Latest Info on Ports and Itinerary Changes for Upcoming Sept-Oct-Nov Cruises

garycarla

I agree ! I am cruising in November and to many of the devistated ports . I am a hurricane Sandy survivor. I was helped by many caring people and I also helped others. We all banded together. I am today sending supplies from my town to Texas. I have made a generous donation. But I am also looking forward to a much needed vacation and I don't feel bad about being concerned how I will be spending it.

Agreed about the misleading (and click-baity) thread title. People are right to be concerned and anxious about their vacation plans (especially when they involve flying into an area that was just devastated by a hurricane). This doesn't make them callous or unmoved by the plight of those who live in the affected areas. The sermonizing and virtue signaling is unnecessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry. I totally agree with garycarla. there will be plenty of time for checking and wondering when this is over. People cruising 2 or 3 months from now need not be asking what will happen and what how would it affect me? NCL is busy, they have no answers and lots of important concerns. We are leaving in Nov on a cruise, it isn't out of Florida but is heading to the gulf which could get hit my Katia if she does develop. The last thing on my mind is what about Me? Now if someone is sailing next week, it would be different. As for calling NCL, please do not unless you are cruising in the next few weeks. I have been there, both as a TA and as a hotel call center supervisor during bad storms. They are busy working with those who need immediate attention and advise, no time to answer questions about will happen 2 months or so from now. Plus they do not have the answers yet.

Edited by newmexicoNita

Of course everyone is concerned! I would be too if I had a cruise coming up soon from Miami! But the hurricane has not even gotten to Florida yet! Hurricanes are relatively unpredictable-they often turn right or left and go to places they were not predicted to go. I have a good friend who lost her home in Homestead when Andrew went through. The worst of Andrew was not even supposed to go thru Homestead and yet it did. My family and I prepared for a hurricane one time when I was down in Miami, and at the last minute it turned out to sea.

People are in survival mode right now. I have a brother and family hunkered down in their house north of Tampa. They were on the border of the evacuation route and chose to stay, as they are inland. They thought Irma would go east, but now it's going west. Their home is built to withstand a Cat 2. What if Irma stays a Cat 3?! They cannot leave if they want to now because there is no gasoline.

If it helps your anxiety to speculate or theorize or predict or wonder about what is going to happen in 2 or three weeks or months, go right ahead. But I agree with Carla and Gary, there is no way to know right now. We do not even know if there will be a Port of Miami left or a Port Canaveral or a Port of Tampa. NCL has refunded people for cancelled cruises or offered discounts for future cruises if the cruise was shortened. Perhaps the worse that will happen is that some of you will have to go to different ports. But at least you will be safe and have your belongings and loved ones intact and healthy.

If you believe in the power of prayer, I would ask you to pray for Florida and it's people and it's animals. If you don't, then hope for the best and prepare for the worst. Just my 2 cents as I too am very anxious about this right now because I have family and friends affected by the storm's path.

And to Gary and Carla, you will have to keep us posted on the latest now because of your post's name! I also know there are a lot of fellow CC posters that live in Florida. Ya'll stay safe!!

From NCL's Facebook post today:

Due to the devastation in the Caribbean caused by Hurricane Irma, all of Norwegian Escape’s upcoming Eastern Caribbean sailings will be altered to a Western Caribbean itinerary until November. All guests scheduled to sail on any affected cruises will be notified of the change.

A few folks that have posted have indicated they can and will call. Can you share any updates you got on the phone that are different than what has been posted on their website?

Folks here would love to hear what you found out.

A few folks that have posted have indicated they can and will call. Can you share any updates you got on the phone that are different than what has been posted on their website?

I just found NCL Facebook page! Never thought to look there before. They are keeping everyone updated on their page. They are sending the Star to rescue people in St. Thomas! Good for them!

