Have you ever seen a celebrity on a Carnival cruise ship???

scomar

I believe they were filming fora TV show, hence the condoning off.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I get it, I guess I'm just jealous of how fast he became rich and famous. Isn't that awful! To think I watched the whole season and episode where he won and I'm still jealous.

On our NCL Eclipse cruise last month I saw CeeLo Green in the Haven lounge on a couple of evenings. Very laid back. I understand he had recently been on for 2-3 sailings. He left "early" along with us and 1/2 the ship when the cruise was cut short due to Irma. The other 1/2 stayed on and ended up with 3 days in Cozumel.

Tom

His tiny hands freak me out! *shiver*

Did a British Isles cruise this summer and Marion Ross (Mrs. Cunningham on Happy Days) and Kathy Kinney (Mimi on the Drew Carey show) were on board and just as nice as they could be.

That was a Princess cruise though not a Carnival cruise.

We just got off a cruise on another line and while on an excursion in Jamaica, we saw Kristin Bell and Seth Rogan. We were all interrupting the shoot for their movie. In one shot, we were next to the extras, just out of the frame.

I remember that cruise well! We were turned away at the steakhouse when we arrived at our appointed time as they were filming him and his family in there. We (and others) were directed to a nearby bar where we were given a free drink. After a period of time (15-20+ minutes?) we were "allowed" into the steakhouse. As we were entering one of his crew came right up to me and told me (something along the lines of) "walk right by him, do not look at them, etc...". I replied with a comment such as "why would I", or "I wasn't planning to"...

Tom

At least you got a free drink out of it! Yeah - I got the "don't look at him" garbage also. Hard not to look at him when we were squeezing past him as he and his group blocked the whole hallway.

At least you got a free drink out of it! Yeah - I got the "don't look at him" garbage also. Hard not to look at him when we were squeezing past him as he and his group blocked the whole hallway.

I think I would have made a point about asking him about how to make french fries:)

I’ve had the pleasure of seeing two celebrities while cruising with Carnival.

The first is Tampa Bay Rays third baseman Evan Longoria. We ran into him on the Breeze on day 4 of a 7 day cruise in our cabin hallway. I was wearing a Tampa Bay Rays t-shirt and as we were passing by says “hey man, I like your shirt”. I didn’t realize it was him until I made eye contact to say thank you and about sh*t myself! I’m both a big Rays and Longoria fan. We chatted for a few minutes, he was cruising with his wife. He asked what our plans were for the evening and we said dinner then maybe the piano bar. He said meet us at 10pm at the piano bar and drinks are on me. I really didn’t think he’d show, but sure enough! We got there about 5 till 10 and he was there. We took shots throughout the night and it was a good time. Didn’t see him again after that, but great memories. I have pictures somewhere on my Facebook, I’ll edit and add when I find them.

Second, we saw Judy Sheindlin on the Vista last year. We didn’t talk to her, but she was taking pictures with other guests and seemed approachable.

Did a British Isles cruise this summer and Marion Ross (Mrs. Cunningham on Happy Days) and Kathy Kinney (Mimi on the Drew Carey show) were on board and just as nice as they could be.

It's always nice to hear that people whose work you like are also nice people in real life. I love both their shows.

I was in a nice restaurant ( Narmada tower) this summer on the amalfi coast . I ran into a star from biggest loser .. Jillian .. she was ranting and raving about her private yacht she rented .. she said she would be better off on a carnival cruise ... I also cleaned up her laungae too

CaboCruise025.jpg

Not a big star, but.....

We met Ron Glass (Barney Miller) on the Elation in 07. He was with a group called the "Brown Coats". He told us it was for a movie and short lived TV series. Most of group were twenty somethings, he came over and chatted with us as we were closer to his age. Had lunch with him twice and did an excursion with him. Very down to earth guy.

Eeek!!!!! I would have wet myself from excitement! I'm a Browncoat! Fan of Firefly and Serenity! I went to a convention in California and met several of the actors, but not Ron Glass!

It's been a couple of years, and it may have been aboard a "Princess" ship, but we sailed with the parents of Casey Anthony. (Frankly, I don't even remember their first names, ) Most people left them alone, but I did see a few folks approach them and ask if that's who they are.

"SKY"

George and Cindy. Yikes

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Back in the late 90's, my husband and I were on a Disney cruise and we shared an elevator with Lance Bass. We had no clue that he was a celebrity until some young girls started screaming when they saw him. We asked the girls who he was and they told us he was part of N'Sync. Silly us, we said, "What's that?" We saw him later in the comedy club and walking around the ship. Most people (other than the young girls) ignored him.

Partnered with on a wine deal.

A lot of terrible humans out there that are worth a ton of money. One currently resides on 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Caught a Spelling Error in Your Post, I know you meant to say "formally Resided".....

Mike

mpdog42

Caught a Spelling Error in Your Post, I know you meant to say "formally Resided".....

Mike

mpdog42

I don't think that CC approves of correcting, and or pointing out, errors in grammar or spelling. Having said that, they're not too fond of political comments - which I can understand. Right there with religion...

I could speak at length about my opinions regarding both on message boards - but I'd be pissing some people off, and have others nodding their heads, End result: no minds/opinions would be changed, so it's only an act of futility.

Tom

I don't think that CC approves of correcting, and or pointing out, errors in grammar or spelling. Having said that, they're not too fond of political comments - which I can understand. Right there with religion...

I could speak at length about my opinions regarding both on message boards - but I'd be pissing some people off, and have others nodding their heads, End result: no minds/opinions would be changed, so it's only an act of futility.

Tom

Exactly why I do not talk politics with family members. Nothing good can come out of it