Just heard 12 ships cancelled ...but...

pal2pluto

wondering...... Barbuda is trying to get all residents off of the island because Jose is gonna hit next. Would it be possible for ships to get there in time and get them and keep them safe?????? Just concerned about those people!!!:(

While I do not know, I would doubt that Barbuda has deep harbor needed for a cruise ship. I just checked and the population is 94,000. I am pretty sure there are only two or three resorts on Barbuda. I would hope they are already off the island, if the reports are true.....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

wondering...... Barbuda is trying to get all residents off of the island because Jose is gonna hit next. Would it be possible for ships to get there in time and get them and keep them safe?????? Just concerned about those people!!!:(

You expect Carnival to house all those people.??

While I do not know, I would doubt that Barbuda has deep harbor needed for a cruise ship. I just checked and the population is 94,000. I am pretty sure there are only two or three resorts on Barbuda. I would hope they are already off the island, if the reports are true.....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Barbuda has a population of 1,800.

Barbuda AND Antigua has a population of 100K

Doesn't expect, poster was being hopeful and expressing concern for human beings in a place that has zero resources available. Reports have recently been released that delegates have lost all contact with the country. Poster was expressing compassion - a quality that should be in everyone's mind right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I heard an interview with the Governor of Antigua and Barbuda today. They are in the process of organizing the evacuation of everyone on Barbuda, to Antigua. There is not a building left standing on that island.

doesn't expect, poster was being hopeful and expressing concern for human beings in a place that has zero resources available. Reports have recently been released that delegates have lost all contact with the country. Poster was expressing compassion - a quality that should be in everyone's mind right now.

Sent from my iphone using forums

"like" ;)

It would probably make more sense for the US government to offer aid in the form of the USS Oak Hill and USS Kearsarge perhaps, which recently have been involved in recovery support operations for Hurricane Harvey. Ships like that have crew trained for such hazards as a rescue mission to a devastated area.

Edited by bUU

When we vacationed in Antigua at Galley Bay back in the 90's, we were told then that Barbuda was mainly a bird sanctuary. And we were on one of the last flights out of Antigua right before Cat 4 Hurricane Luis the next morning, destroying half of the structures on Antigua and most of everything on Barbuda.

Glad you're not in charge....

so........ Royal Caribbean and Norwegian are moving in....https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-09-09/cruise-lines-send-ships-to-caribbean-on-hurricane-rescue-mission

And happy the people who made this decision are...

Maybe Carnival can learn from these other generous companies.

Glad you're not in charge....

And happy the people who made this decision are...

Maybe Carnival can learn from these other generous companies.

And in the last few years Carnival has raised and donated over $8 Million for St Jude's Children Hospital .... NCL and RCL? Not a nickle.

Maybe these 2 companies can learn from Carnival's humanitarian efforts and generosity shown on a daily basis.

http://www.carnivalfoundation.com/partners/

And in the last few years Carnival has raised and donated over $8 Million for St Jude's Children Hospital .... NCL and RCL? Not a nickle.

Maybe these 2 companies can learn from Carnival's humanitarian efforts and generosity shown on a daily basis.

http://www.carnivalfoundation.com/partners/

Royal has raised far more money for other programs and done many other relief efforts for smaller countries effected by natural disasters

While I don't think the cruise lines will be much help. There is something you can do. Try setting up a humanitarian go fund me. Perhaps water, shelf stable food, clothing and be purchased with donations.

Bless you for your compassion. The world can use more people like you.

God bless.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums