nickname of a Pro-boarder I knew in So. Cal, Kevin Long.😕

Anyway,look up hiring a driver for the day via Tours Plaza. Have the driver take you through San Miguel, then across the island to the East side. Stop where ever you like the vista or want to watch a blowhole. Chen Rio has a small lagoon for swimming. Coconuts have a bird's eye view of the island. Bob Marley/Rasta's / Paradise Cafe has a great non-swim beach and fantastic seafood. Then head back up the West side and stop at Sky Reef or Money Bar for snorkeling(bring water shoes-rocky bottom).

Sent from my Acer Chromebook R11 (CB5-132T / C738T) using Forums mobile app

Do a Jeep tour! It costs like $90 pp but you are gone all day and is customized based on your wants. We snorkeled, climbed lighthouse, lunch on beach included, beach break, tequila tasting and the views along the coast are amazing! We loved this excursion so much, we've booked it the last 3x we've been Cozumel.

Sent from my Z981 using Forums mobile app

I think you should go to Paradise. If you have considered it several times, then you should bite the bullet and go.

A lot of people use your reviews, I know I have and it was nice showing a picture to my wife to make a decision in ports we had never been. I know your presentation of LFK in Roatan sealed the deal for us going there back in June.

The decision is ultimately yours but that is my 2 cents, for what it's worth!

I know, I thought that too (considered it so many times that I should just do it). I don't know what keeps holding me back. There's something though.

Kim, I can't believe you're actually on the Ports of Call section looking for advice (LOL) when everyone who is anyone on CC uses YOUR reviews to plan their trips. That being said, we decided to go to Paradise last October and we're really glad we did as all 4 of us decided it was the best day out of all our port stops. As KarimaJ posted above, it won't be the clearest water and possibly won't be suitable for the type of snorkeling you like as there wasn't any real reef to speak of. They do have a cool dock/boardwalk with a hut at the end that was a great place for jumping into the water and swimming around and there is a ladder to climb back up (word of caution- that deck gets HOT so wear your flip flops and leave them on the end of the dock). Lots of inflatables that Sakari might like ($18 IIRC), tons of chairs available in shade or sun and a huge pool with nearby bar! Taxi cost about $15 each way and entry fee of only $3 pp.

GO FOR IT!

Haha. Yep, I always use the ports of call boards to get ideas. Although I have been a lot of places and done a lot of things...there's always something new and that's what I'm looking for. You wouldn't believe how many times I get on the boards asking for a new place and hear of something totally different that I had never read about (perfect example is St Maarten and kayaking over to Pinel Island. I had never even heard of that. There's a lot of places that I haven't heard of or read about it on here. I love this board!).

I think this is going to be my "default" place. I will go here only if I can't find something else that really pops out at me. :p:D

We have combined MB with other beach clubs in order to give us some quality snorkel time plus good beach time - you might consider a couple of hours at Money Bar and then a quick cab to Paradise for the rest of the day - both places offer good facilities, food, drinks & service and I love the HUGE pool at PB.

That is definitely one place that I have always wanted to go (and also another place that I have considered each time too). The only problem is the "beach" or lack there of. Although this place is similar to Chankanaab (which we loved), at least Chankanaab does have more of a beach to it with lots of sand.

I never thought of going to one and then heading to the other. We are there from 9-6pm. I know that MB wants you to purchase food and drinks there. I believe that Paradise does too? I'm not sure how that would work. Hmmm I guess another factor would be how many ships are in port as well. I realize that Paradise is huge, but if there's a lot of ships in port (and especially mega ships), I'm not sure how I feel about showing up to Paradise so late and having all the good seats taken. :confused:

Thank you.

Well, when it comes to snorkeling, if you want decent snorkeling you are limited to places like Chankanaab or the Money Bar. Chankanaab is a park and there's an admission fee. But, there's A LOT to do there. You can look them up online and see everything they have to offer. You can also check out my 2 reviews in my signature line for tons of pictures and how we felt about it. I personally love the place and they have added a lot more to it since we were there (alligators and ziplining). However, just be aware...it's not your normal beach and you walk right into the water and snorkel. Instead, you have to walk down steps to get in the water and it's a quick decline. But if your kids are good swimmers and enjoy snorkeling, it's easily done. My daughter first went in there to see the "fishies" when she was 3 years old. :D She enjoyed it and that was the start of her mermaid and scuba diving "career". hehe

I noticed that you have been to Playa Mia and Mr.Sancho (I think). Paradise should be similar to those as far as the beach area/chairs, etc.. My 11 year old LOVED the inflatables, I remember it being around $17. But all their prices are on the website. The food was good, we shared a plate it was so big. The pool was great and everything was very clean. We got swindled by a cab on the way there though, won't make that mistake again! He insisted it was way more. I know this because the trip back was so much cheaper.

Yea, I figured it's pretty similar to PM and Mr S. Maybe that's why I haven't tried it yet. Although it does have a nice looking inviting pool. Not that we go to the ports or ocean to swim in a pool, but it's usually a nice way to end the day (with regular water) lol.

Do they still want you to eat and drink there? Or am I mistaken about that? I was thinking that I read, in the past, that they charged $3 to get in, but expected you to spend a certain amount of $$ while there?

