Feeling a bit screwed over by RC, Irma safety/risk issue and no-refund, greed?

lowsidr

I'm sorry, but I will need a minimum of 5 references, who are not related to you, to even begin to consider the veracity of your statement on empathizing with my situation. Then a thorough medical and psychological examination to reveal and verify that you are actually capable of empathy.

Download that into your "positronic" net, android.

Snort....:')

JC

Didn't someone say you have to book within the next 60 days for a cruise within the next year to use the FCC offered? I would agree if they gave you a couple years to use the FCC, that would be a reasonable accomodation.

You have 1 year to use it. I have also heard that it can be applied to existing bookings as long as they sail within a year. Didn't see any 60 day restrictions, I believe that there was a 30 day restriction for Harvey

Sent from my STH100-1 using Forums mobile app

Asked for what???

Someone said that Southwest was not on Kayak. Since all that Southwest flies are 737s, I said the reason a 737 is on on Kayak is because no Kayak that currently exists can float a 737.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

There is no kayak that will float a 737, because no one has asked for one. If someone wanted one, there would be one.

And in case you don't know, Kayak is a booking site for airfares, hotels, etc. Like PriceLine, Travelocity, and all the others.

SW refuses to be listed on ANY of those sites, IMO, because it would show how seldom they are the cheapest option. And the SW sheeple might start flying for less on other carriers.

BTW< from a business perspective, FCC is carried on the books as a liability. Just like an unpaid bill,

So they do not want these on the books for an extended period of time.

However, I would think that once a cruise is booked, and the FCC applied, it would no longer be a liability. So I could see having to book within one year, but not having to actually sail within one year. But I am not an accountant, and I did not stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night. :)

And every accountant will have a different answer anyway. :)

If you follow the thread back, the person threatening a lawsuit did buy cruise insurance, it just doesn't apply because the cruise is sailing, theoretically, on a shortened itinerary, and Royal has offered compensation in the form of a cruise credit.

My comments concerning insurance were general and not directed to anyone in particular. I was basically responding to the nasty remarks concerning insides, chair hogs, etc.

Edited by mek

Didn't someone say you have to book within the next 60 days for a cruise within the next year to use the FCC offered? I would agree if they gave you a couple years to use the FCC, that would be a reasonable accomodation.

Yes, someone did say that, but that does not mean they are correct.

Edited by Cuizer2

Which is why I think the shortened cruises probably will not happen. If a lot of people can't get flights and rooms while they wait for those flights, the ships will stay pier side until the next scheduled departure. Those on the ship will have the option to stay onboard for a couple of days until they fly out. Those already in town for the next cruise will be allowed to embark, maybe in a different cabin, at little or no net cost to them.

But that's still an if at this point. No way cruise lines can know how fast the airports will open or how quickly the airlines will be able to get planes back in the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I doubt that the ships will stay pier side for several days. Other ships might need the space.

You have to use the FCC within one year. You don't have to actually take the cruise within one year.

Must be different terms than we had for our FCC a few years ago. We had to complete the cruise within one year of the date of the FCC.

You have to use the FCC within one year. You don't have to actually take the cruise within one year.

So theoretically, if you wait a 364 days, then book a cruise for 18 months out the FCC is good for 2-1/2 years? I assume the FCC could be used as the deposit?, which theoretically you could then cancel 100 days out and book another cruise with it another 18 months out?

I have no idea of any of this, but would seem to be a realistic option.????

JC

There is no kayak that will float a 737, because no one has asked for one. If someone wanted one, there would be one.

And in case you don't know, Kayak is a booking site for airfares, hotels, etc. Like PriceLine, Travelocity, and all the others.

SW refuses to be listed on ANY of those sites, IMO, because it would show how seldom they are the cheapest option. And the SW sheeple might start flying for less on other carriers.

As I said, no kayak has been built that will float a 737.

Mine specifically states:

• Cruise must be taken by 09/08/2018.

Must be different terms than we had for our FCC a few years ago. We had to complete the cruise within one year of the date of the FCC.

Well, then the terms are different for FCCs that are purchased and FCCs that are "given". This could be a very difficult restriction for some people. However, I am reading that the cruise was cancelled and Royal is giving refunds, not FCCs. So this is all moot.

I would also like to ask that those that call in to RCI give the agents a little bit of leadway. I'm sure their jobs are very stressful with lots of rightfully frustrated passengers, a lot of which are probably taking their frustrations out on the agents. Everyone just needs to remember that Mother Nature is no ones fault and I'm sure the majority of the agents (there will always be bad ones out there) are trying to help within the limits the COMPANY has dictated they operate within.

I would also like to ask that those that call in to RCI give the agents a little bit of leadway.

THIS. Example - I was supposed to fly to Port Aransas 4 days after Harvey. Needless to say, that wasn't going to happen. AA was not waiving change fees online. I called and a rep called me back almost 2 hours later. When I told her I was canceling and that I knew she was just an employee and didn't set policy but that I would be contacting customer service, she thanked me. I told her I wouldn't "torture her" and she even chuckled. I wished her a good day and to hang in there. Let's all be gentle to these poor people.

