LIVE from the Grandeur of the Seas - Canada/NE Sept 21-30

CLE2CRUISE

Some more windjammer for you. These were main dishes there was a chicken with mushrooms, several Indian options (I tried a curry in the first day and found it flavorless), a carving station with ham, scalloped potatoes, mashed potatoes, rice, grilled chicken and fish. Lots of others too that I'm forgetting. And they were setting up a pasta station too but I missed getting a pic. 62a79fa0feeb7d2fdc2169894aa65b35.jpg

d564ef836464c6c5f15d2d1e6ffad788.jpg

382a35f7cb5c10c858de09c4f0688c6a.jpgfc8c48f02330d1be015a0c284e41b46d.jpg

036d66633a0bf65929dcd73e26b114c9.jpg6819cd2e1bb9b836852a2772450a8d40.jpg

It's so refreshing to follow a review from someone on their first cruise.....seeing everything through their eyes. We have been considering this itinerary. After being on a few of the bigger ships (Harmony, Oasis, Liberty) the last few times I think a smaller ship would be a nice change.

Thank you for this wonderful review! We will be following along with you! You are doing an amazing review!

[emoji23]They are all over. That one was on the bathroom door. Apparently it's quite dangerous in there!!! Lmao
I don't know how I missed them. I guess I'll have to go back.

It's nice enough lounge music and they seem to have a keen ability to play songs that get people up and dancing.
I am envious. My husband and I wanted to dance on our cruise and could only find the "dance parties" which were line dancing or special dances.

Re: Windjammer. One day there was some chicken dish with a name I didn't know. I asked the staff if it was spicy. There were 2 guys there that had me laughing. Explained what it was and said it wasn't spicy for them but it might be for me. They were just funny how they talked with me. (And I did find it spicy,)

It's so refreshing to follow a review from someone on their first cruise.....seeing everything through their eyes. We have been considering this itinerary. After being on a few of the bigger ships (Harmony, Oasis, Liberty) the last few times I think a smaller ship would be a nice change.

Thank you for this wonderful review! We will be following along with you! You are doing an amazing review!

Awwww thank you! I really have no clue. I'm just having a good time and trying to share it :)

Pool time again today!d9272811f9459d92660cf6c991171bd0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't know how I missed them. I guess I'll have to go back.

I am envious. My husband and I wanted to dance on our cruise and could only find the "dance parties" which were line dancing or special dances.

Re: Windjammer. One day there was some chicken dish with a name I didn't know. I asked the staff if it was spicy. There were 2 guys there that had me laughing. Explained what it was and said it wasn't spicy for them but it might be for me. They were just funny how they talked with me. (And I did find it spicy,)

Hahaha excellent plan. You need a cruise so you can revisit the signs ;)

It's wonderful how friendly and fun everyone is! I need to find that spicy chicken!

This is their website, http://www.bigpinksightseeing.com/

There is no mention of "Free". However they do state this...

BIG Pink Sightseeing, not your average sightseeing tour. Guests on board our Hop-On Hop-Off tour will not only be delighted by local sights and entertained by our knowledgeable tour guides, they will also be supporting Breast Cancer research around the world. For every guest riding on our distinctively pink buses, a contribution to the local Breast Cancer Foundation will be made by the local tour operator.

Sounds like an awesome idea.

This is their website, http://www.bigpinksightseeing.com/

There is no mention of "Free". However they do state this...

BIG Pink Sightseeing, not your average sightseeing tour. Guests on board our Hop-On Hop-Off tour will not only be delighted by local sights and entertained by our knowledgeable tour guides, they will also be supporting Breast Cancer research around the world. For every guest riding on our distinctively pink buses, a contribution to the local Breast Cancer Foundation will be made by the local tour operator.

Sounds like an awesome idea.

I don't think they were free either as I heard someone mentioned they were a 'good deal'. But according to the above post that sounds like a good deal. We didn't leave the ship today so I can't confirm anything but I did watch them while we ate lunch and there were dozens if not hundreds of passengers getting on and off. Definitely popular!

We spent today in Halifax and had a great time learning some of the rich town history. Titanic rescues, a horrible explosion, a strong naval team - all quite interesting. It really is an impressive city to see.

Oh and we used that Big Pink Bus. It's a hop on / hop off and costs $49pp $1 of which goes toward breast cancer research. It was a good way to see the city and we had a very nice day.

