Some changes to the Holland America Board's Future Cruise Listing

kazu

For the past month or so, there have been some problems with the Future Cruise Listing.

Firstly, Some people neglect to post enough details to properly identify their cruise and fail to return to answer questions. In some cases, I have been able to determine the correct cruise but this has become time consuming and making the job onerous.

In an effort to improve the situation, I have posted the instructions in the first post and followed it with the listing in the 2nd post. I don't plan to search in the future and am hoping that the 1st post will alleviate the situation.(yn)

I fear the first post is still too wordy, but hopefully clear. If anyone has any suggestions, I welcome all feed back.

Secondly - non HAL cruises will ONLY be listed for HAL regulars - people that sail HAL on a regular basis and/or regulars on the HAL board. That was always the arrangement, but it appears it needed some clarification. It will continue to be the arrangement unless it causes conflict on the FCL thread or the job becomes too onerous.

Thank you for your understanding :D

For the past month or so, there have been some problems with the Future Cruise Listing.

Firstly, Some people neglect to post enough details to properly identify their cruise and fail to return to answer questions. In some cases, I have been able to determine the correct cruise but this has become time consuming and making the job onerous.

In an effort to improve the situation, I have posted the instructions in the first post and followed it with the listing in the 2nd post. I don't plan to search in the future and am hoping that the 1st post will alleviate the situation.(yn)

I fear the first post is still too wordy, but hopefully clear. If anyone has any suggestions, I welcome all feed back.

Secondly - non HAL cruises will ONLY be listed for HAL regulars - people that sail HAL on a regular basis and/or regulars on the HAL board. That was always the arrangement, but it appears it needed some clarification. It will continue to be the arrangement unless it causes conflict on the FCL thread or the job becomes too onerous.

Thank you for your understanding :D

Please cancel the June 16, 2018 for Texanapat and daughter. Holland American cancelled the cruise. Many thanks

Please cancel the June 16, 2018 for Texanapat and daughter. Holland American cancelled the cruise. Many thanks

I will copy and paste this to the FCL so I don't forget.

sorry to hear that your first HAL cruise has been cancelled. Hope you find a replacement. (yn)

Thank you for the hard work you do on our behalf.

You have really taken on a big job and are doing an excellent job.

I can understand the various problems that you have encountered.

You are both very kind :) Thank you:D

I'm glad you understand ;)

I'm adding my voice to those thanking you - it is a big job and one that really doesn't receive the kudos deserved. I love seeing our names on a list of future cruisers, making the countdown even more exciting!

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Gerry

I'm adding my voice to those thanking you - it is a big job and one that really doesn't receive the kudos deserved. I love seeing our names on a list of future cruisers, making the countdown even more exciting!

Smooth Sailing! :) :)

Gerry

Jacqui, this is such a huge task you do for us every week (PLUS the Bon Voyages). Whatever you need to do to make it easier is fine.

THANK YOU!! :D THANK YOU!! :D

Oh my - a tad embarrassed. :o I wasn't looking for thanks but suggestions - but, as long as you are good with the "paw down" (aka foot down), I appreciate it.

I say "paw down" since my avatar is my precious Maverick that passed away in 2013. I haven't had the heart to change it but Marley (another winter dog) does the same thing with paws down;)

Jacqui, I covered keeping the list for only a few short weeks, but know quite well how many little steps there are to it. It is easy to miss something, and goof everything up, if you don't keep your wits about you.

Asking people who already know the information to provide it to you, rather than you taking additional steps to do it for them, shouldn't even have to enter the discussion.

You should not have to go even more out of your way when you are already providing such a nice service.

Jacqui, I covered keeping the list for only a few short weeks, but know quite well how many little steps there are to it. It is easy to miss something, and goof everything up, if you don't keep your wits about you.

Asking people who already know the information to provide it to you, rather than you taking additional steps to do it for them, shouldn't even have to enter the discussion.

You should not have to go even more out of your way when you are already providing such a nice service.

Plus 1

Roy

I also want to extend my thanks for the great work that you do in maintaining the list. Very nice of you to do it, and I for one fully support whatever you need to do in order to make the job easier. :)

Thank you. I would appreciate any input on the changes I have implemented.

Plus 1

Roy

Partners in crime know what I am talking about.

Thank you :)

I also want to extend my thanks for the great work that you do in maintaining the list. Very nice of you to do it, and I for one fully support whatever you need to do in order to make the job easier. :)

I want to add my thanks. For some reason I really enjoy seeing who has been added to the cruises I'm on, plus it helps to count down the days until departure!

Sent from my XT1650 using Forums mobile app

Thank you for the kind words.

And, again it was not the purpose of this post.

But, I like many of you, I enjoyed seeing who is cruising next and my name getting closer on the list.

when Carol (English in Spain) gave it up a few years ago, I didn't want to see it go, so I took it on. I've had help when I cruise - rafinmd (Roy) Gmapjama (Donna) who did it for years, RuthC (Ruth) and Krazy Kruizers (Yonnie).

So, it's just not me, it's a whole bunch of people who have helped throughout the years ;)

Totally agree.

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Forums mobile app

Thank you so much for keeping this going & all the work you do. Even tho we won't be cruising until Spring 2018, I like to see where & when others are going. Some itineraries are added to my ever growing bucket list.

I just came to the Holland America board a few days ago because I am considering my first HAL cruise. Seeing this list of future cruisers and the Bon Voyage threads is something that makes me want to cruise Holland America. I'm not even on the list, and I feel special just reading it and being able to virtually celebrate with people.

So thank you to all who help to keep this running. It is just awesome!

Do you think that the mods would let you link to a form on the site that shan't be named? Since you are collecting standard data and storing it in a format that is roughly like a table or spreadsheet, using form processing software would really simplify data collection for you. I have master licenses for all the software you'd need and can set it up for you. There wouldn't be any cost. Let me know if you need any more info.

I really enjoy reading the Bon Voyages and looking at the various itineraries where people are going. It is one of the things that make HAL (and the HAL forum) extra special. Let me add my thanks for doing this especially because you usually have at least one cruise spreadsheet going which is also a lot of work.

Totally agree.

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Forums mobile app

Thanks for understanding Lizzie.

Thank you for your dedication to keeping this list updated. 😀

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thank you so much for keeping this going & all the work you do. Even tho we won't be cruising until Spring 2018, I like to see where & when others are going. Some itineraries are added to my ever growing bucket list.

Thanks so much madera & kftw.

I just came to the Holland America board a few days ago because I am considering my first HAL cruise. Seeing this list of future cruisers and the Bon Voyage threads is something that makes me want to cruise Holland America. I'm not even on the list, and I feel special just reading it and being able to virtually celebrate with people.

So thank you to all who help to keep this running. It is just awesome!

This is a long standing tradition on the HAL board. Something many of us enjoy ;). Glad you are enjoying it too. :)

Thanks, jacqui, for all the work you do putting together the Future Cruise Log. I enjoy seeing who is going where...on which ship...and when!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really enjoy reading the Bon Voyages and looking at the various itineraries where people are going. It is one of the things that make HAL (and the HAL forum) extra special. Let me add my thanks for doing this especially because you usually have at least one cruise spreadsheet going which is also a lot of work.

Thank you Sheia & Kathi. I appreciate your kind words.