Ken Rush

RushFan23

How does Ken Rush end up as a convo in the Aussie section? That being said he was my first CD on Allure and I thought he was fantastic!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Who knows, you would be one of the few who knows who he is let alone remember him.

I cannot fathom that people in the US choose their cruises based on who the cruise director is.

I can safely say on none of mine have I even seen the CD let alone known their name !

They are of complete irrelevance to the sum total of my voyage.

I cannot fathom that people in the US choose their cruises based on who the cruise director is.

I can safely say on none of mine have I even seen the CD let alone known their name !

While I agree that the CD has absolutely no impact on which cruise I choose, although I do notice if the CD is good or not.

That said, a good CD is one that may make your cruise better but a bad CD does not necessarily make your cruise worse.

I can understand as the dominant cruising market is the Caribbean, and there's a lot of same-same about that once you've been some times, just like going to our South Pacific Islands. With 5+ cruises a day leaving for that same area, the CD is one area that can be distinguished, whereas we are not spoiled for choice as much.

It's different to areas like Alaska and others, which are less frequented, less visited, and have fewer options to distinguish them.

Some will make an activity that much better and also involve passengers more which puts a nice vibe across the whole ship, while others just seem to talk at you. Like I said, some may make it more enjoyable but I don't care enough to let them make it worse.

As others have said, the CD would never be a reason for us to choose a cruise. I'm not sure how people would even know & it could even change??

That said, we have mostly had some interaction with the CD on our cruises, and have found they can add to our experience. I can say in 11 cruises (3 cruiselines), we haven't had a bad CD. We have had some more than once, but that was luck of the draw.

We are out-going & mostly 'joiners-in' taking part in many of the activities, so that likely means we would have more to do with the CD than if we didn't participate as much. They welcome feedback about the activities and events, and also their staff.

We have even have the CD buy us a drink once or twice - maybe they are the good ones :D

As others have said, the CD would never be a reason for us to choose a cruise. I'm not sure how people would even know & it could even change??

That said, we have mostly had some interaction with the CD on our cruises, and have found they can add to our experience. I can say in 11 cruises (3 cruiselines), we haven't had a bad CD. We have had some more than once, but that was luck of the draw.

We are out-going & mostly 'joiners-in' taking part in many of the activities, so that likely means we would have more to do with the CD than if we didn't participate as much. They welcome feedback about the activities and events, and also their staff.

We have even have the CD buy us a drink once or twice - maybe they are the good ones :D

Anyone who buys someone a drink is worth their salt.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...