Carribean Princess

Patrisha

NEED FEEDBACK: Hubby and I are contemplating Panama Canal Cruise leaving out of ft lauderdale On 1/27/2017.. I assume the weather in Panama and Costa Rica will be warm in Jan ? Had any one done this cruise and your feedback? The cruise is Ten nights :)Thanks in advance for any information :D

NEED FEEDBACK: Hubby and I are contemplating Panama Canal Cruise leaving out of ft lauderdale On 1/27/2017.. I assume the weather in Panama and Costa Rica will be warm in Jan ? Had any one done this cruise and your feedback? The cruise is Ten nights :)Thanks in advance for any information :D

We are also booked on this cruise. We have been to the the P.C. 4 times, two partial transits and two full transits. Two of these sailings were in January and one in December. It was always hot. It is a really nice cruise with a nice itinerary.

The January/February time frame is probably the best time of year to visit the Atlantic sides Panama and Costa Rica as the Dry Season will be well established by that time. Temperatures will seldom be above the upper 80s or below the mid 70s. What most people probably notice is the increased humidity. Although at that time the humidity about the best it gets in that part of the world, for someone coming from a temperate climate (in winter too) the humidity will be even more noticeable since you will not had any time to acclimate. Shade and a breeze are usually not too hard to find and then you have air conditioning to retreat to.

We stayed on the ship in the canal. I actually enjoyed the trip back out through the locks more than going through them earlier in the day this past February on a HAL ship. I think part of it was that there wasn't a crowd of people as there had been. We also moved around the ship more to take in the view from different perspectives--such as touching the wall of the lock from the Promenade Deck.

In Costa Rica, we joined other Cruise Critic folks on a Princess cruise a few years ago. We had a van that took us to the sloth sanctuary and then a boat ride at Tortuguero National Park to see the wildlife. We had time for lunch at a beachfront restaurant and stops at a fruit stand and grocery store. It was a lot less expensive than similar excursions--plus we got to the sanctuary ahead of the big buses.