Ports open or closed

lnm6170

Expect port changes on all cruise lines on almost a daily basis between now and the end of the year. My wife and I are traveling on Celebrity Silhouette over Thanksgiving and the itinerary has changed 4 times in the past 5 days. We expect more changes over the next 2 months. It is what it is!

As other have stated, just because a port is open, does not mean that it is accepting cruise ships. St. Thomas is a good example. The port is technically open, but they are not allowing cruise ships to dock unless they are on humanitarian missions such as evacuating stranded guests. The ports need to be open to allow relief supplies to get in, but not tourists.

As far as tourists are concerned, three main islands were heavily damaged. Do not expect them to be ready for tourists for months. These include Tortola, St. Maarten, and St. Thomas.

Wow, I realize those of you that have upcoming cruises are concerned about your P'sOC but you booked in hurricane season so if you end up on the ship for the entire cruise life sucks for you!!! I was to go to Key West at the beginning of Oct. than realized that this years hurricane season was going to make for the past few season's that were quiet. Here's what I would like the cruise industry to do!!!!!! Offer cruises for those Island that are open for those of whom want to help, help with hands on. So instead of shore excursions exploring the Island, shore excursions for humanitarian relief. Remember these islands we've all fallen in love with now it's time to step up and help them out!!!!