Fun Shops Quality?

sparks1093

I found the T-shirts to good quality and towels are fine. Maybe some flowers and/or champagne, She may enjoy that also. Have a great cruise.

As a DW myself, I second a nice surprise! Fun Shop items I have always gotten are nice quality. I also enjoy doing the Bon Voyage Cake on our first night. I preorder for mid cruise delivery (on one of our sea days) the package that includes two nice keepsake champagne glasses and the sparkling apple cider (we don't drink champagne, but you can get this too).

Also nice is the chocolate covered strawberries... but I will say he usually just buys they on board for me as a treat from the coffee shop as it is cheaper than preordering for delivery (by like 1/2 the price), plus they have a lot of other yummy treats at the coffee shop too and he always gets himself something.

I found the T-shirts to good quality and towels are fine. Maybe some flowers and/or champagne, She may enjoy that also. Have a great cruise.

Thanks for the info! The package I'm looking at also has a bottle of champagne and two flutes so it seems to cover all of the bases.

As a DW myself, I second a nice surprise! Fun Shop items I have always gotten are nice quality. I also enjoy doing the Bon Voyage Cake on our first night. I preorder for mid cruise delivery (on one of our sea days) the package that includes two nice keepsake champagne glasses and the sparkling apple cider (we don't drink champagne, but you can get this too).

Also nice is the chocolate covered strawberries... but I will say he usually just buys they on board for me as a treat from the coffee shop as it is cheaper than preordering for delivery (by like 1/2 the price), plus they have a lot of other yummy treats at the coffee shop too and he always gets himself something.

We're celebrating our 25th anniversary this year (back in August) and I thought about the decorations but I think she might appreciate the permanence of having things she can use and wear repeatedly to remind her of our special cruise.

I got the Anniversary decorations package with the Barefoot Bubbly and added the Chocolate Covered Strawberries. The decorations IMO were drab (tans/browns/peaches/navy) but the towel was good quality and the frame was nice (but again drab/dull colors for a celebration. guess they wanted them to match the room decor because it was drab and dull as well).

The champagne flutes are nice quality and etched with "Carnival". The chocolate strawberries were okay. They're obviously stored in a chiller but they were placed in our room when we were out and about exploring the ship and by the time we got back they condensation from the platter had made the chocolate mushy and sticky. :( They tasted good though and went well with the champagne. (you'll need to get ice in a bucket to chill it)

Would I do it again? No, but it was a nice splurge for our first cruise!

I got the Anniversary decorations package with the Barefoot Bubbly and added the Chocolate Covered Strawberries. The decorations IMO were drab (tans/browns/peaches/navy) but the towel was good quality and the frame was nice (but again drab/dull colors for a celebration. guess they wanted them to match the room decor because it was drab and dull as well).

The champagne flutes are nice quality and etched with "Carnival". The chocolate strawberries were okay. They're obviously stored in a chiller but they were placed in our room when we were out and about exploring the ship and by the time we got back they condensation from the platter had made the chocolate mushy and sticky. :( They tasted good though and went well with the champagne. (you'll need to get ice in a bucket to chill it)

Would I do it again? No, but it was a nice splurge for our first cruise!

Thanks! I have had experience with food left in the cabin before on NCL and that was our experience as well, by the time we returned whatever it was had reached room temperature. They have a pretty clear picture of the decorations and I agree they look rather drab.

Thanks for the info! The package I'm looking at also has a bottle of champagne and two flutes so it seems to cover all of the bases.

I purchased a similar package and everything was great quality. The champagne tasted good and I am usually not a fan of champagne. The flutes were a good weight and came in a box to protect them. The shirts were a good fabric weight but ran a little small so order one size larger if you want a looser fit. The towels are not as nice as the beach towels in the cabin but are colorful and also a good weight. The sun visors are sturdy and made well. My package also included a $25 bar credit and a Carnival tote bag. Overall I found this Carnival package to be a great value for everything I received in it.

I purchased a similar package and everything was great quality. The champagne tasted good and I am usually not a fan of champagne. The flutes were a good weight and came in a box to protect them. The shirts were a good fabric weight but ran a little small so order one size larger if you want a looser fit. The towels are not as nice as the beach towels in the cabin but are colorful and also a good weight. The sun visors are sturdy and made well. My package also included a $25 bar credit and a Carnival tote bag. Overall I found this Carnival package to be a great value for everything I received in it.

