We need help for decision oasis

Cruisegirl6

HELLO,

We always dine at the specialty restaurants nightly but its been years that we actually went to the MDR even for one dinner....I usually purchase individual reservations so that I am able to choose my day and time immediately before going on the cruise, but since I already did that on the Harmony this past May, I purchased the 7 night dining package, only now, I am having some reservations:

I am thinking of eating in the MDR nightly, my other half doesn't mind either way and I don't which means we need you to make up our minds lol. His concern is from our past experience years ago of eating in the MDR was to eat with other people and trust me, many times it was not comfortable or pleasant...either the stablemates were to themselves lets say and not sociable, or children were present that were not behaved all the way down to sitting at a table that nobody spoke english but us...not pleasant so he is afraid that we have to dine with other people at the table.

If we do this, we want to have a table of two, are there many tables for two or is it difficult to get? How is the wait, we generally like dinner at 8pm and will have My Time/Anytime dining...if we have a wait, generally how long on an average would the wait be? Do you feel we will end up at a table with other people, need your advice, because the only thing holding us up from eating dinner in the MDR is sitting at a table with other people. Trust me, we are far beyond to ourselves, we love to meet people but we also want a nice pleasant dining experience so its best we eat by ourselves.

Need your feedback PLEASE!

We always do MTD/YTD whatever the ship calls it because A. We like a table for just our family and B. The early seating is too early and the late too late for us. We were a table for 2 on Oasis and never had to wait. In fact the only time we ever waited for a table on any ship was when we needed a table for 5 and then it wasn’t a long wait. Never waited for a table for 2 on any ship. Enjoy your cruise!

HELLO,

We always dine at the specialty restaurants nightly but its been years that we actually went to the MDR even for one dinner....I usually purchase individual reservations so that I am able to choose my day and time immediately before going on the cruise, but since I already did that on the Harmony this past May, I purchased the 7 night dining package, only now, I am having some reservations:

I am thinking of eating in the MDR nightly, my other half doesn't mind either way and I don't which means we need you to make up our minds lol. His concern is from our past experience years ago of eating in the MDR was to eat with other people and trust me, many times it was not comfortable or pleasant...either the stablemates were to themselves lets say and not sociable, or children were present that were not behaved all the way down to sitting at a table that nobody spoke english but us...not pleasant so he is afraid that we have to dine with other people at the table.

If we do this, we want to have a table of two, are there many tables for two or is it difficult to get? How is the wait, we generally like dinner at 8pm and will have My Time/Anytime dining...if we have a wait, generally how long on an average would the wait be? Do you feel we will end up at a table with other people, need your advice, because the only thing holding us up from eating dinner in the MDR is sitting at a table with other people. Trust me, we are far beyond to ourselves, we love to meet people but we also want a nice pleasant dining experience so its best we eat by ourselves.

As mentioned, you will get a table for 2, unless you ask for something different. As far as wait, I would suggest you book reservations ahead of time, as that will greatly reduce any wait. The wait is hard to know, as it depends on how long people take to eat before you, how many are doing mtd, and also the time you go. I would assume 8pm would fine, as you are past the first seating completely.

We were on the Oasis for the eclipse cruise, and were totally surprised by the MDR food and service. Both were outstanding. We had JUST been on the Liberty, same menu--definitely not the same tastes. I'd recommend giving it a try. If you are disappointed, the specialty restaurants are always available and packages are available on board.

We were on the Oasis for the eclipse cruise, and were totally surprised by the MDR food and service. Both were outstanding. We had JUST been on the Liberty, same menu--definitely not the same tastes. I'd recommend giving it a try. If you are disappointed, the specialty restaurants are always available and packages are available on board.

I don't recall seeing a report on the eclipse cruise. Did you have good visibility?

There are a fair number of folks who like to eat late and 8 PM seems to be pretty busy, in line with the second seating in traditional.
That could be, we usually eat around the first seating, and never had a wait, but wasn't sure.

