Will probably lose out on super upsell offer due to TA

rwilk1129

I can't imagine why I use a TA unless... Perhaps the $900 he knocked off the price of my next cruise could be a reason? :rolleyes:

you must have a premium cabin then. We purchased an inside cabin, and if you knocked $900 off the price, the three of us would be cruising for $399 total. Could it happen? probably not.

The cheapest I ever got was on Royal Caribbean years ago for $258 pp/week.

Got email from TA that got offer from Princess to upgrade from obstructed balcony to Mini suite for $99 pp. Phoned TA and told her yes I wanted. She tried to call Princess while I was on hold but came back and said could not reach and left voicemail. Did not get a callback from TA so phoned and agency was closed at 7:00. Phoned first thing this morning and TA voicemail said off until Friday.Phoned agency and asked for somebody to contact Princess and said Princess would call them within 72hrs. Anybody ever heard of this? I figure I have lost out and I am very disappointed in TA. I cruise about 6 times a year and somebody must want my business. wish I could find a good TA

Your TA could have and should have forwarded the email of the "upsell" offer to you so that you could call the Yield Management number on that email. My experience has been that when I receive the email, I call the number on it and leave a message with my phone number. I then receive a call back within a day. As someone mentioned earlier, taking the "middleman" out of the process ensures success. Request that the email offer be forwarded to you. Good luck.

Just a thought.... maybe stating the obvious....

If Princess does work directly with passenger to set up any upgrades or upsells, even if they have booked thru a TA, then maybe they should also forward that email to the passenger. I am assuming that Princess will have most all passengers email and phone.

you must have a premium cabin then. We purchased an inside cabin, and if you knocked $900 off the price, the three of us would be cruising for $399 total. Could it happen? probably not.

The cheapest I ever got was on Royal Caribbean years ago for $258 pp/week.

Yep...during the swine flu...2009 time.....

When I read Thrak's comment I thought to myself..... 2 little info....I think he is referring to a 28 day cruise, probably 450.pp which is certainly easy to receive. Of course I am sure he will come in and give u the low done... I have been reading

AIPB threads and he has been making reference to a cruise leaving on Oct. 8 more than once...Yes, I have a very good memory for what I read on CC....so Watch out!

Enjoy....

Yep...during the swine flu...2009 time.....

When I read Thrak's comment I thought to myself..... 2 little info....I think he is referring to a 28 day cruise, probably 450.pp which is certainly easy to receive. Of course I am sure he will come in and give u the low done... I have been reading

AIPB threads and he has been making reference to a cruise leaving on Oct. 8 more than once...Yes, I have a very good memory for what I read on CC....so Watch out!

Enjoy....

The discounts are not a fixed dollar amount but a % of the cruise fare. Longer cruises in premium cabins produce higher discounts.

If Princess does work directly with passenger to set up any upgrades or upsells, even if they have booked thru a TA, then maybe they should also forward that email to the passenger. I am assuming that Princess will have most all passengers email and phone.

Agree, how difficult would it be add a Cc address.

I do the same thing as you. We were able to upsell to a mini suite because our TA is always looking out for us. Absolutely always book thru him.

We live in California and my TA is located here in our home town. He was out of town and called from Chicago to tell us we had an upsell offer. I said to take it. He called back in 5 minutes and it was a done deal. That is the kind of service I like. :) (He also gave us a very nice up front discount on our cruise sailing the 8th.) I do the work to find my cruises and book them but later I usually move them to my TA. I have, in the past, considered using the big box folks for their crazy OBC but the service isn't there nor is there any up-front discount.

Agree, how difficult would it be add a Cc address.

If you use a TA, Princess will only deal with the TA. The booking belongs to the TA.

If you use a TA, Princess will only deal with the TA. The booking belongs to the TA.

That's what we found out, anyway. We have 6 couples...4 booked direct with Princess and 2 with a TA. The 4 that booked with Princess were sent emails for a free upgrade from Preferred balcony to mini-suites. All 6 of us had cabins beside each other on the Caribe deck. The other two couples had to call their TAs and get them to get the same deal and move them near us...the 4 that booked with Princess all moved to Dolphin mini's in a row because we could work direct with the cruise line.