3rd /4th free sly question

pugsammy

Can someone please explain this? When I do a mock booking for 2..total is $1190 including taxes and fees. When I change to include a 2 year old with the "3rd person free offer" price jumps up to over $1900.....

Doesn't seem like anything is "free".......

I would need a bit more information but a few questions...

1. Which ship/date/stateroom category? I'll try to repeat your results.

2. Are you choosing "sail away rate", "Norwegian rate" or similar? You may not be getting the 3rd/4th free if you choose incorrectly.

3. Under "view details" what are you seeing for guests 1, 2, and 3?

Is it for the exact same stateroom? It is possible that staterooms for 2 cost less per person than staterooms for 3.

Another thing -- did you actually select "3rd passenger free" as one of your perks? If not, the discount won't automatically be applied. Additionally, if you selected drinks or dining as a perk, the cost could reflect the gratuities on those packages.

In any case, you will need to pay taxes and fees for the 3rd passenger, regardless of discount or perk.

Will be difficult for anyone to advise without seeing what you are looking at. Will get more help if you list sailing date, ship, and stateroom category you are booking. Keep in mind you have to get to the end of the booking process to choose 3rd person free as your perk; it's not automatic.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is from the latest cruises I looked at- so as I said it applies to some and I also advised the OP to check the terms of their sailing. Thank you for trying to correct the record

Special Offer

• 3rd and 4th Guests Sail FREE on select sailings and categories when booked by October 2, 2017.

Promotion valid on:

• Select sailings in 2017.
  • 3rd and 4th guest Sail Free offer will only be applicable to Suites and The Haven

Not Applicable To

• Offer is not applicable to categories IX, OX, BX and MX (Effective 5/1/16)

Promotion Rules

• Offer valid for guests 3 and 4 sharing a stateroom with guests 1 and 2 paying full fare. 3 & 4 Guests Sail Free dates are subject to change at any time without notice. No deposit is required for qualifying 3 & 4 guests.
  • If there are guests 5 - 8 in a reservation, those guests will be required to pay prevailing fares. Government Taxes, Port Expenses & Fees, discretionary on board service charges and are additional. Cancellation Fees also apply based on the Booking/Sailing date; therefore, Norwegian Cruise Line strongly recommends the purchase of Travel Protection on all bookings.
  • Offer and combinability with other promotional offers is subject to change at any time per Norwegian Cruise Line's discretion. Other restrictions may apply.

NCL-3 - 4-Free-CHO

^^

Is that from "cruisedotcom" or from NCL.com?

I can't find anything on NCL.com that states suites or Haven only for 3rd/4th free. I looked as far as booking allows and 3rd/4th free still works for every category other than studio.

What dates/ship were you looking to book that had only suites/Haven?

I checked the TA and did a mock booking on NCL.com. Example: An inside cabin that shows the offer of free 3/4 available, when you put in for three people it will show 1166 per person, when you go to details on check out it will show cost 3700+ and the details box shows 2 fares of 1600 and 3 person free except for taxes. So officially third is free but they bump up the price of the first two. The cruise I looked at was may or april 2018 eastern med. So as I said check your sailing and costs, just because the offer is there it may not apply to all categories. This is just me and my research, I'm just trying to offer an explanation not trying to be the expert on any individual booking. Just take it for what it's worth or not.

Example: An inside cabin that shows the offer of free 3/4 available, when you put in for three people it will show 1166 per person, when you go to details on check out it will show cost 3700+ and the details box shows 2 fares of 1600 and 3 person free except for taxes. So officially third is free but they bump up the price of the first two.

Ok, I got you.

NCL will show the average so (to some) it looks like the price for #1 and #2 is bumped up but it really isn't.

On the same booking example, if you make it 2 people, the price average will go up but the total price will be roughly the same (no taxes and port fees for 3rd since there is no 3rd). Guests #1 and #2 are charged the same price in both cases.

As I can tell, whenever 3rd/4th is free on a particular cruise, it is for all stateroom categories.