Edited by Seminole1975

September 9th at 12:30 PM (4:30 PM UTC)

Norwegian Cruise Line is continuing to closely watch the forecasted path of major Hurricane Irma and respond as necessary to ensure the safety of our guests and crew. We have cancelled this week’s scheduled sailings aboard our two ships that depart from Miami, Norwegian Sky and Norwegian Escape and both ships are currently navigating a safe course around the path of Hurricane Irma. Norwegian Escape is sailing at full capacity with approximately 4,000 displaced guests from both ships that were unable to secure flights back home. The ship is currently alongside in Cozumel, Mexico and will remain there until 7 a.m. Sunday, September 10. Guests who have secured flights home may disembark the ship in Mexico if they wish. Due to the devastation in the Caribbean caused by Hurricane Irma, all of Norwegian Escape’s upcoming Eastern Caribbean sailings will be altered to a Western Caribbean itinerary until November. All guests scheduled to sail on any affected cruises will be notified of the change.

Acting as a responsible corporate citizen and supporting the destinations that our ships operate in is a core value of Norwegian Cruise Line. In the wake of this devastating storm, we will be deploying Norwegian Sky from her current position off the coast of Cancun to St. Thomas, USVI to retrieve approximately 2,000 travelers who were unable to evacuate the island prior to the storm. The ship is departing immediately and will arrive in St. Thomas in the late evening hours on Monday, September 11. Norwegian Cruise Line is working closely with the Florida-Caribbean Cruise Association and the Governor of St. Thomas to execute this rescue mission. When all designated vacation guests have boarded the ship, Norwegian Sky will sail back to her homeport of Miami and is expected to arrive on Thursday, September 14.

I just found NCL Facebook page! Never thought to look there before. They are keeping everyone updated on their page. They are sending the Star to rescue people in St. Thomas! Good for them!

It's the SKY.

The latest update brought tears to my eyes. KUDOS to NCL!

Another passive aggressive post. Classy!

Sorry. I totally agree with garycarla. there will be plenty of time for checking and wondering when this is over. People cruising 2 or 3 months from now need not be asking what will happen and what how would it affect me? NCL is busy, they have no answers and lots of important concerns. We are leaving in Nov on a cruise, it isn't out of Florida but is heading to the gulf which could get hit my Katia if she does develop. The last thing on my mind is what about Me? Now if someone is sailing next week, it would be different. As for calling NCL, please do not unless you are cruising in the next few weeks. I have been there, both as a TA and as a hotel call center supervisor during bad storms. They are busy working with those who need immediate attention and advise, no time to answer questions about will happen 2 months or so from now. Plus they do not have the answers yet.

I doubt anyone with a cruise booked in the next few months is actually calling NCL. We are talking amongst ourselves on a cruise site where the focus is cruising.

I doubt anyone with a cruise booked in the next few months is actually calling NCL. We are talking amongst ourselves on a cruise site where the focus is cruising.

EXACTLY.

I approach this forum as I would a conversation between passengers relaxing in a lounge over cocktails..

Be nice, try to make sense and don't forget to tip the bartender.. LOL:)

bosco

The island of PR has been first responders to their neighbors. They have pulled supplies and are taking supplies by boat airplanes etc.

The Saint Thomas airport no longer has a Control Tower. Employees and their families have been evacuated.

The airport is being used as a staging area. With a constant barrage of supplies and Medivacs being flow in.

I am so Proud of NCL doing their part too. May we keep Florida in our thoughts today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EXACTLY.

I approach this forum as I would a conversation between passengers relaxing in a lounge over cocktails..

Be nice, try to make sense and don't forget to tip the bartender.. LOL:)

bosco

Agree. Sadly there are some folks that not only expected an answer regarding future cruises, but had no problem calling the cruise line during an emergency situation.

Enjoy your cruise!

NCL Continues to Post Updates on their Website. This was at noon eastern time today.

* Miami headquarters will remain closed through Tuesday, September 12 and are scheduled to re-open on Wednesday, September 13.

September 10th 12:00 PM ET (4:00 PM UTC)

Norwegian Cruise Line is continuing to closely watch major Hurricane Irma and respond as necessary to ensure the safety of our guests and crew. Norwegian Escape is sailing at full capacity with approximately 4,000 displaced guests from both ships that were unable to secure flights back home. The ship is remaining alongside in Cozumel, Mexico today until 5 pm and then will go to sea. Once the storm has safely passed and PortMiami reopens, the ship will proceed towards Miami. Due to the devastating impact in the Caribbean from Hurricane Irma, all of Norwegian Escape’s upcoming Eastern Caribbean sailings until November will be altered to a Western Caribbean itinerary. All guests scheduled to sail on any affected cruises will be notified of the change.

