October 22 Oasis Itinerary Has Been Updated

cruzeluver

For those not checking the roll call, Royal has communicated the new itinerary for the Oct. 22nd Oasis sailing. Here is what we received:

DearGuest:

We wanted to provide you with an update on your Oasis of the Seas, October 22nd sailing. Due to the impact of Hurricane Maria on San Juan, Puerto Rico, we have made some modifications to your itinerary.

For your convenience, all changes are outlined in the updated itinerary, below:

Day

Date

Port Name

Arrival Time

Departure Time

Sun

10/22/2017

Orlando (Port Canaveral), Florida

4:30 PM

Mon

10/23/2017

Nassau, Bahamas

9:00 AM

5:00 PM

Tue

10/24/2017

Cruising

Wed

10/25/2017

Labadee, Haiti

8:00 AM

Thu

10/26/2017

Falmouth, Jamaica

10:00 AM

7:00 PM

Fri

10/27/2017

Cruising

Sat

10/28/2017

Cruising

Sun

10/29/2017

6:00 AM

Pretty sure no OBC will be offered. We are still getting a 7 night cruise with the same number of ports. Will never get everyone to agree with what would be an acceptable alternative itinerary.

For those that asked, originally we were supposed to got to St. Maarten, San Juan and Labadee.

We will now go to Nassau, Labadee and Jamaica.

No matter what decision Royal made someone would be bummed. Would these have been my first choices? No. But we are happy to still be going on Oasis and visiting some lovely places, all of which we have been to multiple times.

We love Jamaica and always find something to do in Nassau though it isn't our favorite. Our December cruise on Celebrity is scheduled for St Maarten, St Thomas and San Juan. Wherever it goes we will be travelling together, and having fun. And it won't be snowing! ;p

I suspect they rarely offer OBC when changing ports? And it's probably very unlikely with all the changes coming up in the next couple months.

Why didn't they choose other small islands? They chose two awful places.

Simply, there are not a lot of options for an Oasis-class ship. They cannot call on most of the smaller islands or the ones that required tendering ashore. And each port can only accommodate so many ships. They just do not have a lot of choices.

Yes, I am fully aware that I'm beyond final payment and that rules are rules... HOWEVER, I do think Royal could be a little more accommodating in this instance. This is a total itinerary change and I never would have booked this sailing had I known we would be going to Nassau and Falmouth, probably the two worst Caribbean ports in my opinion. I just called to see if I could switch to the Allure or Harmony the same week, or if I could switch to a different Oasis sailing in November, of course paying any price difference involved either way. Was given a big fat NO to both scenarios. It's not like I'm trying for a refund; Royal still gets my money either way.

Go ahead and tell me that I should be happy that I am cruising in the first place, but I do feel I got the short end of the stick in this situation. All of the other modified itinerarys on Oasis class ships got Cozumel and Costa Maya, both of which I would be happy with! It's just a shame that Royal will not work with us at all, and we have 2 rooms booked with all diamonds and diamond plus. End rant; thanks for sympathizing.

We're on this cruise as the first leg of our b2b so we get to go to Falmouth twice. We were already going to Labadee twice. Do we care? Only that the islands we were supposed to go to are so devastated. DH has 2nd cousins and beyond living in PR and fortunately they're ok, no power, but ok. We won't be given OBC. Remember everyone, the cruise contract states that ports can be changed at any time for any reason. We're getting the same number of ports. Anyone who cruises needs to understand that you don't cruise for the ports because there's no guarantee you'll get to them. We've missed several ports over the years.

The ones that got the short end of the stick are the ones that are living on islands that have so much damage.

Yes, I am fully aware that I'm beyond final payment and that rules are rules... HOWEVER, I do think Royal could be a little more accommodating in this instance. This is a total itinerary change and I never would have booked this sailing had I known we would be going to Nassau and Falmouth, probably the two worst Caribbean ports in my opinion. I just called to see if I could switch to the Allure or Harmony the same week, or if I could switch to a different Oasis sailing in November, of course paying any price difference involved either way. Was given a big fat NO to both scenarios. It's not like I'm trying for a refund; Royal still gets my money either way.

Go ahead and tell me that I should be happy that I am cruising in the first place, but I do feel I got the short end of the stick in this situation. All of the other modified itinerarys on Oasis class ships got Cozumel and Costa Maya, both of which I would be happy with! It's just a shame that Royal will not work with us at all, and we have 2 rooms booked with all diamonds and diamond plus. End rant; thanks for sympathizing.

