Trivia Games on Ships

cruisekitty22

Trivia can be a blast - just play for social fun and do not worry about what anyone else is doin. I have one of the plastic ship trophies so I do not need another. Giving it to a child or someone who really wants the trophy is a different kind of reward...

Bingo is definitely expensive.....fun to watch but costly....

Trivia can be a blast - just play for social fun and do not worry about what anyone else is doin. I have one of the plastic ship trophies so I do not need another. Giving it to a child or someone who really wants the trophy is a different kind of reward...

Bingo is definitely expensive.....fun to watch but costly....

That's what we do...especially if it's a ship we've never been on, since my goal is to have at least one dinghy on a thingie for every ship we've ever been on.

Are the Trivia games on the Fascination free? If not, how much are they? Is bingo free?

Trivia can be fun if you don't take it too seriously. Sometimes there will only be 3-4 people playing and other times there can be 50+ people. On our last cruise, the Game of Thrones trivia attracted a lot of people. You would have had to been an absolute die-hard to get more than15 correct (IMO). And OTOH, the Beatles trivia had 3 people with perfect 20/20. I will play a few games during the cruise, maybe 3 or 4. But it does get old quickly.

Trivia can be fun if you don't take it too seriously. Sometimes there will only be 3-4 people playing and other times there can be 50+ people. On our last cruise, the Game of Thrones trivia attracted a lot of people. You would have had to been an absolute die-hard to get more than15 correct (IMO). And OTOH, the Beatles trivia had 3 people with perfect 20/20. I will play a few games during the cruise, maybe 3 or 4. But it does get old quickly.

On our last cruise, I swear that the die hard GoT fans almost started a riot right there in the plaza because the Fun Squad crew member doing the trivia had no idea what GoT even was, so he was mispronouncing practically everything and people were getting fed up with that and the fact that it was had to decipher what he was saying because of his heavy Spanish (like Spanish as in from Spain) accent. I almost offered to go up and do the trivia FOR him because it was so bad.

Like others have said, bingo is costly and trivia is free.

I have been lucky enough to collect a ship on a stick on both the Carnival cruise I have done.

One time there was a team trivia contest and that was a lot of fun.

I won 3 on each of our last 2 Carnival cruises. On the last one (on the Fascination), someone won about 20. But, he never left the ship and won some as the only one playing when everyone else was exploring the Southern Caribbean ports.

On the one before, we did have team trivia, the men against the women. The men won all 4, which we were told was never done before! I was the captain of the men's team for the first one, and that was one of my ship on a stick wins. We were forced to vote for different captains on the other three, though they wanted me again. One time I gave an answer, and we were told the captain had to give it, and I practically had to spell it out for him. And on our flight back, there was a woman and son in front of us from the ship. He looked at me and said, "Oh, you're the trivia guy.".

BTW, since the OP says he will be on the Fascination, if JJ asks his age, it should be 30 since he was 29 in the summer of 2016. (I had guessed 28.)