Acting as a responsible corporate citizen and supporting the destinations that our ships operate in is a core value of Norwegian Cruise Line. In the wake of this devastating storm, we have deployed Norwegian Sky to St. Thomas, USVI to bring much needed supplies and assist in a humanitarian effort that is currently being organized by the government.

As the safety and security of our team members is our top priority, Norwegian Cruise Line's Miami headquarters will remain closed through Tuesday, September 12 and are scheduled to re-open on Wednesday, September 13. To ensure that we continue to operate with all the necessary shoreside support, key staff members have been relocated out of Miami and the storm zone. Our call centers will be operating remotely, so please be advised that hold times in our call center may be longer than normal. Our website will remain available 24/7. As soon as this major weather event is clear of the region and we can bring our staff back to Miami, we will re-open the offices.

Additional updates will be posted at NCL.com.

Posted at NCL.com at 10am Monday morning.

Just checked the POM - no update on when they will open at this time.

"Norwegian Cruise Line's Miami headquarters will remain closed through Tuesday, September 12 and are scheduled to re-open on Wednesday, September 13."

September 11th 10:00 AM ET (2:00 PM UTC)

Norwegian Cruise Line is continuing to closely watch now Tropical Storm Irma and respond as necessary to ensure the safety of our guests and crew.

Norwegian Escape is sailing at full capacity with approximately 4,000 displaced guests from both Norwegian Sky and Norwegian Escape that were unable to secure flights back home when the ships returned early to Miami on Thursday, September 7. Norwegian Escape will depart Cozumel, Mexico tonight at 5 pm. The ship will proceed towards Miami and will dock once PortMiami reopens. Due to the devastating impact in the Caribbean from Hurricane Irma, all of Norwegian Escape’s upcoming Eastern Caribbean sailings until November will be altered to a Western Caribbean itinerary. All guests scheduled to sail on any affected cruises will be notified of the change.

Acting as a responsible corporate citizen and supporting the destinations that our ships operate in is a core value of Norwegian Cruise Line. In the wake of this devastating storm, we have deployed Norwegian Sky to St. Thomas, USVI to bring much needed supplies and assist in a humanitarian effort that is currently being organized by the government. As per the State Department, affected US Citizens on St. Thomas should email name, gender, & last known location to IrmaEmergencyUSC@state.gov.

As the safety and security of our team members is our top priority, Norwegian Cruise Line's Miami headquarters will remain closed through Tuesday, September 12 and are scheduled to re-open on Wednesday, September 13. To ensure that we continue to operate with all the necessary shoreside support, key staff members have been relocated out of Miami and the storm zone. Our call centers will be operating remotely, so please be advised that hold times in our call center may be longer than normal. Our website will remain available 24/7. As soon as this major weather event is clear of the region and we can bring our staff back to Miami, we will re-open the offices.

Additional updates will be posted at NCL.com.

Just announced.

The US Government is sending the largest flotilla of ships, carrying men, equipment and supplies, in its history to the Caribbean in response to the damage done by Irma.

There are nine naval vessels including one aircraft carrier and more than 80 helicopters.

They will be working to aid and assist Puerto Rico, the US Virgin Islands, St. Maarten and other Caribbean Islands that were devastated by Irma.

bosco

Edited by boscobeans

Just announced.

The US Government is sending the largest flotilla of ships, carrying men, equipment and supplies, in its history to the Caribbean in response to the damage done by Irma.

There are nine naval vessels including one aircraft carrier and more than 80 helicopters.

They will be working to aid and assist Puerto Rico, the US Virgin Islands, St. Maarten and other Caribbean Islands that were devastated by Irma.

bosco

We are an amazing country and eventually they will all return home, albeit exhausted, to take care of Florida and the rest of the US affected by Irma's indignant wrath. :loudcry: