Have you been on meet and mingle event on Allure?

Have you been on meet and mingle event before? What kind of experiences did you have?

When (before/after departure) and where (pool/meeting room/ conference center) this event usually will be held?

Do you think that you got better service from cruise line after they knew that you are CC member?

https://www.cruisecritic.com/rollcall/cruiselinel2.cfm?cruiselineid=32

I've had two meet and Mingle events on Allure. The ship itself does a minimal effort for the event and it will be whatever your group makes of it. My first one was people just showing up for the prize drawing and leaving. The 2nd one if 2013 was an epic event and a great time because of our roll call. We made the event.

Agreed with Bill. I've done two M&Ms on Allure. The roll call is what really makes the event. All the staff did was provide a venue with snacks, and then the activities director (Hugo Arenas in 2015 and Katie Turner in 2016) went around the room with a mic so we could introduce ourselves with our name and CC name, and then they did the raffle, and that was it. It was up to the rest of us to actually mingle, and after the raffle we got to announce the date/time and meeting place of any activities any of us were hosting (cabin crawl, slot pull, etc).

Both times for me, the M&M was held on the first sea day of the cruise, at 9:45am, in the On-Air bar on the Royal Promenade. Both events were attended by around 60 people or so. Again, that will depend on how active your CC roll call is.

I don't think I've ever gotten better service because I'm a CC member, and I don't think any staff (other than those at the M&M and only if they remembered me being there) would even know I'm a CC member.

All of the M&M's we've attended have been held in a lounge, most often Viking Crown. Sometimes they are true opportunities to meet other CC members, other times they give away some gifts, talk about the cruise line and that's it.

We recently participated in the M&M event on Allure in April.

Held in the On Air Lounge. Small turnout, there was someone from the cruise staff, some refreshments out, a raffle and that was it.

I agree that the M&M is definitely influenced by the roll call group. If you have an active group, lots of talking, people planning a gift exchange or something after the M&M (cabin crawl, slot pull), you get more people and more involvement.

Other than this meeting, the staff don't know whether you are posting on CC or not.

Have you been on meet and mingle event before? What kind of experiences did you have?

When (before/after departure) and where (pool/meeting room/ conference center) this event usually will be held?

Do you think that you got better service from cruise line after they knew that you are CC member?

https://www.cruisecritic.com/rollcall/cruiselinel2.cfm?cruiselineid=32

One thing I have noticed lately is not all the invitations are going out. We were on the Allure and I know several couples who did not get their invites. We did tell people when and where, but with a 9:30/9:45 Meet and Mingle time, many were sleeping in.

Not sure if some people do not know how to register or think that just going on CC automatically registers them. I have been trying to figure it out. But there are times I know I have registered but did not get my invitation, but then I know how to find out when and where.

We recently participated in the M&M event on Allure in April.

Held in the On Air Lounge. Small turnout, there was someone from the cruise staff, some refreshments out, a raffle and that was it.

I agree that the M&M is definitely influenced by the roll call group. If you have an active group, lots of talking, people planning a gift exchange or something after the M&M (cabin crawl, slot pull), you get more people and more involvement.

Other than this meeting, the staff don't know whether you are posting on CC or not.

Our Allure meet and mingle was the same. It was held in On Air Lounge and there were around 30 people there. Rollcall wasn't very active, so I was surprised there were that many. Unfortunately, it was dominated by a person who turned out to be one of the three top cruisers who had only posted once to the rollcall and let all know "she didn't know how busy this one was because she had just too many to follow".:rolleyes: Her group then proceed to boo a couple who came in late, as the raffles were being drawn. They were first time cruisers who were very embarrassed and confused when they were booed for asking for raffle tickets. They didn't know that this raffle was being done differently than others, you had no choice and he was starting with the worst prizes and moving up to the better prizes. The newbies had already missed pens, key chains and highlighters. The cruise staff was ended up giving each of them a bag in a bag and told them that they couldn't be in the raffle. The loud mouth lady ended up with a bottle of champagne, just like she got last week.:rolleyes:

We ended up running into the newbie couple all week. They were a very nice couple who have proclaimed they will never attend another meet and mingle.:(

These M&M's sound terrible! If I tell my group we have to introduce ourselves, they won't come. Why so early in the morning? Yuk. Please, no gift exchange. Too many people go over the budget and make others look cheap.

On NCL, the staff always made it interesting.

Went to it on Allure last week,won the allure art book in the raffle, nice coffee table book. Meet and mingles are what you make them,if some folks on the roll call seem nice, introduce yourself,some cruises we meet some great folks that we hang out with and remain in contact with,some cruises we don't.

These M&M's sound terrible! If I tell my group we have to introduce ourselves, they won't come. Why so early in the morning? Yuk. Please, no gift exchange. Too many people go over the budget and make others look cheap.

On NCL, the staff always made it interesting.

Why would you go to a meet and mingle and not introduce yourself?

If they're too early, then don't go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was my thought also. What part of "Meet" and "Mingle" gave that poster the idea that you wouldn't be introducing yourself? I mean, the whole point is to MEET and MINGLE.

Exactly! Seems as if they don't want to meet or mingle, or participate in any activities, or get up early to go to the event. So then M&M's are clearly not for that group. They're not mandatory -- just don't go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meet and Mingles could be called "Hit or Miss" I have met some very interesting people-my wife never comes with me-thinks its awkward.

I am a early riser so thats not a issue

The gift exchanges were fun. I was impressed with the thought and planning people put into their gifts.