Tell me your favorite thing about your balcony...

scrotser

Having my own private space near the ocean. There are may be many areas that you can view the ocean but nothing is like your own private area.

It is most appreciated in the still of the morning when you first get up, still in PJs, opening the balcony door and hearing the silence of nothing but the ocean, taking it all in and appreciating those moments ... for me there is little that compares. Equally peaceful is in the late night hours and all you hear is the ocean, wish I was there now.

I try to talk myself into being able to do an inside to save money, I tell myself I would be okay doing inside cabin but I am only fooling myself. Moments on the balcony are priceless (kinda LOL).

Just having a "private" outdoor space...so you don't have to get dressed and "made up" to get outside! and, it gives you a bit of "extra" space...cabins are so small, for the most part....nice to have the extra room.

Not everyone enjoys a balcony...my mother is of the mindset that the entire ship is hers to use...and she has no need of a balcony! It's really a personal like/dislike.

Haven't sailed on a balcony on RC yet but what we found on X is that when you're in port or going through a strait, you can generally pick up mobile Internet in your cabin with a balcony if you have a local sim or are roaming. Inside cabin? Forget it.

Personally, I just like being to watch the hustle and bustle or arriving and departing from port. Might be able to catch a glimpse of the pilot boat too.

We are cruising in 5 days and we are finally in a balcony! What is your favorite thing to do on yours (keep it PG! ;p ) I'm envisioning sipping morning coffee out there, asking for a cheese plate to go from MDR and nibbling it with a nice drink in the evening... Watching us come into and leave ports... Reading a good book out there... What else?

All of those things PLUS your own private space to enjoy the ocean

My wife and I enjoyed having breakfast delivered and then enjoying it out on the balcony. Now I just go fill our travel mugs with coffee and bring them back to enjoy outside. It is also a nice getaway when you tire of the crowds. It's a nice quiet place to enjoy fresh air and read. Remember that with the slider open, and you open your door, it will slam shut due to air pressure. And it slams load. Enjoy the balcony.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

After cruising a number of times with inside and ocean view, we splurged for the balcony for the first time last month. Our kids were across the hall in inside cabins, and we thought everyone would love using the balcony. Honestly, we would go out there in the morning and watch the mooring crew do their thing, and we would step out there for a few minutes before going to bed just to take a look, and that was about it. The kids didn't come over much at all either. We decided that we'd probably skip the balcony next time and spend our money on other things. I know I'm in the minority, but it just isn't that special to us. Maybe it is because we are more social and big people watchers. I'd much rather read a book or watch us leaving ports from the upper decks than from my balcony.

I feel the same. I will spring for a balcony if the price is right, or in some circumstances. We wanted a balcony for Alaska to be sure we had the ability to see the views at all times, and we wanted a balcony for Hawaii because it was a 10 day cruise. But all things considered, on a Caribbean voyage I could care less if I have a balcony. I could/would book one if it meant that much to me, but it doesn't. So if the price diff is more than about $300, I don't bother with a balcony, I just don't feel the need to have one.

Another vote for ordering breakfast and enjoying a quiet morning in pajamas! And in the evenings, it is so nice and peaceful - there is something so relaxing about sitting in the dark, listening to the waves, and taking with my husband. Seems like we rarely have a chance to do that in the "real world" without kids, work, or phones interrupting us!

My favorite thing is when I get up before DH, I sit out there with coffee and a book and it's so peaceful. Second favorite is arriving and leaving ports. My favorite thing used to be sitting out there smoking my Benson & Hedges Ultra lights but now 1. no smoking on the balconies and 2. I quit over 10 years ago. :)

After cruising a number of times with inside and ocean view, we splurged for the balcony for the first time last month. Our kids were across the hall in inside cabins, and we thought everyone would love using the balcony. Honestly, we would go out there in the morning and watch the mooring crew do their thing, and we would step out there for a few minutes before going to bed just to take a look, and that was about it. The kids didn't come over much at all either. We decided that we'd probably skip the balcony next time and spend our money on other things. I know I'm in the minority, but it just isn't that special to us. Maybe it is because we are more social and big people watchers. I'd much rather read a book or watch us leaving ports from the upper decks than from my balcony.

I think it also depends on the itinerary. When we did Panama Canal, it was just too hot to be out there and we rarely used it. When we did a Transatlantic, we spent a lot of time on it. And when we did Alaska. We've also enjoyed ocean views and insides...never had a bad cruise but if it's affordable, we do prefer the balcony.

I don't use balcony much but like to book it as long as rates are reasonable.

Natural light and be able to step out and check weather, dry swimsuits, etc. It can make a neighboring room somewhat adjoining in some cases too.

Morbidly, and with unrealistic expectations, I like feeling slightly less trapped in an at sea emergency where something goes wrong on ship having a balcony.

Love stepping there first thing in the morning, or any time, really. Just so relaxing. I can sit out there for hours and watch the waves roll by.

One of the most memorable occasions for us, was having breakfast on our balcony, the morning we were anchored in Hoonah, Alaska. Absolutely beautiful backdrop.

Balconies have totally spoiled us. We don't even look at prices for insides or outsides anymore.

We usually book aft cabins, on the Radiance class ships you can't beat sitting on your balcony looking at the wake! I'm retired now but when I was working I took a video on my phone of the sound and the view of the wake. Whenever I was stressed I'd bring up that video and instant relaxation! 😍🍷

I love going out late at night and looking at the stars and the moon shimmering on the water. Absolutely beautiful!

We watched the most amazing moon last week while on Harmony. The clouds kept covering up different bits of the moon and we were always looking at new shapes. Not many stars out though.

On Oasis and Quantum class ships this will turn off your cabin's AC.

Yes it will. However our last 3 cruises were out of Bayonne in the winter so had a few cooler days heading down and back up, no need for AC!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

soooo, I travel with a snorer. thus, I travel with a blow up twin mattress and sleep soundly......outside.....

I actually really like seeing pulling into port from the comfort of my own space as well as watching folks return at the end of a port day.

All's well until I have a neighbor who's smoke blows directly into my space.... doesn't make me happy.