Fantastic info, sounds just like the package I looked at! Thanks!

I was looking to order that for myself and dh. Could you take a picture once you get it and share with us?? Thanks in advance!!

If I order it I will try to remember to do that (I am lucky to remember something from one day to the next so remembering this for 49 days will be a challenge:D). ETA it's the Sail Away Package that I am looking at and it seems like a very good deal for all that you get.

Edited by sparks1093

We're celebrating our 25th anniversary this year (back in August) and I thought about the decorations but I think she might appreciate the permanence of having things she can use and wear repeatedly to remind her of our special cruise.

Congratulations!<3

As a wife who appreciates practical gifts I think you nailed it.

I have bought that same package several times and was always very pleased with the quality.

It included a photo credit and a bar credit. There was no mention of these credits in the packages when they were delivered, but each time they showed up as OBC on the recipient's account.

Happy sailing!

We did the beach bag and towel purchase last year and will do it again this year.

One other note about the Funshops, the stuff sold on board is a nice quality. We recently took an Alaska Cruise and living in South Texas had no winter coats. Did not want to buy and pack them, so I got the bright idea to order them on Amazon and ship them to my Sisters house who was cruising with us.

The jackets were terrible (one of our very few poor Amazon purchases). Turned out there were much nicer jackets in the Fun shop, so we bought new ones there and returned the Amazon purchase. Reason I thought of it was we pulled them out of the closet for our trip to the UK last month and they were still great.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have bought that same package several times and was always very pleased with the quality.

It included a photo credit and a bar credit. There was no mention of these credits in the packages when they were delivered, but each time they showed up as OBC on the recipient's account.

Happy sailing!

Good to know the credits aren't mentioned with the package, saves a trip to guest services:).

We did the beach bag and towel purchase last year and will do it again this year.

One other note about the Funshops, the stuff sold on board is a nice quality. We recently took an Alaska Cruise and living in South Texas had no winter coats. Did not want to buy and pack them, so I got the bright idea to order them on Amazon and ship them to my Sisters house who was cruising with us.

The jackets were terrible (one of our very few poor Amazon purchases). Turned out there were much nicer jackets in the Fun shop, so we bought new ones there and returned the Amazon purchase. Reason I thought of it was we pulled them out of the closet for our trip to the UK last month and they were still great.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for the info, that was good thinking about shipping them to your sister, too bad it didn't work out. We will take an Alaska cruise one of these days.

We too are celebrating our 25th in May 18.

Congrats,

We are going on the Vista in May, Havana Wrap...7459

Best part about it, she does not know yet!

Private Horse back Ride for the 2 of us in Aruba,

Private car for tour in Curacao..

Still working on the others...

Will be looking at some things for her in the fun store as well!

First vaca since her brain surgery in 2012!

Had a cruise set for her 50th last year but had to cancel due to heath issues.

She is going on this one if I have to Medivac her to the ship!

We too are celebrating our 25th in May 18.

Congrats,

We are going on the Vista in May, Havana Wrap...7459

Best part about it, she does not know yet!

Private Horse back Ride for the 2 of us in Aruba,

Private car for tour in Curacao..

Still working on the others...

Will be looking at some things for her in the fun store as well!

First vaca since her brain surgery in 2012!

Had a cruise set for her 50th last year but had to cancel due to heath issues.

She is going on this one if I have to Medivac her to the ship!

Sweet! I bet she'll love it. My DW had brain surgery in 2007 to repair three aneurysms and has had numerous back surgeries so we definitely know about health issues. This cruise isn't a surprise for her (I booked it about a year and a half ago on a spur of the moment $50 pp deposit sale) but we did spring for a premium aft balcony.

Sweet! I bet she'll love it. My DW had brain surgery in 2007 to repair three aneurysms and has had numerous back surgeries so we definitely know about health issues. This cruise isn't a surprise for her (I booked it about a year and a half ago on a spur of the moment $50 pp deposit sale) but we did spring for a premium aft balcony.

Have a good time, sounds like you both need it..............

Ever since we did an Aft Balcony..I could not cruise any other way and the Vista will make it that much better!