Canceled Cruise and Rebooking at the Discounted Rate

sltrawick

My cruise Sept 8 was canceled because of Hurricane Irma. They said on the website they were offering 50% off a future cruise because of it. Has anyone gotten any info about it? Do we just call NCL and they will know to do that?Sorry, this was going to be my first ever cruise so I don't know all the ins and outs yet. 👍🏼

My cruise Sept 8 was canceled because of Hurricane Irma. They said on the website they were offering 50% off a future cruise because of it. Has anyone gotten any info about it? Do we just call NCL and they will know to do that?Sorry, this was going to be my first ever cruise so I don't know all the ins and outs yet. [emoji1360]

Yes, call NCL or have your travel agent help out. The 50% "coupon" is applied to your NCL account, but since you have not cruised before, they may have to create the account for you. And as noted in the 2nd post, the amount is 50% of the fare (excluding taxes, fees, insurance etc.) on the cancelled cruise which is then credited to the cruise fare of the new cruise. The refund is completely separate.

We went through all this in Feb on a cancelled cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's not true....they get their booked cruise refunded and 50% off their next cruise. . It's on their fb page.

It's not 50% off any fare they choose. It is 50% off the cost of their original fare, applied to their new booking.

It's not 50% off any fare they choose. It is 50% off the cost of their original fare, applied to their new booking.

Thank you for the clarification.

Many of the earlier posts were not clear and full of yes, maybe, no answers.

Here is an example since people don't get it. If you paid $4000 for your first cruise, that entire amount gets refunded and you have $2000 toward a future cruise.

This makes it pretty clear. Thanks

Back to the OP's original question. Call NCL and they will let you know the amount of the discount available for a future cruise and will book the new cruise for you applying the discount. They can also answer any questions you have about how the discount is calculated. (FYI - it is not the total you paid for the cruise as many line items are excluded as I mentioned before: taxes, service charges, fees, insurance)

Yes, exactly. Why is it that so many folks think they will get 50% off their new cruise fare? Maybe it's a reading comprehension issue.

Of course now that someone pointed it out, it makes total sense but I have to admit that initially I thought that their next cruise would be discounted by 50%. I wonder if it is worded oddly?

Back to the OP's original question. Call NCL and they will let you know the amount of the discount available for a future cruise and will book the new cruise for you applying the discount. They can also answer any questions you have about how the discount is calculated. (FYI - it is not the total you paid for the cruise as many line items are excluded as I mentioned before: taxes, service charges, fees, insurance)

Thank you EVERYONE! I understand it now! Thanks again

Here is an example since people don't get it. If you paid $4000 for your first cruise, that entire amount gets refunded and you have $2000 toward a future cruise.

Unless your cruise was say $3,500 and $500 in taxes etc, when your future cruise credit would be $1,750, and you would be refunded the full $4,000 on your first cruise.

We weren't booked on a cruse with NCL during the hurricane, but I think they are more than stepping up to the plate with this offer. The hurricane was not their fault, but they are refunding the entire price of the cruise, plus offering 50% of that rate off the next cruise?

Wow. I would expect nothing, I guess, except what, if anything, insurance would cover. But good job NCL.

My cruise Sept 8 was canceled because of Hurricane Irma. They said on the website they were offering 50% off a future cruise because of it. Has anyone gotten any info about it? Do we just call NCL and they will know to do that?Sorry, this was going to be my first ever cruise so I don't know all the ins and outs yet. 👍🏼

You don't get 50% off of your next cruise. You get a credit equal to 50% of the the fare you for the canceled cruise, after fees and taxes are deducted. So if you paid $1000 for an inside cabin you are getting $500 off of that next cruise where you decide to sail in the haven for $4000.

• 4 weeks later...

The money is held by NCL and it is 50% of the price you paid for the cruise. It doesn’t show up on your NCL account, but if you have it, can be accessed by you via a TA or NCL. Happened to us in February this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk