Hurricane Irma Watch

Not all the cruises. Not yet. Probably tomorrow. Again, any specific differences between the cruise lines today are just random variance.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

I would ask for a supervisor.
I was on a hold for over 2 hours get an answer today..could not book with fcc until letter is sent by mail/email. I was told to rebook but we're in final payment so all monies due tomorrow....letter could take a week.

RCCL has been remiss in sending instructions on rebooking..

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

How spoiled are you lot complaining about receiving refunds when potentially tens of thousands in Florida and the Caribbean are about to lose their homes. As long as it doesn't effect your on board credits, that's all that matters.

The world is full of suffering. At any time there are millions throughout the world losing homes, with no idea when they will next eat. But sitting in judgement of others is more important?

My point was the cruise lines couldn't really drop off passengers with no flights.............even if they could get into port. Appears like an extended cruise for those on board.
You seem to be just making stuff up.

It is as likely that the current voyages will be cut short.

Let's wait until the cruise lines, themselves, say what they're going to do. That's probably prudent.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

You seem to be just making stuff up.

It is as likely that the current voyages will be cut short.

Let's wait until the cruise lines, themselves, say what they're going to do. That's probably prudent.

I was just REPEATING the 6:30 NATIONAL NEWS...........NOTHING MADE UP!!!!!!!!:*

I was just REPEATING the 6:30 NATIONAL NEWS...........NOTHING MADE UP!!!!!!!!:*
What I said was made up was this: "My point was the cruise lines couldn't really drop off passengers with no flights............" The national news did not say that. It isn't true, and as I alluded to, the Carnival statement that appears to have accidently leaked seemed to indicate that they are cutting some current voyages short and will be disembarking those passengers before the storm hits.

What I said was made up was this: "My point was the cruise lines couldn't really drop off passengers with no flights............" The national news did not say that. It isn't true, and as I alluded to, the Carnival statement that appears to have accidently leaked seemed to indicate that they are cutting some current voyages short and will be disembarking those passengers before the storm hits.

My point was agreeing with the news as I heard it just minutes ago. Would you like me to provide you with a transcript?:cool:

Weather guy on CNN says French ambassador says all 4 ports on St Martin are destroyed.

Hopefully that is a generalization, pretty sure they haven't had time in last couple hrs to survey all the damage. Though I remember 20 yrs ago they did lose their only cruise ship pier and all ships and they all had to tender in for quite a while.

Hopefully that is a generalization, pretty sure they haven't had time in last couple hrs to survey all the damage. Though I remember 20 yrs ago they did lose their only cruise ship pier and all ships and they all had to tender in for quite a while.

The Dutch public news broadcaster's website has a lot of photos. They said they only have spotty satellite communications with the island right now, but they have military on the way. The plan is to drop supplies in via helicopter initially, until they can repair the airport. There is water inside the airport and a lot of the roof is missing. It seems that CNN misquoted (surprise), possibly due to an interpretation error. It appears that the French interior minister said that they have lost 4 of their main government buildings. Oh and some of the photos are over 6 hours old.

https://nos.nl/liveblog/2191650-twee-doden-op-franse-eilanden-orkaan-irma-raast-over-puerto-rico.html (it's in Dutch but you can see the photos)

It seems that CNN misquoted (surprise), possibly due to an interpretation error.
Truly! The media is milking this as hard as they can and so I'm not surprised to see some errors made in the interest of making the story more sensational.

The Dutch public news broadcaster's website has a lot of photos. They said they only have spotty satellite communications with the island right now, but they have military on the way. The plan is to drop supplies in via helicopter initially, until they can repair the airport. There is water inside the airport and a lot of the roof is missing. It seems that CNN misquoted (surprise), possibly due to an interpretation error. It appears that the French interior minister said that they have lost 4 of their main government buildings. Oh and some of the photos are over 6 hours old.

https://nos.nl/liveblog/2191650-twee-doden-op-franse-eilanden-orkaan-irma-raast-over-puerto-rico.html (it's in Dutch but you can see the photos)

Thank you very much.