Replacement ports starting to be input

jenp123

I was in my booking for the 21 day cruise leaving Nov 19 on the koninsdam. I went into my itinerary and so far it looks like st Martin has been removed and st Croix has been added. Didn't notice any other changes so far. I happened to be speaking to a HAL agent at the time and she said that no one at HAL has access to that cruise for 12 hours while they update the itinerary and release the changes tomorrow.

St Croix also suffered damage. Must not have been too bad there.

A friend of mine from church has family in St. Croix and she relayed that the damage isn't that bad - nowhere near as bad as on St. John and St. Thomas.

I'm sailing 17th Dec on Eurodam, the only change on mine is St Croix instead of St Martin. Puerto Rico and Grand Turk are still on my itiniary

Likewise for the 10 December sailing of Eurodam. I got my email this morning. I was super exited about St Maarten as I've never been there, but I've never been to St Croix either. So, I'm okay. As I keep saying, I have a LIDO CABANA!

I wouldn't count on Puerto Rico, however.

My itinerary is still showing San Juan, PR as well. So HAL must have a lot of confidence in FEMA.

Last night I chatted with NCL (VP) and got a take on San Juan and the Caribbean. The positioning of the Dawn is schedule for November 13th. At this time, this positioning is still on target. The cruises coming out of San Juan ports will not change until we get into November. Of course this could all change at a moment notice as the islands recover from the 3 hurricanes.

On NCL webpage the weather update has in it that they will work with you about changing your cruise as well as getting the airline to waive the cancellation fees.

Just logged onto my account and also saw the itinerary changes. Instead of Tortola, BVI we're going to St. Croix, USVI. Instead of St. Maarten, we're heading to "St. Johns, Antigua, and Barbuda" I'm not sure what this means? Are these islands close to each other or could it be one of the three? San Juan is still listed as a port. We've never been to the replacement ports and are very excited!

Instead of St. Maarten, we're heading to "St. Johns, Antigua, and Barbuda" I'm not sure what this means? Are these islands close to each other or could it be one of the three?

It's one place. St Johns is the city. Antigua and Barbuda is the country, comprised of the 2 namesake islands. St. Johns is on the island of Antigua.

Just for note, Barbuda is probably the worst hit island out of all of them. It's pretty much completely uninhabitable.

It's one place. St Johns is the city. Antigua and Barbuda is the country, comprised of the 2 namesake islands. St. Johns is on the island of Antigua.

Just for note, Barbuda is probably the worst hit island out of all of them. It's pretty much completely uninhabitable.

Ah, ok. Now I get it. I guess then we will be sticking to Antigua. Still, we are excited!

Last night I chatted with NCL (VP) and got a take on San Juan and the Caribbean. The positioning of the Dawn is schedule for November 13th. At this time, this positioning is still on target. The cruises coming out of San Juan ports will not change until we get into November. Of course this could all change at a moment notice as the islands recover from the 3 hurricanes.

On NCL webpage the weather update has in it that they will work with you about changing your cruise as well as getting the airline to waive the cancellation fees.

What do you mean by the cruises coming out of San Juan will not change til November? The re-positioning cruise is a go but maybe cruises won't leave ??? Sorry I am confused....which happens easily[emoji44]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums