RCI dropped Labadee from my Harmony Cruise

pharaoh

So, with all of the itinerary changes due to the hurricanes this season, I have noticed that RCI has dropped Labadee from several sailings.

I know that Harmony sailings on 9/23, 10/7, and 10/21 (so far) were all supposed to port at Labadee, and now all three have been diverted to the western Caribbean.

Confusing, since by all accounts I’ve read, Labadee received minimal damage from the hurricanes.

So, who is still going to Labadee between now and November, and why did RCI drop Labadee from several of the Harmony sailings (and possibly others I may not know about)?

** For reference, my original ports were Labadee, San Juan, and St. Maarten. The last of which was changed for St. Kitts after Irma, and now after Maria we were notified today that we would be going Nassau, Coz, and Costa Maya.

Seems to me they could have kept Labadee instead of Nassau, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe we are still going to labadee on the 9/30 sailing on Harmony

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've noticed that they have only dropped Labadee from the Eastern cruises that were going to call there. The Western cruises haven't been changed from what I can see.

I can only speculate that the reason they dropped Labadee despite the minimal damage is because originally, we were going to be at Labadee on Day 6, so maybe all the other days were taken, and they couldn't find a way to get to Costa Maya and Cozumel and still leave Labadee on Day 6?

So, with all of the itinerary changes due to the hurricanes this season, I have noticed that RCI has dropped Labadee from several sailings.

I know that Harmony sailings on 9/23, 10/7, and 10/21 (so far) were all supposed to port at Labadee, and now all three have been diverted to the western Caribbean.

Confusing, since by all accounts I’ve read, Labadee received minimal damage from the hurricanes.

So, who is still going to Labadee between now and November, and why did RCI drop Labadee from several of the Harmony sailings (and possibly others I may not know about)?

** For reference, my original ports were Labadee, San Juan, and St. Maarten. The last of which was changed for St. Kitts after Irma, and now after Maria we were notified today that we would be going Nassau, Coz, and Costa Maya.

Seems to me they could have kept Labadee instead of Nassau, right?

There was, reportedly, some damage to Labadee.

More importantly, the stop in Haiti doesn't make a ton of sense if the rest of the cruise is western. You'd basically be going all the way east of Cuba just to loop back around to the Yucatán.

Nassau is a very short trip from FLL and presumably they then take a more direct route north of Cuba over to Mexico. So they may not be skipping Haiti so much because of damage as because it's just a detour for a cruise going west.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've noticed that they have only dropped Labadee from the Eastern cruises that were going to call there. The Western cruises haven't been changed from what I can see.

I can only speculate that the reason they dropped Labadee despite the minimal damage is because originally, we were going to be at Labadee on Day 6, so maybe all the other days were taken, and they couldn't find a way to get to Costa Maya and Cozumel and still leave Labadee on Day 6?

The western cruises hit Falmouth as well so going out to Haiti doesn't really cost distance. They have to get around Cuba anyhow.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are on Oasis leaving on Sunday (Oct. 1). We have always been scheduled for Labadee, Falmouth, and Cozumel. Do date, no changes posted. My guess is that it more has to do with the day that Harmony would need to be in the new ports. Since she seems to have been re-routed to the Western Itinerary, she probably needs to dock when there is space so Labadee likely has to be cancelled for her.

We are doing a B2B on Oasis in Oct. and one of our sailings originally did not have Labadee however both sailings now have that stop. It looks like someone was probably moved so that Oasis could fit in. Two of the original ports were destroyed so they are trying to get some stops in stead of just sailing around......which I would not have minded.

It could be distance. There may not be enough time to get to Labadee and from Labadee to the next port of call or disembarkation port.

My guess as well. Too far from the other ports they substituted and conflicts with other ships because of the timing.

... I can only speculate that the reason they dropped Labadee despite the minimal damage is because originally, we were going to be at Labadee on Day 6, so maybe all the other days were taken, and they couldn't find a way to get to Costa Maya and Cozumel and still leave Labadee on Day 6?

This is what I'm thinking, Too far to get back to port and still make Labadee.

We are on Oasis leaving on Sunday (Oct. 1). We have always been scheduled for Labadee, Falmouth, and Cozumel. Do date, no changes posted. My guess is that it more has to do with the day that Harmony would need to be in the new ports. Since she seems to have been re-routed to the Western Itinerary, she probably needs to dock when there is space so Labadee likely has to be cancelled for her.

Been seeing you on CC for a while and I like your fonts! I too am on the October 1st cruise but noticed you didn't participate in the roll call. Still would like to meet you nonetheless! :cool:

My guess as well. Too far from the other ports they substituted and conflicts with other ships because of the timing.

That makes sense. I was confused about it until I actually wrote it out here about the timing and then it clicked.

Labadee is one of my favorite ports. This whole cruise WAS filled with my favorite ports. I’ll have to book another cruise next year to visit them all after they’ve recovered. [emoji51]

Plus with more ships being put in the Western itinerary, they may be running out of parking spots. I think I'd hate to be on Labadee with 2 Oasis class ships docked, if that is possible. I've seen Grandeur parked along side an Oasis class if I remember correctly.

Plus with more ships being put in the Western itinerary, they may be running out of parking spots. I think I'd hate to be on Labadee with 2 Oasis class ships docked, if that is possible. I've seen Grandeur parked along side an Oasis class if I remember correctly.

We've been there on a Freedom class ship with another (don't recall), and it was very crowded on the beach that faces the zipline. Can't imagine two Oasis class ships at the same time.

There must be a contention issue with the potential days (Day 3 or Day 6 of a typical Western Caribbean itinerary).

Labadee, Cozumel, Costa Maya was the original itinerary for Oasis of the Seas before Falmouth, Jamaica, was open. Unfortunately, now that RCI has added Labadee as a stop for those ships that go to the Eastern Caribbean, there are fewer open days for an Oasis-class ship to stop there.

I was scratching my head over it at first. Then when I realized it's probably a logistics problem. I like Labadee and was looking forward to going there. Although I am letting my hopes die on that one. My cruise is in December, it hasn't changed yet, but it's highly unlikely that we'll end up at any of the original ports. :(