Embarkment early due to Irma?

Reenie75

Would the ship consider leaving earlier than 7pm? I've read it is required to be checked in at 4pm. Leaving Sept 9th Divina, with the unknown way of Irma. :rolleyes:

My god my nerves are so bad I know that Irma is far I'm concern once in warm waters it will speed up towards Florida.

Wow... I guess I worded it wrong. I thought mb to miss out on the rough ocean current the orginal route is threw Bahamas to Jamaica.

Sorry tried to delete this post. Thank you for your view.

Ignore them Irene. Some people are only happy when they are mean. Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone and hoping Irma doesn't do much damage for cruisers or the people on land. Chin up and hope for the best. :cool:

Ignore them Irene. Some people are only happy when they are mean. Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone and hoping Irma doesn't do much damage for cruisers or the people on land. Chin up and hope for the best. :cool:

What's mean about saying the ship will not leave early because OPs nerves are bad? I didn't make it up that their nerves are bad, it was self reported.

I think you had a very valid question Irene. If the ships do everything possible to avoid inclement weather that could include leaving early? I know planes do that if they can load up quickly and get an earlier runway - why not ships?

My nerves would be bad too.

For the record, I did not mean to sound rude. I was asking because I was not sure what you were getting at, I did not understand the question you were trying to ask. I have cruised through a hurricane myself and I know just how bad it is, so I wanted to see what you meant by it. I wasn't trying to make you feel bad or anything, I'm sorry if it came across that way :)

For the record, I did not mean to sound rude. I was asking because I was not sure what you were getting at, I did not understand the question you were trying to ask. I have cruised through a hurricane myself and I know just how bad it is, so I wanted to see what you meant by it. I wasn't trying to make you feel bad or anything, I'm sorry if it came across that way :)

It wasn't your post that came across as rude....

I second that!

OOT, your post wasn't OTT. It's not always easy to convey the meaning behind what we say here without nuance (or emojis :D) but it wasn't rude - and I wasn't referring to you in my previous post, either!

Hey tina and a few other posters on here scour the threads so they can say mean or sarcastic comments just ignore them because there are some very helpful people on here.

I for one would be worried too. if i had to be onboard by 4 and already booked airline tickets to arrive say at 2 yes i would be worried. If tat was the case i would call the airlines to see if i could get on an earlier flight all this hurricane stuff is nerve wrecking i am sure.

Thank you everyone. Coming from Canada I am not used to hurricanes. I will be flying into Fort Lauderdale on Friday @ 5pm. My plan was to go to the Miami port at 11am Saturday. Kinda scary travelling with 4 small children and my sister. Of course my sister has never cruised nor have her children. I know the captain and crew will make sure everything is safe and even change the ports. I'm fine with that. Hopefully the hurricane will go elsewhere to sea. Fingers crossed.

It has been known to happen! I don't remember all the details because it was so long ago but quite a few years ago either Royal or Carnival left San Juan early like at 1 pm. instead of their scheduled 8 pm or 10 pm departure due to a hurricane. This was the embarkation port for this cruise and only about half of the people made it to the cruise in time. When you leave from San Juan a lot of flights come in later thus why they leave at like 10pm. Ends up a lot of passengers got stranded in San Juan for the hurricane as the ship left early without them. SO for the record it can happen. Just ignore the rude people on here who have no manner. You were just asking a simple question and you are stressed as any of us would be!

Thank you everyone. Coming from Canada I am not used to hurricanes. I will be flying into Fort Lauderdale on Friday @ 5pm. My plan was to go to the Miami port at 11am Saturday. Kinda scary travelling with 4 small children and my sister. Of course my sister has never cruised nor have her children. I know the captain and crew will make sure everything is safe and even change the ports. I'm fine with that. Hopefully the hurricane will go elsewhere to sea. Fingers crossed.

Hope all goes well for you and yours, Irene, and that you'll have safe travels and happy sailings! :)

The Divina also has a late departure as there are many package tour groups flying in the day of the cruise from various parts of the world.

Our last Divina cruise in April 2016, we were delayed departing until after 9 PM because of a late inbound flight with a cruise group on board.

In any case, pay close attention to what is going on down here. You do not want to be anywhere near a cat 4 hurricane.

Here is the latest advisory from the US National Hurricane Center:

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/news/AL112017_key_messages.png?021

I second that!

OOT, your post wasn't OTT. It's not always easy to convey the meaning behind what we say here without nuance (or emojis :D) but it wasn't rude - and I wasn't referring to you in my previous post, either!

I know, but some posters said "them", referencing both my post and the rude one, so I just wanted to be clear :)

I know, but some posters said "them", referencing both my post and the rude one, so I just wanted to be clear :)

I, personally, spoke in the singular and referenced one particular post:

I would totally ignore the ignorant comment that was posted on here. That particular poster has form!

Unfortunately, the post (and poster) directly followed yours and caused yours to appear a little more sharp than it actually was when read together.

I've been in a similar situation with regard to the same poster and had to clarify my position as a result - just like you. A thread was practically hi-jacked to deal with it - which was unfair on the OP.

It seems to be a trait and I'm hoping that we won't see too much more of it. This MSC forum is generally a very friendly and helpful one so it's important to be vigilant and not let nastiness invade or creep into it. We don't want people being afraid to express their concerns (which was the subject of this thread) for fear of rude and obnoxious responses and it behoves us all to show that we're not prepared to tolerate it.

I, personally, spoke in the singular and referenced one particular post:

Unfortunately, the post (and poster) directly followed yours and caused yours to appear a little more sharp than it actually was when read together.

I've been in a similar situation with regard to the same poster and had to clarify my position as a result - just like you. A thread was practically hi-jacked to deal with it - which was unfair on the OP.

It seems to be a trait and I'm hoping that we won't see too much more of it. This MSC forum is generally a very friendly and helpful one so it's important to be vigilant and not let nastiness invade or creep into it. We don't want people being afraid to express their concerns (which was the subject of this thread) for fear of rude and obnoxious responses and it behoves us all to show that we're not prepared to tolerate it.

I'm with you there, we want our boards to be resonant with people on our ships: welcoming! :)

In any case, pay close attention to what is going on down here. You do not want to be anywhere near a cat 4 hurricane.

Here is the latest advisory from the US National Hurricane Center:

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/news/AL112017_key_messages.png?021

Hesitant to post as I don't want to make anyone anymore nervous but they've just upgraded Irma to a cat 4.