Now.....to dinner and a great night! [emoji3]

8d70a13034b3b15fe190cb8819e3d192.jpg

e052b286ffde7b3865dec1e2f824e58a.jpg

8f9ed9537c414f79c909d158b13205bf.jpg

f54983c70279e8246acff9f25b9f849f.jpg

ccca713d564f530256fd9ae6da5a5669.jpg

Dinner tonight. I think these garlic tiger shrimp were the best thing Ive had in the MDR! Incredibly tender and with a mild creamy sauce. cc546f37e4ff123d97b22c5ddfae6d04.jpg

Johns lasagna was super meaty! He enjoyed it and it was a hearty serving. 90de1d97220d676065f51c110052ae17.jpg

This cheese plate is on the staples dessert menu every night. I wish I'd gotten it more often! The fruit compote is fantastic. 95a52e32f937f881accff8060b9d3797.jpg

I sent back the arancini (it has a strange smoked flavor) and Joseph was kind enough to being me this caprese instead. It was perfect. a9ed11375080081cf2f1d4935c629899.jpg

Johns sticky caramel bread pudding was nice. It wasn't as crisp as monkey bread gets but had a similar flavor. He liked it better than the chocolate bread pudding the night before and he loves that! 7a1869b7ec40f6f677de58d08c68b093.jpg

b83806669f22f6d1b70e5a0228414e65.jpg

Well we are back to a sea day again today and the Solarium is pretty crowded. Waters are rough and lots of rocking with warnings from the captain that it'll likely get worse tonight. I've taken my seasick meds, have on my bands and a cup of ginger ale - trying to get ahead of it. Here we go!

Dinner tonight. I think these garlic tiger shrimp were the best thing Ive had in the MDR! Incredibly tender and with a mild creamy sauce. cc546f37e4ff123d97b22c5ddfae6d04.jpg

Johns lasagna was super meaty! He enjoyed it and it was a hearty serving. 90de1d97220d676065f51c110052ae17.jpg

This cheese plate is on the staples dessert menu every night. I wish I'd gotten it more often! The fruit compote is fantastic. 95a52e32f937f881accff8060b9d3797.jpg

I sent back the arancini (it has a strange smoked flavor) and Joseph was kind enough to being me this caprese instead. It was perfect. a9ed11375080081cf2f1d4935c629899.jpg

Johns sticky caramel bread pudding was nice. It wasn't as crisp as monkey bread gets but had a similar flavor. He liked it better than the chocolate bread pudding the night before and he loves that! 7a1869b7ec40f6f677de58d08c68b093.jpg

I love the Lasagna at the MDR's I have been on. It is very good.

Jeff

Still looking for recommendations for the best poutine in the Canadian ports. Did you happen to try any of it yourself, or hear of anyone who did? We sail this itinerary 3 weeks from today and it's on my bucket list of things to do in places I've not been to yet.

Hope things don't get too rocky out there for you guys this evening. Maria is still packing a punch in the North Atlantic, with swells affecting much of the east coast of the United States, Atlantic Canada, and Bermuda. Try to relax and enjoy your final days at sea!

Thanks so much for posting impressions of your voyage. It's been fun to follow along!

Well we are back to a sea day again today and the Solarium is pretty crowded. Waters are rough and lots of rocking with warnings from the captain that it'll likely get worse tonight. I've taken my seasick meds, have on my bands and a cup of ginger ale - trying to get ahead of it. Here we go!

Be prepared to feel the "motion of the ocean" for several days after you are home. When the seas have been rough, after I get home, I can be sitting down or standing still and all of a sudden, I feel like I am on the ship with a little rocking feeling. It goes away after a couple days. I guess they call it getting your "land legs" after having "sea legs" for days....lol

Sorry your cruise is ending in a couple days. Just book another cruise, so you have something to look forward to.

I hope you continue to cruise in years to come. Our first cruise got us hooked and we have over 40 cruises under our belts. We are retired, so can go whenever we can find a good deal. We do mostly inside cabins to save money so we can cruise more often. We do get other cabins for special occasions. I will be on the Grandeur on Oct. 28th. Can't wait.

You picked a great ship for your first cruise. Glad you enjoyed it. Safe travels home. Really enjoyed your live report. Thanks for taking the time from you cruise to do so.

Gwen :D

• Thanks 1