Hurricane Irma Watch

Looking at that now (about 5 hours after you posted), you can see the rain has gotten a lot harder.

And there are still a lot of waves. But the wind has changed from north-south to west-east. Which, in theory, will not raise the surf any more- since it's being blown at 90deg from its "flow".

Hard to see what the wind speeds are.

Has anyone had any luck getting their FCC released? I was scheduled for the 9/9 Harmony. I'm not taking the chance on the Tuesday shortened cruise, but want to rebook on 9/30, but they haven't released the future cruise credit yet and will make me pay out of pocket if I try to rebook before they release the credits. I have a hold on 2 cabins jntil Friday morning hoping that they are released by then, but I am sure the home offices will have to close to evacuate. I just want to ensure I have these cabins secured. Frontier let me move my flights free of charge but they had to take place within 30 days of the original flights. I was hoping RCCL would at least extend the hold on the cabins until the FCC are released, but they aren't .

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Has anyone had any luck getting their FCC released? I was scheduled for the 9/9 Harmony. I'm not taking the chance on the Tuesday shortened cruise, but want to rebook on 9/30, but they haven't released the future cruise credit yet and will make me pay out of pocket if I try to rebook before they release the credits. I have a hold on 2 cabins jntil Friday morning hoping that they are released by then, but I am sure the home offices will have to close to evacuate. I just want to ensure I have these cabins secured. Frontier let me move my flights free of charge but they had to take place within 30 days of the original flights. I was hoping RCCL would at least extend the hold on the cabins until the FCC are released, but they aren't .

I would ask for a supervisor.

What an amazingly sad picture of one of my favorite places in the world.
oh yeah, I totally agree with you. Right now that island is the true definition of a total disaster area. Unimaginable and so unlikely event today, everyone in the northern leewards must be in shock.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Subscribing to this thread. We are scheduled on Majesty Friday Sep 15 so I am interested in what might be happening by then to PC and the Bahamas ports. It looks like the Bahamas are going to get hit hard as well.

I am concerned for all those involved in this monster hurricane in the islands and in the US. . I live in central Florida and have family and friends all over Florida and up the east coast so I am praying that Irma will go more and more easterly and become a "fish."

Thanks for all your information and updates.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I called, my TA called - we were advised between 2 and 4 weeks to get the FCC. For me to switch, the cabin would be 150% of the fare I had for this Allure cruise, so, well, it's a chunk of change I might scrape up but doubt it. I'm figuring it out tonight. Good Luck and I hope they help you!!

Not baseball. You have to exchange for another game and hope that the same price is aviable.

Not concerts, often cancelled outdoors with no refund.

Ticket master provides refunds for canceled events. There is no exception for weather.

First...please take my comments in the spirit meant...just giving straight information and opinion. I want to first pray for those on the islands just hit and for those in Florida. My family and I have you all in our thoughts and prayers.

Now, for those who will have their vacations interrupted....lord, I know how disappointing that can be. I hope that you all will be able to rearrange your schedule and get back on a cruise in the very near future. Safety first.

For those that are upset with RCCL because they wont give you a refund or whatever you want them to do.....first and please take this in a good spirited way, because that is how its meant....you planned a cruise during hurricane season. Stuff happens. They are willing to pay for another cruise and give you a 20% discount in the future. Some people may have gotten a full refund, but some people didn't. I know that cruise fare isn't easy to come by....but, hell....they are trying. Remember you booked during Hurricane season. I hope that it all works out. When your on the sea relaxing...all of this will be a distant memory.

What's the difference with someone who chooses to cruise during hurricane season and someone who chooses to live in a hurricane zone?

If you want to put the damage that has happened in St Martin in perspective check out below. Absolutely horrific.

Facebook SMN News

Twitter eze (@internetofzings)

Nothing here, no link to follow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carnival & Norwegian are fully refunding peoples money. They are also giving future credit and in some cases providing $300 for flight arrangements. RCL expects people to show up in FLL on Tuesday when flight cancellations and overbooked flights will be at its peak, not accounting for the condition of the airport, hotels, and local roads. Everyone should get a full refund with a 25% future credit.

One thing that made me happy though was seeing RCL stock loose 1 billion dollars in value.

I agree too. I start a new job in 2 weeks so I probably won't be able to request any vacation time for about a year. I live in FL and right now I don't even care about the cruise, I just want to go north and get out of the way. It bothers me that they have decided to hold onto my money for some undetermined amount of time until I can book another cruise. I would rather get refunded now so that I can evacuate without having to drain my savings.

What does Royal have to do with your ability to evacuate. Cruising has a weather risk.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Carnival ... [is] fully refunding peoples money.
Carnival has not yet made a definitive statement about Saturday's Florida embarkations. Actually, worse: They issued what seemed like a very poorly worded statement and then retracted it reverting to deferring the matter until tomorrow.

All the major mass market cruise lines are pretty much the same. Any specific differences are just random variation.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

What's the difference with someone who chooses to cruise during hurricane season and someone who chooses to live in a hurricane zone?

Half of our population lives in a hurricane zone including me and I'm in Delaware, The other half of the population lives in a tornado zone, an earthquake zone etc. Where do you suggest we all live?

Carnival has not yet made a definitive statement about Saturday's Florida embarkations. Actually, worse: They issued what seemed like a very poorly worded statement and then retracted it reverting to deferring the matter until tomorrow.

All the major mass market cruise lines are pretty much the same. Any specific differences are just random variation.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

All southern Fla flights have been cancelled this weekend.