We are exactly like you. We like to meet people and have made lots of friends on cruises but categorically do not want to be on a table with strangers for dinner. We always requested a table for 2 prior to the introduction of MTD and since its introduction have always requested - and got - a table for 2.

We tend to eat around 8/8.30 and find that we never have a problem getting a table.I would suggest that you pre-book 8.00pm every night and you can change it if you wish to during the course of the cruise The fact that you have a pre-booked time will mean that you will be in a separate line for those with reservations.

One other thing to be aware of - and which I really dislike on some ships - is that they will put tables for 2 so close to other tables for 2 that you may as well be sitting at the same table. Ask for a table at the end of a row or by a window or try to suss out the best tables for 2 when you first board and then request that particular table number.

I don't recall seeing a report on the eclipse cruise. Did you have good visibility?

It was cloudy that day, so we didn't have a good view of the planets on either side of the sun and during the period before totality, we had a cloud, then clarity, then a cloud, etc., but the clouds parted (miraculously?) at just the right moment, and our view of totality was perfect.

It was cloudy that day, so we didn't have a good view of the planets on either side of the sun and during the period before totality, we had a cloud, then clarity, then a cloud, etc., but the clouds parted (miraculously?) at just the right moment, and our view of totality was perfect.

Thanks, that was similar to our experience.

HELLO,

You could eat in the Solarium Bistro. You will have a table for two and it is quieter than the MDR. The food is very good and so is the service. Best of all it's complimentary.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Forums mobile app

We have never been to Labadee before, but I have heard about the Labadoozie. Does anyone know how much they are, and if they are included if you have the drink package on the ship. Also has anyone reserved the Columbus cove bungalows? Are they worth the price?

Thanks, Lisa

With MTD, book a slot and request a table for 2. You might need to be a little flexible with time if you hit a busy period. Not sure if you can make a booking for the whole week but it is worth checking.

I have been on 30+ cruises and met some great people from different backgrounds in MDR. Only on the odd occasion have they been annoying so in my case, I am happy to spin the roulette wheel. I appreciate not everyone wants to take that chance. One benefit of MTD is that even if you elected to share table, you are not likely to end up with the same people again.

BTW I don't always find the MDR menu appealing so tend to mix up my evening dinning with WJ and speciality.

We have never been to Labadee before, but I have heard about the Labadoozie. Does anyone know how much they are, and if they are included if you have the drink package on the ship. Also has anyone reserved the Columbus cove bungalows? Are they worth the price?

Thanks, Lisa

A Labadoozie is included in the drink package. However, the souvenir cup is not included, so you may have to go to a bar to get one without ther special cup.

We normally do the MDR. I have always been able to book a table for our party. (You have to do it early, or when the travel people "dump" their held cruises back on the market.) We have done the My Time Dining on two cruises with just the two of us and we had a table for two every night. We are going on Oasis in Nov for the first time and requested a table for our group. RCCL has always worked to accommodate any request.

If you choose my time dining, can you request the same waiter each night?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You can request it and they will do their best to accommodate. We did not even request on our cruise earlier this year, and had the same table and wait staff every night we were there with just the 2 of us.

If you choose my time dining, can you request the same waiter each night?

Yes you can, although you may have to be a little more flexible on timings. If you find a waiter you particularly like I suggest you have a word with the MTD host and ask he he/she can link your booking to that waiter. You may also find that particularly good waiters are in demand and it's hard to get a table with them after a few days as lots of people request them.

You can request it and they will do their best to accommodate. We did not even request on our cruise earlier this year, and had the same table and wait staff every night we were there with just the 2 of us.

Thanks so much!

We had MTD in Aug and had a table for 2 each evening. The nights we had a reservation we actually were in the same section/had same waiters. The other nights we were seated somewhere else but stated we wanted a table for 2 and was no issue. The nights we did not have reservations we went about 8pm and were seated immediately

Sent from my iPhone using Forums