Have you ever seen a celebrity on a Carnival cruise ship???

scomar

Perhaps but when they cordoned off a section making it harder to get to your cabin that was going way to far.

If we paid to go on a ship and parts were closed for Fieri and his family only that would not make me a happy camper.

I would have no idea' date=' just bringing it up as a potential reason as opposed to having a celebrity on board and Carnival doing it purportedly just to alienate them on board. Stu, I cannot argue with your point of if I were sailing how I would feel.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It was not a pleasant encounter when we tried to get to our cabin. I won. Guy was on Breeze filming a segment about Guy's Burgers. You can't imagine the crowd that gathered to watch. That area was closed for a few hours while they were filming. Also mini golf and basketball court were closed at times not because of filming, but because his kids were playing there. Look - we have seen venues closed for private events - but had I known they would be filming, I truthfully would not have gone on that sailing. BTW - I like the burgers - Guy, not so much!! It was a pleasure when he got off at Jamaica and things got back to normal.

CaboCruise025.jpg

Not a big star, but.....

We met Ron Glass (Barney Miller) on the Elation in 07. He was with a group called the "Brown Coats". He told us it was for a movie and short lived TV series. Most of group were twenty somethings, he came over and chatted with us as we were closer to his age. Had lunch with him twice and did an excursion with him. Very down to earth guy.

That movie and short lived TV series are Serenity/Firefly and have a huge cult following;). I remember him on Barney Miller too, but as a fan of the show and movie associate Ron Glass much more as Shepherd Book.

It was not a pleasant encounter when we tried to get to our cabin. I won. Guy was on Breeze filming a segment about Guy's Burgers. You can't imagine the crowd that gathered to watch. That area was closed for a few hours while they were filming. Also mini golf and basketball court were closed at times not because of filming, but because his kids were playing there. Look - we have seen venues closed for private events - but had I known they would be filming, I truthfully would not have gone on that sailing. BTW - I like the burgers - Guy, not so much!! It was a pleasure when he got off at Jamaica and things got back to normal.

Guy is a tool. No idea how to cook at all. Terrible to his employees and staff. Real last name is Ferry changed to sound ethnic. He is the worst thing on the food network by far.

Guy is a tool. No idea how to cook at all. Terrible to his employees and staff. Real last name is Ferry changed to sound ethnic. He is the worst thing on the food network by far.

He must be on food stamps based upon your input..... oh wait I just checked and he is worth 8.5 mill, has one of the most famous shows on the food network with over 19 seasons and 260 episodes (of just one of his shows....that must be bad. Did you work for him?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Based on what you have said on here and another prominent poster seems like he has become rather high and mighty and someone who we would hate to see on a cruise.

Sucks that they would close the basketball court for his kids to play.

Is your husband tall? Bird is like 6'9"

Actually he's only around 6' 5" but I guess his strong resemblance makes everyone question him. He's also only 54 so a few years younger too, however the hair color and face are really similar. We live in a smaller town so no one ever questions him, but whenever we travel he always gets approached, lol.

Actually he's only around 6' 5" but I guess his strong resemblance makes everyone question him. He's also only 54 so a few years younger too, however the hair color and face are really similar. We live in a smaller town so no one ever questions him, but whenever we travel he always gets approached, lol.

Probably tall enough. I'm sure a lot of people who have only seen him on TV don't realize how tall he is. I was just wondering if you were going to say he's 6'0" or something.

His paternal grandfather was of Italian descent; Fieri changed his surname, Ferry, back to his family's original surname, Fieri, when he got married in 1995, in order to honor his immigrant great-grandfather, Giuseppe Fieri

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_Fieri

Just through board meetings and a few launch events. You can tell a lot about someone by they way they treat their assistants. Just my opinion though.

So you have had meetings and launch events with the President?

You also had business with Guy Fieri?

By the tone of your posts you don't seem so easy to deal with either

Poor Freddy' date=' they have done away with him.[/quote']

I was wondering why I hadn't seen him on my last few cruises. Now I see the giant towel elephant wandering around! Guess the elephant is less frightening to kids. Freddy ranks up there with the Burger King king imho!! Creepy!!

So you have had meetings and launch events with the President?

You also had business with Guy Fieri?

By the tone of your posts you don't seem so easy to deal with either

It may certainly just be confirmation bias but SPKEMO sounded perfectly reasonable to me.

But I still like them burgers.

Was in the VIP Diamond/Platinum lounge with Rick Springfield. Actually held the door for him when he was coming in behind me. Child of the 80s here so thought that was cool. Though the only song I can remember him for is "Jesse's Girl".

Didn't call our decade the one hit wonders for nothing lol!

It may certainly just be confirmation bias but SPKEMO sounded perfectly reasonable to me.

But I still like them burgers.

Yes, the burgers are pretty good. Almost identical to a Five Guys burger.

I remember that cruise well! We were turned away at the steakhouse when we arrived at our appointed time as they were filming him and his family in there. We (and others) were directed to a nearby bar where we were given a free drink. After a period of time (15-20+ minutes?) we were "allowed" into the steakhouse. As we were entering one of his crew came right up to me and told me (something along the lines of) "walk right by him, do not look at them, etc...". I replied with a comment such as "why would I", or "I wasn't planning to"...

Yep - he was not on anyone's Christmas list after that sailing. I recall some threads stemming from that as well back when it happened, with some also backing up his less than positive reputation. One does not need to be nice/good in order to amass $$.

------------

On our NCL Eclipse cruise last month I saw CeeLo Green in the Haven lounge on a couple of evenings. Very laid back. I understand he had recently been on for 2-3 sailings. He left "early" along with us and 1/2 the ship when the cruise was cut short due to Irma. The other 1/2 stayed on and ended up with 3 days in Cozumel.

Tom

I remember that cruise well! We were turned away at the steakhouse when we arrived at our appointed time as they were filming him and his family in there. We (and others) were directed to a nearby bar where we were given a free drink. After a period of time (15-20+ minutes?) we were "allowed" into the steakhouse. As we were entering one of his crew came right up to me and told me (something along the lines of) "walk right by him, do not look at them, etc...". I replied with a comment such as "why would I", or "I wasn't planning to"...

Yep - he was not on anyone's Christmas list after that sailing. I recall some threads stemming from that as well back when it happened, with some also backing up his less than positive reputation. One does not need to be nice/good in order to amass $$.

------------

Tom

I remember the stories from when he was on that ship. Told me to do that would probably have said something about that comment to my wife loud enough so Fieri would have heard me.