Funny. I'd probably take Nassau, Labadee, Falmouth over Nassau, Costa Maya, Cozumel. Different strokes, eh?! I got the change to Costa Maya/Cozumel and I'm not thrilled with it, but I'll enjoy it just fine. I was disappointed losing Labadee.

I agree that Royal is not handling this well with you. I think your request is more than fair and they should absolutely work with you. You booked a trip to certain locations, they are no longer providing that. I guess it's different with "cruising" - but nobody would accept this in any other form of travel. If you booked a flight to Chicago and they told you that you would be going to NYC instead, you could obviously cancel. Cruising is traveling, too. You booked to visit a certain destination. They aren't providing that anymore and you should be entitled to a full refund. If I was really upset and were willing to not sail Royal anymore, I'd just charge it back. But I don't mind itinerary changes that much.

You can't compare cruising to air travel. Air travel takes you from point a to point b which is your "contract" with them. Cruising, your destination is the ship. The contract is that they will provide you with a cruise on a specific ship. A lot of things are out of their control. I get they don't want to take a hit by letting people change to another cruise because they also don't want to sail a half empty ship, which could happen if they just let people change their cruises anytime they want.

Sorry, no sympathy here, we lost Labadee and got Cozumel and Costa Maya. I can understand not going to our two originally scheduled stops. But there's nothing wrong with Labadee. Why not just give us another sea day and call it a week?

Could be a conflict at Labadee with other ships making stops there.

Did you get the insurance? If so, why not CA & rebook something else?? It ALWAYS pays to get the insurance, as we lost a cruise years ago because we didn't take it & we had a family emergency! Have to have it.

For those not checking the roll call, Royal has communicated the new itinerary for the Oct. 22nd Oasis sailing. Here is what we received:

DearGuest:

We wanted to provide you with an update on your Oasis of the Seas, October 22nd sailing. Due to the impact of Hurricane Maria on San Juan, Puerto Rico, we have made some modifications to your itinerary.

For your convenience, all changes are outlined in the updated itinerary, below:

Day

Date

Port Name

Arrival Time

Departure Time

Sun

10/22/2017

Mon

10/23/2017

Nassau, Bahamas

9:00 AM

5:00 PM

Tue

10/24/2017

Cruising

Wed

10/25/2017

Labadee, Haiti

8:00 AM

Thu

10/26/2017

Falmouth, Jamaica

10:00 AM

7:00 PM

Fri

10/27/2017

Cruising

Sat

10/28/2017

Cruising

Sun

10/29/2017

6:00 AM

Hypothetical question

Traveling with a non US citizen

Cruise Itenary changes to include a visa required destination for the non US citizen

Will royal , or cruise lines in general, allow to cancel the trip for a full refund ?

Or they will require us to obtain a visa and do the cruise ?

( Due to "trust" issues with the consulate ,postal system .. the traveler does not prefer to part with the travel documents, passport etc , to submit for visa .. )

( May not be enough time to obtain the visa )

Any tips will be greatly appreciated

I have a non visa itenary now but seeing posts like this make me want to know about the hypothetical change

The comments on this thread have just reinforced my view that no matter what changes Royal made, some folks would object and believe they are owed something. We will be going with the flow and expect to have a wonderful time. We CHOSE to sail during hurricane season without "cancel for any reason" insurance, and that's the risk we took.

Sorry, no sympathy here, we lost Labadee and got Cozumel and Costa Maya. I can understand not going to our two originally scheduled stops. But there's nothing wrong with Labadee. Why not just give us another sea day and call it a week?

I'm guessing it has to do with the distance between the ports.

The comments on this thread have just reinforced my view that no matter what changes Royal made, some folks would object and believe they are owed something. We will be going with the flow and expect to have a wonderful time. We CHOSE to sail during hurricane season without "cancel for any reason" insurance, and that's the risk we took.

like-button.jpg

the comments on this thread have just reinforced my view that no matter what changes royal made, some folks would object and believe they are owed something. We will be going with the flow and expect to have a wonderful time. We chose to sail during hurricane season without "cancel for any reason" insurance, and that's the risk we took.

👍👍👍👍

It's possible, but I would not be surprised if there was none offered. The cruise is the same length and the same number of stops.

That may be but we did pay the price for a Eastern Itinerary and given a Western with small ports...there is a difference in cost eastern versus western. Yes I feel at least a adjustment should be in line.

Totally agree with Italian boater. I did call and ask for compensation and was told none is offered at this time. :confused:. Maybe if enough people voice complaint they will try to make us a bit happier. Just a thought.