Due to hurricane damage where would you want to reroute?

ClevelandCruisin

Were on the the Gem out of New York in March to the eastern Caribbean.

It looks like St.Thomas, St. Martin and Tortola are unlikely to be viable, not sure about

St, Kitts assuming San Juan will be OK. But that has decimated our original itinerary. I’d be happy to give up one, maybe two stops to fit in Jamaica, Cuba or Barbados instead. I don’t really wont to do the more westerly Caribbean Islands, which looks the most likely solution for NCL.

Of course if an upgrade from Balcony to Suite were available I might just be shallow enough to go for it!

We are on the Breakaway for 14 nights in February out of NYC.

After seeing and reading about the catastrophic damage done by Irma it looks like we could be losing 3 if not 4 of the ports on our original 8 port itinerary.

If they switch our cruises to the Western Caribbean I am afraid there would be ships tendering where they would normally be docked and ports crowded to the overflowing point, since some of the other lines are already switching to the West as well.

If they head to a few more Southerly Islands as alternatives we may lose one or two ports and gain an extra day or two at sea, however any of the ABC's, Martinique or truthfully anything other than the Western Caribbean would be fine with us..

I am sure that once the damage can be assesed and the cruise lines can get together to start weighing all the possible changes they have to make we will be notified.

CUBA, since this would be from the U.S. would probably be a big hassle with the requirements of the US gornment. ??? Who knows, but WE WOULD LOVE TWO DAYS AND AN OVERNIGHT IN HAVANA...

Hoping and praying that those affected by these recent disasters in the Islands, Florida and Texas

get all the help they need and can begin what looks like a monumental task to rebuild their lives.

In any case we will be somewhere a lot warmer next February and hope it isn't Cozumel...

HAVE A GREAT CRUISE AND I HOPE YOU GET THAT UPGRADE-- LOL;p

bosco

We are on the Breakaway for 14 nights in February out of NYC.

After seeing and reading about the catastrophic damage done by Irma it looks like we could be losing 3 if not 4 of the ports on our original 8 port itinerary.

If they switch our cruises to the Western Caribbean I am afraid there would be ships tendering where they would normally be docked and ports crowded to the overflowing point, since some of the other lines are already switching to the West as well.

If they head to a few more Southerly Islands as alternatives we may lose one or two ports and gain an extra day or two at sea, however any of the ABC's, Martinique or truthfully anything other than the Western Caribbean would be fine with us..

I am sure that once the damage can be assesed and the cruise lines can get together to start weighing all the possible changes they have to make we will be notified.

CUBA, since this would be from the U.S. would probably be a big hassle with the requirements of the US gornment. ??? Who knows, but WE WOULD LOVE TWO DAYS AND AN OVERNIGHT IN HAVANA...

Hoping and praying that those affected by these recent disasters in the Islands, Florida and Texas

get all the help they need and can begin what looks like a monumental task to rebuild their lives.

In any case we will be somewhere a lot warmer next February and hope it isn't Cozumel...

HAVE A GREAT CRUISE AND I HOPE YOU GET THAT UPGRADE-- LOL;p

bosco

Are you on the Feb 2nd sailing?

I see a few posts that NCL said all eastern will be switched to western until the end of Nov. I have only seen that this is for the Escape. Has anyone heard about other ships? It makes sense, but I have not see this in writing.

I sail in Oct from Mia to Havana overnight then GSC. Not sure what will happen with that. A Cuba cruise is twice the price of a normal Caribbean cruise, so I would be very disappointed to just change to a western.

I also sail in Jan out of San Juan. Originally going to St Maarten, Antigua, Martinique, Barbedos, St Kitts and St Thomas with three sea days at the end, so there is flexibility for changes. I would LOVE to see the changes include Bonnaire, possibly Aruba.

I know many people and myself included will have cruises affected by these storms.

If they changed your itinerary, where would you hope they took you to, within the time of your current affected cruise.

I'm traveling on the Escape over Halloween to St.thomas, Tortola and Nassau... Probably will miss the first 2 ports due to damage. And I wanted my soggy dollar shirt! Very bummed!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Alaska, by way of the Panama Canal...;p

Sailing out of Boston November 3. all the ports we are scheduled to visit have major damage this is a preposition cruise I wonder what ports we can visit. hope the don';t cancel Western ports would be great due to fly home to Boston from San Juan Nov. 12. has any one heard anything .

I'm guessing Jamaica. Yuck and dangerous. But ports like Montego Bay, Ocho Rios could see these ships. Ships used to tender in to NCL's private island. They could have more than one ship there, one docked and one tenders in. I also remember a decade ago, ships would go to both Cozumel AND Cancun on the same cruise one day apart.

It's a terrible situation leaving the cruise lines with few great options.

Out of curiosity, why are there so many negative comments regarding Jamaica and Cozumel? I've been to Nassau, and hated it. Are these ports similar? My cruise is in late November, so trying to plan for the possibility of an itinerary change.

