Has anyone experienced changing ports due to weather?

Purplsmurf

My second celebrity cruise - short 3 day on Infinity last Nov was supposed to go to Nassau and Cococay but both were cancelled due to wind issues. Nassau became a sea day and Cococay became Freeport. Celebrity was great getting new excursions set up. I was disappointed not to get all the snorkeling in I'd hoped but happy for one day as I'd even brought my fins with me. :-)

I was on a Celebrity cruise exactly two months after Ivan hit and we did tender at Grand Cayman. I was surprised we did so soon after, but the island needed the tourist money (their banking services notwithstanding). I'm due in St Maarten toward the end of November. I'm just going to wait and see. I'd love to say we stopped there because it would mean they are getting back on their feet.

Phil

Here is an update from Celebrity Equinox. Left Antigua yesterday now on our way to Miami. Captain says no issues at Miami Port. We are arriving one hour earlier than posted. Ship is still advertising Miami Tours with Airport Drop off . Voyage has been excellent. No weather problems whatsoever. We were lucky to get out of Miami on the 4th September heading south quickly to Curaçao to dodge Irma,then Barbados,st Lucia,Martinique as fill in stop. Antigua them homeward bound.Stewards are saying September 15th Cruise is all go.

With Irma causing so much damage I have been wondering what Celebrity might do about the upcoming cruise on September 15 if Miami sustains too much damage. Royal Caribbean is delaying some of their cruises that are suooosed to sail this weekend and will change ports if need be. They have mentioned Tampa, but I guess Equinox can't go there. When Harvey hit, ships couldn't get into Galveston so a couple of them went to New Orleans. The current passengers on the Equinox have to get off somewhere. Just wondering if anyone has ever experienced anything like this before. Once the Equinox sails hopefully the cruise will be good since it goes to Grand Cayman and the ABC islands and finishing in the Keys.

Yes.

DON

Have received email responses from Bernard Tours and Capt Bob in St Maarten.

Both said it will be quite a few months before they can try to resume any type of operation.

:(

Did Bob say that they will be refunding those who have paid? We are scheduled on an excursion with him but I've not been able to get in touch yet.

Here is an update from Celebrity Equinox. Left Antigua yesterday now on our way to Miami. Captain says no issues at Miami Port. We are arriving one hour earlier than posted. Ship is still advertising Miami Tours with Airport Drop off . Voyage has been excellent. No weather problems whatsoever. We were lucky to get out of Miami on the 4th September heading south quickly to Curaçao to dodge Irma,then Barbados,st Lucia,Martinique as fill in stop. Antigua them homeward bound.Stewards are saying September 15th Cruise is all go.

Glad it worked out for you...how was Antigua?