Yea, I'm always aware of the cab prices prior to going. They should have had a sign telling how much it is to various places too.

My apologies, here. I thought your spouse owned a skateboard shop. "Spanky" is the nickname of a Pro-boarder I knew in So. Cal, Kevin Long.😕

Anyway,look up hiring a driver for the day via Tours Plaza. Have the driver take you through San Miguel, then across the island to the East side. Stop where ever you like the vista or want to watch a blowhole. Chen Rio has a small lagoon for swimming. Coconuts have a bird's eye view of the island. Bob Marley/Rasta's / Paradise Cafe has a great non-swim beach and fantastic seafood. Then head back up the West side and stop at Sky Reef or Money Bar for snorkeling(bring water shoes-rocky bottom).

Sent from my Acer Chromebook R11 (CB5-132T / C738T) using Forums mobile app

Oh yea, he owns a sporting goods store, which includes skateboards, bikes, scooters, skates and so on. He's a skater himself (aggressive inline) but I wasn't sure what spanky meant. I get it now. :')

Have you been to Sky Reef crew? Have you been to Money Bar? Can you compare?

What about Buccanos? That is another place that has always caught my eye and my neighbor recently told me they went there and had a blast. They also purchased some "beverages" to bring home with them and OH MY! They are so delicious! They said they make the drinks there and it's the only place that has it. I believe they are the place with the zip line, pool and snorkeling in the area?

Yea, I figured it's pretty similar to PM and Mr S. Maybe that's why I haven't tried it yet. Although it does have a nice looking inviting pool. Not that we go to the ports or ocean to swim in a pool, but it's usually a nice way to end the day (with regular water) lol.

Do they still want you to eat and drink there? Or am I mistaken about that? I was thinking that I read, in the past, that they charged $3 to get in, but expected you to spend a certain amount of $$ while there?

Yea, I'm always aware of the cab prices prior to going. They should have had a sign telling how much it is to various places too.

Oh yea, he owns a sporting goods store, which includes skateboards, bikes, scooters, skates and so on. He's a skater himself (aggressive inline) but I wasn't sure what spanky meant. I get it now. :')

What about Buccanos? That is another place that has always caught my eye and my neighbor recently told me they went there and had a blast. They also purchased some "beverages" to bring home with them and OH MY! They are so delicious! They said they make the drinks there and it's the only place that has it. I believe they are the place with the zip line, pool and snorkeling in the area?

I think you're supposed to spend only $10 a person. That's not much if you get a drink and some food.

JOHN-After doing a little research and looking on the boards...it seems like A LOT of people do MB and Paradise on the same day.

I think I'm going to do this! :D

Now to figure out in which order. What do you suggest? MB first for a few hours and get my snorkeling fix and then head to Paradise for the beach and ending with pool time? Or Paradise first and then head on the way back toward the cruise port to the MB for a few hours? I have only seen 1 person on here stating that they went to Paradise first and was glad they did because of the crowds at the time they left. So, they were able to get good seats arriving at Paradise early.

Thoughts?

That is definitely one place that I have always wanted to go (and also another place that I have considered each time too). The only problem is the "beach" or lack there of. Although this place is similar to Chankanaab (which we loved), at least Chankanaab does have more of a beach to it with lots of sand.

I never thought of going to one and then heading to the other. We are there from 9-6pm. I know that MB wants you to purchase food and drinks there. I believe that Paradise does too? I'm not sure how that would work. Hmmm I guess another factor would be how many ships are in port as well. I realize that Paradise is huge, but if there's a lot of ships in port (and especially mega ships), I'm not sure how I feel about showing up to Paradise so late and having all the good seats taken. :confused:

Thank you.

Well, when it comes to snorkeling, if you want decent snorkeling you are limited to places like Chankanaab or the Money Bar. Chankanaab is a park and there's an admission fee. But, there's A LOT to do there. You can look them up online and see everything they have to offer. You can also check out my 2 reviews in my signature line for tons of pictures and how we felt about it. I personally love the place and they have added a lot more to it since we were there (alligators and ziplining). However, just be aware...it's not your normal beach and you walk right into the water and snorkel. Instead, you have to walk down steps to get in the water and it's a quick decline. But if your kids are good swimmers and enjoy snorkeling, it's easily done. My daughter first went in there to see the "fishies" when she was 3 years old. :D She enjoyed it and that was the start of her mermaid and scuba diving "career". hehe

Thanks for your response, Kim. I will most definitely check that out! Enjoy your next cruise adventure!

Not much snorkeling from any sandy beach - the waves/sand cloud the water and there are no rocks/reefs for the little fish to thrive in. You might look into one of the places without a beach (like Money bar) where you can snorkel from the shore (you enter the water via steps) or a boat snorkel tour to introduce your kids to snorkeling.

Where else is your cruise stopping? :confused: Some of the other islands have better/easier snorkeling options.

Thanks for your response!

I can't compare Sky Reef to Money Bar as we went to neither last time in Coz. Re aiby day. I like Money Bar and Ciriba Beach. Sky Reef is newer but gets good reviews. Bucañnos is just North of downtown. About as far north as I've ever gone is the ferry pier. DW hates downtown so we seldom go that way, although I love the little restaurants. Others here have been to Bucañnos and give it 👍👍

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app