Anyone else panicking over Florida hotels ????

Shippy

We are supposed to arrive on the 21st at the Hilton Doubletree Galleria.

We absolutely love this hotel & always stay there when we cruise out of Fort Lauderdale.

Latest info I have on them is that they may not reopen until the 24th.

I realize this is a horrible situation for them.

All we can do is keep checking everyday & see if there is a change. I am sure most other hotels are in the same situation so do not know if we will be able to find a last minute alternative.

We will be sailing on the Harmony & I am sure that will be fine as well as our flight from California.

Suggestions, anyone ?

I am at the Hilton Ft Lauderdale Beach Resort for the 5th and I just did a mock booking for this Thursday, which they took. Beach web cam's have been showing them bulldozing sand out of the street in front of the hotel.

Hilton has been pretty good at posting notices for their properties. We also have stayed at the Doubletree Galleria and love the hotel and location. The Beach Resort was cheaper this trip. Did you find the little French cafe across the street on the first floor of the tall apartment building? It's well worth it for a latte and pastry or sandwich.

We also have beachfront rooms at the Doubletree Melbourne for the 6th & 7th. I hope the ocean front isn't in the living room. I also did a mock booking there for this weekend and it took it. But I will probably call them direct next week.

just a thought, but I'd call and verify that any hotel you tried to book was actually in operation before you book it online.

That said, I don't think there's any need to panic.

I agree with both comments above. That said, if you DO encounter a problem finding a room, you might need to think outside the box a little. Find a little no-name motel, or a hotel a bit further away and rent a car to get there if need be, try booking a larger suite that might be available when "regular" rooms are sold out, try AirBnB, etc.

We absolutely love this hotel & always stay there when we cruise out of Fort Lauderdale.

All we can do is keep checking everyday & see if there is a change. I am sure most other hotels are in the same situation so do not know if we will be able to find a last minute alternative.

We will be sailing on the Harmony & I am sure that will be fine as well as our flight from California.

Suggestions, anyone ?[/quote

I just did a mock booking for ther 21st and they are accepting reservations of 103.00 plus taxes a night . But I would call also.

On Monday I tried calling the Hyatt 17th street Convention Centre as we have it booked for September 29th. Their pre-recorded answering services picks up and states "the hotel is closed, hold the line for the next agent". Which then goes to a call centre. Yesterday the message changed and said that they reopen September 13th. I will call today to see what the status is.

I called Hilton honors and asked how to find out if my hotel was open for business. I was connected to guest relations, who has a list. There are many hotels still without power but things are changing daily. My booked hotel for the 14th was still closed but she was able to find another for me.

Your mock booking may not be accurate but calling will be.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Forums mobile app

Suggestions, anyone ?[/quote

I just did a mock booking for ther 21st and they are accepting reservations of 103.00 plus taxes a night . But I would call also.

Such a sale !

Any 'mock' bookings I tried came out $80. Higher !

Which hotel? I live in LBTS and can try and find out for you.

Many of us are still without power.

Oh dear. Not good. It's the coral key inn. If my flight leaves as scheduled I'm due there this Sunday evening :o

I suppose sleeping in the airport saves me some money :D

Oh dear. Not good. It's the coral key inn. If my flight leaves as scheduled I'm due there this Sunday evening :o

I know Dora, the manager. Let me see if I can get a hold of her ( I am not sure I have her cell ), and I will report back with some info.

I would start looking for alternatives NOW...with many hotels doing repairs, rooms may be in short supply. You don't want to stay in a property that is undergoing "drying out"!

I would disagree with that, if they are open and clean/safe I can live with rebuilding for a convenient hotel. I'm not panicking yet, but the Radisson Port Canaveral is a great place and it has parking with a shuttle, which I will need this Sunday. I'm hoping their power comes on and info is available before I leave.

I learned that they still have neither power nor land line yet, as most of us do not on the north side of Commercial Blvd. Unfortunately we have no idea when the power will be restored. I got through on the 800 number, but not sure if you can dial that from the UK, but it is 800-339-3533. :(

I learned that they still have neither power nor land line yet, as most of us do not on the north side of Commercial Blvd. Unfortunately we have no idea when the power will be restored. I got through on the 800 number, but not sure if you can dial that from the UK, but it is 800-339-3533. :(

Thanks for your help. I'll try the number if I'm able to. Looks like I should panic :(

Lago Mar is opening today. Pools are closed and there are no umbrellas or cabanas available on the beach until further notice.

Maybe none of theirs, but maybe you can find others? ;) Thanks for the report. Judging on the webcam during the peak of the storm, I'm not surprised and to add to my comment about a hotel being open and clean, that is all that matters, I can understand why the pool will take a longer time to get back to normal. I love the pool at the Radisson Port Canaveral, but will be happy if the port is open.

Hyatt Pier 66 is currently closed but will open this weekend according to their Facebook page

Good posts, I'm seeing hotels and other area attractions find it easier to update their facebook page as update websites frequently have to go through Corporate IT. Even the PortCanaveral people listed on their webpage that the facebook page will be updated first. (yes, I know not everyone is on Facebook), but this post was helpful in that regard.

What time does your flight leave? This situation is changing by the moment. If you have internet on the flight, keep checking! They do have a facebook page and as mentioned in other threads, many businesses seem to be updating this first.

https://www.facebook.com/CoralKeyInn/ < Note to Moderator, I don't believe this violates the spirit of the NO FACEBOOK GROUPS rule for this forum and it may help this user in their long journey.

How nice of you to try. One reason I really love cruise critic.