Theme Elegant Night Suggestions

QTPieRye

Greetings! I am travelling with a large group in January 2018 on the Conquest 6 night, which will have 2 elegant nights. Several people have mentioned having a themed elegant night.... besides the "white night", anyone ever done this or have any ideas. Ready, Set, Go :)

If you are planning this for your group I'd ask the members of the group what they'd prefer.

Is the idea for your group to all be in one color so you'll be seen as a special bunch of people??

The "white parties" on board ship are usually for everyone on board who wants to stay up late and dance.

I have never been on a Journeys cruise and yet I have seen White Party listed as a late night event on others.

I know nothing about people organizing their own "color" parties.

I don't really care if people do this or not I just have not ever noticed it.

The only thing I remember noticing was a group of people where the ladies all wore feather boas on formal night. We actually talked about some sort of theme for our group of 7, since we knew we would want some family pics. Never did decide and now we are having to postpone the cruise. :-(

I have never been on a Journeys cruise and yet I have seen White Party listed as a late night event on others.

I know nothing about people organizing their own "color" parties. kind of contradicting here "If you are planning this for your group I'd ask the members of the group what they'd prefer. "

I don't really care if people do this or not I just have not ever noticed it.

of course, anything I post, I get it. So if the White party is listed in Fun times, how would people know to bring white.

White parties are only on Journeys cruises, unless it's organized privately. Personally, I leave my jacket and tie at home

there was a white party on our 7-Day Conquest cruise a year ago July. It didn't start til midnight though so me and the wife were too wiped out from the day to go. I walked by as they were setting it up. Lots of white decorations and then when everyone shows up the get out the black lights and it probably was fun if you like dancing and stuff. I think they have a few drink specials for it too.

I don't recall seeing one announced in FunTimes for the 4-day we did in December. Maybe it's just longer cruises and up to the CD.

of course, anything I post, I get it. So if the White party is listed in Fun times, how would people know to bring white.

Lol, not trying to pile on, friend. We actually brought white clothes to wear because I had read about it here on CC before our Conquest cruise. Didn't know when or where it would be, just knew to check the FunTimes when we got on board. But we're too old to stay up that late.

Might try again in the future - our next is partial Panama in April - 8 nights ought to get one and since there's only 2 port days it might be on a night we don't have to get up early for an excursion the next day.

We are on the Miracle on December 2nd and it is a Journey cruise. The only thing I heard is that they will have a back to the eighties formal night and also a midnight buffet that night.

So we shall see soon. On the 14th of October Miracle is doing the same trip, 15 day to Hawaii, so maybe they will post some of the things.

Dan

We are on the Miracle on December 2nd and it is a Journey cruise. The only thing I heard is that they will have a back to the eighties formal night and also a midnight buffet that night.

How did you find about those 2 events ahead of time? Only a small fraction of cruisers are on CC so they wouldn't know from here.

How did you find about those 2 events ahead of time? Only a small fraction of cruisers are on CC so they wouldn't know from here.

For your info. I have also found out, since you will be on the same cruise that the first formal night will be the 3rd of December, the second formal night will be on the 6th of December, and the third formal night will be on the 12th of December.

The throw back to the eighties day will be December 6th, and it is a formal night and they will have a mid-night buffet that night.

Hope to meet you on the cruise,

Dan and Sharon

I have seen white parties listed in the Fun Times on just about every cruise, it's not limited to just journeys cruises. Frequent cruisers pack at least one white outfit, for others it's a go-to summer color already. In the dance club they use a black light and it makes the white glow :)