And oh yeah - I ripped AA a new one via email and they waived my change fee. :D

DO SOMETHING NICE FOR OTHERS AND IT MIGHT HELP YOU FEEL BETTER.

On the Royal Caribbean Homepage there is an icon to click that will lead you to a page to contribute to Hurricane Irma relief.

They are matching donations up to $1million.

(I'm sure some of the negative Nellies are eager to type a rebuttal to this post.):cool:

I've seen a glimpse of this these past 2 days, but it never stays onscreen; immediately gets replaced with the normal screen for possibly reserving cruises, etc. It's symptomatic of normal web site problems; reliance on cookies that are bad, or other such things that provide, overall, a terrible and useless web experience the majority of the time. I really wish something would decimate their entire IT department so they would rebuild from scratch. Unfortunately I suspect they have a backup they'd pull from. But even then it might be better -- new hires looking at bad code might recognize what to fix more than the current staff which is mostly oblivious to the mess that exists online.

NEW: Enchantment of the Seas: September 11 Bahamas cruise

We are canceling the Enchantment of the Seas cruise due to the continued closure of the port, and the uncertainty as to when normal operations will resume. We are very sorry for this impact to your vacation.

Did they really, just today, 9/12/2017 announce the cruise leaving YESTERDAY has been canceled?

I would also like to ask that those that call in to RCI give the agents a little bit of leadway. I'm sure their jobs are very stressful with lots of rightfully frustrated passengers, a lot of which are probably taking their frustrations out on the agents. Everyone just needs to remember that Mother Nature is no ones fault and I'm sure the majority of the agents (there will always be bad ones out there) are trying to help within the limits the COMPANY has dictated they operate within.

I agree with Steelers0854. The RCI agents are trying to make the best out of a bad "act of God" situation. Neither the agents or RCI management could control the destruction caused by Harvey and Irma.

I've seen a glimpse of this these past 2 days, but it never stays onscreen; immediately gets replaced with the normal screen for possibly reserving cruises, etc. It's symptomatic of normal web site problems; reliance on cookies that are bad, or other such things that provide, overall, a terrible and useless web experience the majority of the time. I really wish something would decimate their entire IT department so they would rebuild from scratch. Unfortunately I suspect they have a backup they'd pull from. But even then it might be better -- new hires looking at bad code might recognize what to fix more than the current staff which is mostly oblivious to the mess that exists online.

Here's the link to their donation page:

https://mycause.worldvision.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donate.event&eventID=1177

I know my FCC for the 9/10 Allure stated nothing about a booking deadline; however, it DID state that the replacement cruise HAD to start by September 8th of 2018 (within one year).

Again, as with all cruise lines, YMMV.

How long did it take to get your FCC once you cancelled? I live in the panhandle of Florida and we were to sail on Harmony on Sept. 9th, but when they changed to 4 nights, sailing on the 12th, we thought we would still drive to Port Everglades and get on it, however last night we couldn't get very far on the highways because of road closures, so we are back home and I called this morning and cancelled for FCC, that said it would be approximately 14 days or more for us to receive it and the other prepaid things would be credited to our credit card. The gentleman that helped us was very nice. He did say that we had 1 year to rebook.

How long did it take to get your FCC once you cancelled? I live in the panhandle of Florida and we were to sail on Harmony on Sept. 9th, but when they changed to 4 nights, sailing on the 12th, we thought we would still drive to Port Everglades and get on it, however last night we couldn't get very far on the highways because of road closures, so we are back home and I called this morning and cancelled for FCC, that said it would be approximately 14 days or more for us to receive it and the other prepaid things would be credited to our credit card. The gentleman that helped us was very nice. He did say that we had 1 year to rebook.

Mine was e-mailed on the 8th - the day I rebooked Allure for October 29th. (was Allure 10th).

Originally I had been told 2 - 4 weeks (but, maybe it was expedited so I could rebook since a cabin was being held for me at that point).

Mine was e-mailed on the 8th - the day I rebooked Allure for October 29th. (was Allure 10th).

Originally I had been told 2 - 4 weeks (but, maybe it was expedited so I could rebook since a cabin was being held for me at that point).

Thank you for the information. We had to cancel late, so we didn't have time to research another cruise. It is 550 miles from where we live in Florida to Ft. Lauderdale. We live on the Gulf of Mexico side in the Panhandle. We tried to get down there but didn't happen, even willing to drive all night. We have been on the Allure and loved it.

F

THIS. Example - I was supposed to fly to Port Aransas 4 days after Harvey. Needless to say, that wasn't going to happen. AA was not waiving change fees online. I called and a rep called me back almost 2 hours later. When I told her I was canceling and that I knew she was just an employee and didn't set policy but that I would be contacting customer service, she thanked me. I told her I wouldn't "torture her" and she even chuckled. I wished her a good day and to hang in there. Let's all be gentle to these poor people.

And oh yeah - I ripped AA a new one via email and they waived my change fee. :D

Well done, on both parties...