Have you ever seen a celebrity on a Carnival cruise ship???

scomar

In 1994 when the Fantasy was the flagship we seen Barbara Eden on the ship, don't know what cabin she was staying was hers, but seen her in the lobby.

She was probably staying in an interior bottle cabin :D

I don't think celebrities cruise the "Masses" lines. I would only exact to see reality TV celebs on those lines and maybe Kid Rock.

Never seen a celebrity on Royal, NCL or Carnival.

I saw Louis Gossett Jr., and Eric Mccormick on Crystal Serenity.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Forums mobile app

Yep - Guy Fieri when he was shooting one of his shows on the Carnival Breeze. What a pain that was - they closed off different areas/venue not just during the shoot, but wherever he went. He was staying in a cabin/suite on deck 7, and they wouldn't even let me go down the hallway to my cabin, which was a few doors from his. They shut down the ropes course so his kids could go on it. Luckily he got off the ship permanently at our second port!

Wow, you'd think he'd want passengers to like him and feel comfortable with him, since he's the creator of some of the restaurants!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We quite probably wouldn't notice (apart from Shepherd Book). Both my husband and I have variously asked a famous actress and the then captain of the Australian Cricket team (while in Australia) what they did for a living. Both were charming about it! She told my husband she was in the entertainment industry (I told him later who she was) and he told me that he played professional sport.

I had someone pointed out to me on the Legend as being a cast member of one of the early Australian survivor shows, I can't remember who it was though.

I'm a huge Cowboys fan as well and ended up on a cruise with Emmitt Smith years ago. He too was very gracious with the people who approached him, though I left him alone as he was with his family. My wife did get some pictures of him climbing Dunns River Falls in Jamaica.

I won't belabor the point since it is off tract from the ops point of celebrity, but I have as well and totally disagree.

No problem some people see him as a celebrity, just not me jimBoB. Everybody sucks up to something these days .:cool:

No problem some people see him as a celebrity, just not me jimBoB. Everybody sucks up to something these days .:cool:

No sucking up on my part. My comment was based on him being a real person, compassionate and well meaning, not so much the celebrity part.

So how did you get to your cabin? Did they have a special system setup?

No, they did not. I just pointed down the hallway, said my cabin is there, and pushed my way through when they (I guess they were his production crew/bodyguards) blocked our way. I am usually not "pushy" at all, but my special needs dd needed to lay down, and I guess they didn't want to wrangle with all 5'3" of me!!;p

No sucking up on my part. My comment was based on him being a real person, compassionate and well meaning, not so much the celebrity part.

JH in person does seem to be a well meaning and compassionate fellow. Unfortunately to many people do try to suck up to him in person