Obc or discount for early booking?

DMRick

Someone mentioned getting obc or a discount in addition to the grats paid, for booking early. I can't find it in a search. Can someone give me info for that? I think my TA is great with Princess bookings but she doesn't know what this is and I may be giving it the wrong name.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Someone mentioned getting obc or a discount in addition to the grats paid, for booking early. I can't find it in a search. Can someone give me info for that? I think my TA is great with Princess bookings but she doesn't know what this is and I may be giving it the wrong name.

You may be thinking of the "3 for Free" special on selected sailings that Princess has going on now.

Not sure this is to what you're referring, but there is a big box travel agent that my friends and I booked with in November 2016 for a February 2018 cruise. At the time, we received two free gratuities, $100 onboard credit for guests 1 and 2 (the cruise line was offering those credits), plus an additional onboard credit (over $300) from the travel agent.

In my experience, it has been hit or miss. Even with having sailed with Princess before, their early book savings depends on the particular cruise. Many are not discounted for early booking, but some are. Since we have tended to sail at peak times, our experience, different from many others, has been no early booking discount or discount on the fare even from established travel agents. That said, we have sometimes received some perks from Princess or a travel agent. The Princess perks are those offered through their current promotion. Travel agents will often provide some additional perks (in our case, moderate in value but still very nice). Your experience or others' experiences may vary, but that has been ours.

We book directly with Princess. I have never seen an obc for booking early. Princess does have sales most of the time on select cruising dates offering different perks for booking. Right now they have the "3 for free" sale but does occasionally include certain conditions most notably is no deposit refund. Nice part about Princess is that after you book a cruise and they offer the same cruise at less money or better perks, you can switch to the latest offer. Most of us watch the prices of our booked cruises for price changes usually on a regular basis.

On both the cruise we're leaving on in three days and one for next summer, we initially booked at a non-promotional rate (in the case of next summer, on the day it opened for sale). At that time, both priced on Princess.com as well as through our TA at $100 pp less than the rate shown on Princess.com if I didn't; log in. In both cases, that $100 pp discount has continued through all re-fares (including promotional ones). For instance, just re-fared next summer's cruise with 3 for free and the price on my TA confirmation is still $100 less than what I see on Princess.com (even if logged in - with the sale, both logged in and not logged in price the same but the confirmation is $100 pp less).

Note this is $100 pp reduction in the cruise fare, not an OBC. But of course we do have the expected FCC OBC and 3 for free OBC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nothing for early booking if a sale is included. There are introductory fares and the discount is usually between $50 and $200 depending on the cruise length. But doesn't apply to specials.

Thanks. I got my TA obc and my FCC and the 3 for 3 obcredit, but this gal also mention in addition her early booking credit. This is the first time we booked early so it has never come up before. I wonder if it was a code on one of the mailings we got or if you had to book direct..

I found this:

Princess Cruises Captain’s Circle Launch Savings

Savings

Members who book early can enjoy exclusive Princess Cruises Captain’s Circle Launch Savings of up to $100 per person off their cruise fare (for the first two passengers in the stateroom).

• Program is open to Circle Members at all membership levels!

• Savings amount varies by ship’s itinerary, stateroom category and cruise

length

• Savings can be combined with Launch Fares, group rates, regional promotions and past passenger discounts

Plus, once booked, if a lower fare for which a Member qualifies and requests becomes available, the discount will automatically combine with the lower fare!

I found this:

Savings

Members who book early can enjoy exclusive Princess Cruises Captain’s Circle Launch Savings of up to $100 per person off their cruise fare (for the first two passengers in the stateroom).

length

• Savings can be combined with Launch Fares, group rates, regional promotions and past passenger discounts

Plus, once booked, if a lower fare for which a Member qualifies and requests becomes available, the discount will automatically combine with the lower fare!

I've booked several times with the Launch Savings, and it worked exactly as described. When I rebooked under Sip & Sail, I kept the Launch Savings discount on top of the Sip & Sail promotion.

I found this:

Savings

length

I think that pretty well describes what I've experienced as I described above. Not clear what's considered early but as a guess, I'd say it's early until the first national promotion (e.g. Sip 'n' Sail, 3 for free) that applies to the cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Go to the Princess web site.

Do not sign in

Select any 2019 cruise 7 days or longer

Select a cabin and write down the fare shown

Now sign in

Select the same cabin the fare should be lower probably by $100

This is the early booking discount.

Ah, thank you. I thought that was just the member discount because I get $100 off when I sign in for a cruise two months out. I thought the early booking was something different.

Princess promos are like air flights - they change every day. in November 2016 I stumbled across a promo for March 2018 ten day cruises on the Royal. Gratuities paid and $310 OBC pp not including the shareholders OBC.

Oh we also will get $75 for over 41 cruises - most of it, however, non-refundable