Coffee Lover on Oasis

996turbos

I'm booked on Oasis in November and I have the Refreshment package. I know it includes water, coffee(not Starbucks), teas, fresh oj, and non-alcoholic beverages. My question is this. What is "your" favorite specialty coffee drink. I'm looking for variations of fraps, caps, and expressos that are coffee or tea based and are included in the package. What is it called and how do you pronounce the ordering of it. I am looking for variety rather then just plain old coffee.:D

Pretty much ANY coffee or tea drink is included, as long as it's not from Starbucks.... (and I still don't know why Starbucks is so popular...their coffee sucks!)

You can get regular coffee and tea (iced or hot) without a package at all...it's included in your fare.

Your best bet is to find a moment when they're not swamped in the cafe promenade or Park cafe and ask them for a suggestion. Tell them a general guideline (sweet, creamy, sugar free, hot, iced, etc.). You'll be amazed by what some of them can come up with. That's how I discovered my favorite treat at a local shop....it's an Iced Almond Joy (chocolate, coconut syrup, coffee and almond milk) It's DIVINE.

I'm booked on Oasis in November and I have the Refreshment package. I know it includes water, coffee(not Starbucks), teas, fresh oj, and non-alcoholic beverages. My question is this. What is "your" favorite specialty coffee drink. I'm looking for variations of fraps, caps, and expressos that are coffee or tea based and are included in the package. What is it called and how do you pronounce the ordering of it. I am looking for variety rather then just plain old coffee.:D

I just got off the Oasis myself. I am a coffee drinker, and get the refreshment package on every sailing, and boy do I use it on espresso drinks.

They make espresso drinks at both the Promenade Café & the Park Café.. however, there is something off at the Park Café. Not sure if it was the two baristas, but I didn't go back because they were perfect at the promenade café.

Even though many drinks are not listed, ( don't let the menu scare you away) they will make most of the drinks that you can get on the Starbucks regular menu. I drank both Hot & Iced Caramel Macchiato, Hot & Iced Mocha's, Hot and Iced Chai, Café Vanilla, Double shots of espresso alone, Café Latte's, Cinnamon Dolce Latte, Regular Iced Coffee.... I had all those, and they were all wonderful, but the best in the Morning is a Hot Caramel Macchiato, and the best in the late morning, afternoon, evening and any other time (hehe) is an Iced Caramel Macchiato. With the drink package there really is no reason to have to suffer in silence with the drip coffee that is around the ship. :rolleyes: LOL

The Promenade café was open 24 hours while I was on board, but someone on here the other day said they were closed after 1am until after 6am, for their sailing. So not sure what is up with that.

Either way.. enjoy the package, and don't forget to get some of the fresh squeezed OJ in the promenade café as well... its delicious. Last but not least... make sure to enjoy a cappuccino after dinner, with dessert in the main dining room... really tops off the meal.

Edited by Mikew0805
more info

The pronunciations gave me a :D. DH got the refreshment package on Allure. He too found it lacking flavor at Park Cafe. He is pretty taditional in his coffee: Capp, espresso, and latte..but folks were getting all kinds of hot and cold drinks.

Have fun!

I just got off the Oasis myself. I am a coffee drinker, and get the refreshment package on every sailing, and boy do I use it on espresso drinks.

They make espresso drinks at both the Promenade Café & the Park Café.. however, there is something off at the Park Café. Not sure if it was the two baristas, but I didn't go back because they were perfect at the promenade café.

Even though many drinks are not listed, ( don't let the menu scare you away) they will make most of the drinks that you can get on the Starbucks regular menu. I drank both Hot & Iced Caramel Macchiato, Hot & Iced Mocha's, Hot and Iced Chai, Café Vanilla, Double shots of espresso alone, Café Latte's, Cinnamon Dolce Latte, Regular Iced Coffee.... I had all those, and they were all wonderful, but the best in the Morning is a Hot Caramel Macchiato, and the best in the late morning, afternoon, evening and any other time (hehe) is an Iced Caramel Macchiato. With the drink package there really is no reason to have to suffer in silence with the drip coffee that is around the ship. :rolleyes: LOL

The Promenade café was open 24 hours while I was on board, but someone on here the other day said they were closed after 1am until after 6am, for their sailing. So not sure what is up with that.

Either way.. enjoy the package, and don't forget to get some of the fresh squeezed OJ in the promenade café as well... its delicious. Last but not least... make sure to enjoy a cappuccino after dinner, with dessert in the main dining room... really tops off the meal.

My older kids are always ordering something I've never heard of and it's either light, skinny, sweet, ect. and I just order plain old coffee so your recommendations are very helpful. I jokingly tell them they order "candy coffee" while I get the real thing. This cruise I wanted to order "candy coffee" too lol. After 50+ years I wanted to give it a try without sound stupid trying to order it .:o Anyone else have a fav as well?