Out of curiosity, why are there so many negative comments regarding Jamaica and Cozumel? I've been to Nassau, and hated it. Are these ports similar? My cruise is in late November, so trying to plan for the possibility of an itinerary change.

We were just in Jamaica and Cozumel a few weeks ago. They are for the most part no different than any other islands where you need to be careful just like Nassau.

I don't think that people realize how badly these islands were damaged. They are not likely to be able to accommodate visitors for at least 8 or 9 months and that is probably a generous guess. The BVI dealt with the eye of a strong CAT 5 storm, Tortola and Virgin Gorda are destroyed. St. Thomas suffered severe damage. Its not like there are raw materials on the islands to rebuild. Everything has to be brought in by ship. Hosting cruise visitors is a very low priority right now.

Agreed. I don't think they have even dug up all of the corpses yet.

It's going to be a while

Yes, and will wait patiently for NCL to make any decisions that affect our cruise.

bosco

Are you on the roll call? My wife and I are going to wait until the week before final payment (Oct 25th) to call NCL and our TA. Will cancel if they don't have a plan yet, 14 days is too long of a cruise to go on when your not sure where you are going

Nothing really "Bad" about them. Personally l like the Easter Caribbean better. Twice to the Western was enough for us

We are supposed to leave Monday (9/18) out of the Port of Miami for the Cuba cruise. Has anyone heard anything about whether they will still do this cruise because of the damage in Cuba? I need to change a LOT of flight arrangements if not, and still not hearing anything out of NCL!

I know many people and myself included will have cruises affected by these storms.

If they changed your itinerary, where would you hope they took you to, within the time of your current affected cruise.

I'm traveling on the Escape over Halloween to St.thomas, Tortola and Nassau... Probably will miss the first 2 ports due to damage. And I wanted my soggy dollar shirt! Very bummed!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Take me to Roatan any time!

currently booked on Breakaway for Florida, GSC, and Nassau for mid Nov. of this year

I would not mind if we skipped the 2 latter port stops for Roatan, Belize, and most definitely Bermuda:)

the only reason i care to stop in Fla. is to get a quick visit w/ friends, or else i would care less about that stop as well

Your ports are OK assuming Jose does not come into the Bahamas. It's not possible for Breakaway to get to the western caribbean on a 7 day sailing.

Our December 3 Breakaway sailing will have interesting changes. We were visiting San Juan, St. Thomas, Tortola, St. Maarten, Antigua, and St. Kitts. It is clear St. Maarten and Tortola will be closed for as long as a year, they are 80% or more destroyed. St. Thomas is a question mark... they say it is worse than Marilyn which suggests they will be unable to take visitors for 6 months or more.

We went to St. Thomas a year after Marilyn, because we were supposed to be there when it hit but saw it coming and changed our plans just in time. What we saw was terrible, a year later - it takes so long to get insurance claims settled, and then to get crews and supplies to rebuild, that is if you got enough from insurance to do that. We talked to many people and how they were affected. I don't think there will be enough taxis, stores, and boats to handle a cruisre ship for a long time in those 3 ports.

So my wish for our itinerary is this (Hey NCL, are you listening?) - San Juan as planned, day at sea, Barbados, St. Lucia, and then Antigua and St. Kitts as planned. It's hard to get 6 ports in with the distances to other ports. I do not think western is a good idea as we'd need 4 days in each direction - leaving us with time for only 3 or 4 ports on a 12 day trip.

We are set to sail the 10 day New Year cruise out of San Juan on the Dawn. If we are not able to make port in St. Maarten, St. Thomas, and Tortola as originally scheduled, I would be overjoyed if they did the ABC islands that they are doing on the previous week's sailings on the Dawn for us to replace the missed ports. I have always wanted to visit the ABC islands, but they never seem to be offered on the limited weeks that I am available to sail due to my work schedule.

Nassau is cancelled for 2 months according to ncl weather alerts. i guess you're right, it's riding on Jose,, but I'd still luv to sail to Bermuda!

last year i visited Belize 2 weeks before the hurricane destroyed most of the piers and wreaked havoc on San Pedro,, but i did not cancel. the beach area was dangerous because there was wood w/ nails sticking out all over the place, but we still had a good time. and yes i did my own humanitarian efforts there, i enjoy it.

They may resurrect some old or obscure ports. A few years back, when Cozumel got decimated by a hurricane, Carnival sent us the port of Calica. To this day, one of the absolute ugliest ports I've ever been to (it's a gravel pit with a pier). The only good thing about it was that it's on the Mexican mainland so taking a shore excursion to Tulum from there was much easier than taking it from Cozumel.

What about the port of Trujillo (Banana Coast) Honduras? It popped up on some NCL itineraries when it first opened but I never saw it again. It's currently served by Holland America, Seabourn, Silversea and TUI

Sent from my iPhone using Forums