Future Cruise Credit (FCC) or Future Cruise Deposit (FCD)

WVBill

FCC definition 1: Future Cruise Credit. A credit that Princess has given you for one reason or another that can be used on a future cruise, but not as a down payment for that cruise.

FCC definition 2: Future Cruise Certificate. What you get when, while on a cruise, you put $100 down as a deposit for a future cruise. The Future Cruise Certificate is the letter you get confirming the purchase and listing the deposit (FCD) on it.

• 5 months later...
What you buy on board for $100, or multiples thereof, is definitely a FCD. I try to use the correct terminology where applicable on here as there are always newbies.

Thanks, because I am a newbie to this board and now, totally confused by all of this!

Thanks, because I am a newbie to this board and now, totally confused by all of this!
It doesn't really matter what they're called. Even Princess seems to be wishy washy about it. When I sign in, I see three "Future Cruise Credits" on my account. When I purchased them, they were referred to as "Future Cruise Deposits" in my confirmation email.

The only thing you need to know is that you can pay $100 while on a cruise and then use that for your deposit for your next cruise. By doing so, Princess will give you some on-board credit based on the type of cabin you book and the number of days of your cruise. We're getting $150 in OBC for using our FCDs to book our upcoming cruise. We'll be 15 nights in an inside cabin. One good thing about using FCDs is that each passenger can get the OBC by using one per person.

If you don't use the FCD within the time limit, Princess will send you a refund check.

My Princess account appears like this....

Future Cruise Credits

Future Cruise Deposit ($100)

********************************************************************************

It would seem that an FCD is but one type of FCC that is available from Princess.

After our first cruise (Panama Canal) we enjoyed it so much we booked another cruise two weeks after we got home, for the following year. Princess gave us a significant amount of OBC and reduced deposit. Someone told me if you book with Princess within 30 days of completion of a cruise you get the same benefits as you would with FCD? Not sure if that was what happened or if we just lucked out on some promo they had going. Anybody heard this?